Exciting Book Releases | Summer 2017

summer 2017 book releases; best books of summer 2017; new books 2017
Mid-May means summer is right around the corner, even though that's hard to believe because it has been unseasonably cold. While I tend to be a mood reader more than a seasonal reader, there are so many books coming out this summer that I can't wait to read. These are all books by authors I've read before and really loved.




Once & For All - Sarah Dessen | June 6th
If you grew up reading and loving Dessen's novels, I don't think it's possible to not be excited when she releases a new book. This book focuses on the daughter of a wedding planner, and I could be totally wrong but the synopsis gives me This Lullaby vibes which makes me really excited.
The Lying Game - Ruth Ware | June 15th
A woman has to confront something from her past with her best friends from high school, who she hasn't seen in years. This sounds a lot different from her last two thrillers-- and the mention of high school friends makes me think of Luckiest Girl Alive for some reason, but I'm hoping that won't be the case once I start reading it.
Hello Sunshine - Laura Dave | July 11th
Eight Hundred Grapes was really enjoyable so I'm hoping this will be another perfect summer read. It's about a celebrity social media chef who seems to have it all, but is really hiding something. I think the social media tie-in should be really fun. [read my review]
The Lake Effect - Erin McCahan | July 11th
I adored Love and Other Four Letter Words, and there's no skipping over this cover-- it's so cute! I love that it's based around a small town on Lake Michigan, focusing on a guy's life the summer after finishing up senior year of high school.
A Stranger in the House - Shari Lapena | July 27th
While I thought the plot of The Couple Next Door was just okay, the synopsis of this sounds like it could be interesting. A woman doesn't remember what happened, but she wakes up in the hospital and is told she was in an accident, but no one knows what to believe.
Wish You Were Here - Renee Carlino | August 15th
Oh how I loved Swear On This Life, and was so excited to hear about this release. It's about a twenty-something who randomly meets a guy, has a great connection & one-night stand, but he's suddenly totally uninterested the next day. Months later she decides to try and find out what happened (I'm already hooked on the suspense, hah). [read my review]
Young Jane Young - Gabrielle Zevin | August 22nd
The Storied Life of AJ Fikry was one of my favorite books I've read recently. This sounds completely different in just about every aspect, but it sounds just as good. A congressional intern has an affair with her boss that goes sour, so she basically has to start her life over again in a small town in Maine.

summer 2017 book releases;

I'm sure I missed a few, and I know there are some great sounding debuts coming out this summer too. What's on your summer reading list?

24 comments

  1. I'm excited for the author of 800 grapes to come out with a new book and I'm ready for another great thriller by Ruth Ware! Thanks for sharing all of these - added all the releases to my amazon list!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like I need to catch up on some books to read these. I loved 800 Grapes so yay!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! I can't wait for The Lying Game or A Stranger in the House!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to Renee Carlino's book and Gabrielle Zevin's book! I hadn't heard of a few of these but I'm going to check them out! Nothing beats summer reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tend to find myself looking for some lighter reads during the spring and summer or a really good thriller, so I know what you mean about wanting some seasonal reads! Even though I didn't love The Woman In Cabin 10, I still want to read the next Ruth Ware book because I just love suspense and thriller type books! Wish You Were Here also sounds like a really good and interesting book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love when you do these posts! I feel so behind on reading because I'm still waiting to get some of the older titles from the library, lol. Eight Hundred Grapes is one of my favorites, so I can't wait for Hello Sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you! I typically rely on others to let me know about upcoming releases. LOL. The LaPena and Ware books were on my radar, but not the others. And this reminds me that I liked a few Dessens and should read more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh, I didn't know about the new Laura Dave and Gabrielle Zevin books - I will definitely add those to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I requested Wish You Were Here on Netgalley a few days ago and I BETTER get approved!!!! My first book of hers was Before We Were Strangers and I have been in love ever since and need them all! I have a few others on your list on my radar and basically adding the rest of them too! So many books so little time you know??? Can someone just pay me to read????

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked Eight Hundred Grapes too and got Hello Sunshine on NetGalley! I also got Wish You Were Here, but I loved Swear on This Life so much that I'm a little nervous to read it! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved Eight Hundred Grapes so hoping this one is just as good! And you'll have to let me know how you like The Lying Game. I'm definitely intrigued but I hated Luckiest Girl Alive so hoping it's not like that! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  12. These sound good! I am definitely looking into The Lake Effect. I've been in the mood for Fluff. I need to get through my netgalley queue...even a little... and some other things sitting around at home. I hope you enjoy these, I can't wait to see what you say in upcoming SUYB posts. ;) XO - Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really want to read the Lying Game!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like some good reads. Saving this list. I just bought 3 more audible books so I'll have to get through those before buying more books.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great idea! I see tons and tons of book reviews, but never up and coming releases!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOVE Sarah Dessen so I'm really looking forward to reading this book!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  17. i am so excited for Wish You Were Here! i really hope it as good as swear on this life. added all the others to my list! i never hear about new books except on blogs or netgalley, so thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I used to LOVE Sarah Dessen, I need to read her again! The Storied Life of A.J. Fikry is one of my favorite books!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I added "The Lying Game" to my list. I have not read anything by Ruth Ware before. Any other books from her that you liked?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I've been pretty bad at keeping up with new releases so this post is great! I'm very curious about The Lying Game, I've only read one other book by that author - The Woman in Cabin 10. The fact that it sounds a bit like Luckiest Girl Alive is a bit off-putting but I think I'll still give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I never know when new books come out so thanks for sharing this. I can't wait for Sarah Dressen's new book. Love her work.

    ReplyDelete
  22. You have me excited about some of these books, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh I did not know Zevin had a new book coming out! I will add it to my wish list :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm so excited for Sarah Dessen's new book!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top