Spring Things & Wish Listing

Happy first official day of spring! Even though it was still snowy and freezing for most of yesterday and I could do with a lot more 60-70 degree days in the forecast, but such is life. Despite the weather spring has been on my mind for a while, blame that early warm spell we got a few weeks ago, so I thought I'd share some favorite things & a mini wish list.



florals
While fresh flowers are nice, and having the windows down to get fresh air is ideal, we're not quite to those temperatures yet so my floral candles have definitely been getting me in the mood for spring. My current favorite is the holland tulips soy candle I got last summer. It's the smallest single wick candle but the scent throw is amazing & I don't know if anything smells like spring more than tulips. I'm also excited to burn the pink magnolia candle from Target-- from what I found on the website it looks like this fragrance is back this year & available in this really pretty hobnail glass container.

Floral perfumes are my weakness in general. Daisy eau so fresh obviously wins for the prettiest packaging, but english pear & freesia is possibly my all-time favorite scent. While they're both very floral, I find daisy to be more on the sweet side.
a pink lip
My lips get crazily chapped during the winter and the Smith's strawberry lip balm is my all-time favorite. I've tried almost every other version of their lip balms and this one is my absolute favorite. While strawberry strikes me as more summery I wanted to mention it because it's a must if I'm planning on wearing lip color. 

I picked up the Smashbox Liquid Lipstick in babe alert during the VIB sale in the fall. While I immediately loved the formula, I originally planned on switching the shade because even though it swatched beautifully, it looked too orangey on the lips. I ended up trying it on again and actually really liked the color-- I'm not sure if it was the little bit of added color from our trip to Miami, but I think I'll really like it when I totally switch to my darker foundation. I definitely recommend checking out if you're looking for a liquid lipstick that really stays put and doesn't feel overly drying on the lips.
wish listing
With the change of seasons on the way, my wish list is growing a little bit.

(1)I've heard the Charlotte Tilbury lip liner in pillow talk is amazing, so I was really excited to see the shade was now being released in a lipstick formula. It's supposed to be the perfect pinky nude. (2)I'm pretty sure lolita was all of the rage last year, but Kerri always talks about loving Kat Von D lip products, so I'd love to try out the everlasting liquid lipsticks. (3)Apparently I'm all about the lips, but the new Buxum plumping lip liner seems really interesting & has great reviews so far. (4)I don't currently wear eyeshadow enough to justify buying this Smashbox palette, but the colors in the ablaze kit are gorgeous and I love how small and compact it is. (5)I'm not really bit into clothes shopping right now, but I've had my eye on this romper-- I love the structure of it & the burnt sienna color is one of my favorites. 

What's on your wish list for spring? Are you a fan of liquid lipsticks? Floral scents?

24 comments

  1. when the seasons change, so do my nail polishes...i go from dark (winter) to light (more pinks or fuschias). I don't wear lipstick on a regular basis but i usually go for pinks that are a slight shade deeper than my normal lip colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah this list is perfection! and yes to kat von d shades! i just love all her colors. and i love that smiths balm - i have a tin by my bed and wear it every night. florals aren't my top go-to but they sure are this time of year!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. The romper is adorable and would look fab on you! Love the smashbox lip color! All pretty things for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes to all the fresh flowers and pink lips for spring! I think you'll definitely love the color more with your darker foundation. Sending warmth your way gurlie for a fabulous week <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all the spring things! Now if the weather could just cooperate. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the pink magnolia scent from Target and just started burning mine again, hooray! It's so pretty and perfectly springy. My lips have been beyond repair this winter, and I haven't been wearing much makeup at all, but looking ahead I'm trying to find a perfect everyday lip product. I don't want to commit to anything I can't just swipe on and go but I am so undecided! This is probably a weird dilemma to have though, haha. That romper is adorable; I pretty much live in rompers in the summer and can't wait until it's warm enough to get excited about adding a new one or two to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Kat Von D liquid lipsticks! I wear Bow N Arrow and have been looking for a bright pink for spring. I haven't found one that I like. They are either too peachy or too red for me. The search continues. Now if the spring weather could just show up, that would be great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So happy spring is here (though it's cold and rainy here today)! I am in search of some new lipsticks for spring, too. I have a CT lipstick and I like it okay... for the price, I think the quality is lacking. Could just be my winter lips!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm loving all of the pink colors for spring as well, and I just bought a brand new gloss over the weekend that I think will be perfect for Spring. I really hope that things start to warm up for y'all soon! The weather can be so mean by showing you what spring is going to look like and then going back to winter weather!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to try that liner!! Let me know if you do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have been having my fall/winter candles going 24/7 to use them up so I can buy some spring candle scents. I suppose I could save them until next fall but I don't like having half-melted candles lingering around cluttering up cabinet space so I'm doing it this way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the light pastels of SPRING are making me SO HAPPYYYYYYY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have Kat on D lip stuff and I love it!!! I am with you on loving the pink lip for spring. And those candles sound amazing! It is supposed to be 75 here today, sorry about your snow ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Right now the thing at the top of my wishlist is the ability to be outside, a lot!

    Athleisure shoes, otherwise. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love a pretty pink lip! That Smashbox color looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have an ever growing wish list of things I need haha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm with you on both of these -I started pulling out some of my floral perfumes and applying my pink lipsticks with a heavier hand!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have heard so many good things about Charlotte Tilbury products!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love CT makeup!! And that romper is SO cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the lip colors! They are perfect for spring! I've been diffusing all the spring smelling essential oils in our house and it's really getting me ready for warmer weather!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That pink magnolia candle sounds so amazing! I'm definitely going to have to check it out. And love that Smith's lip balm! You totally need that romper girl, it is so cute! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  22. We aren't quite to open window temps either but I am so looking forward to that!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ooh that charlotte tilbury lipstick looks so pretty. i love that pinky nude colour. i am pretty sold on my milani nude creme lipstick - it's pretty much all i wear all year round. that romper is super pretty! i will have to check out that candle from target, we have been going through candles like crazy living in a basement. no windows, 3 cats = smelly. tmi? lol.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The strawberry lipstick sounds so appealing! I have that pink magnolia candle from a few years ago and I think it was a dud because it never filled the room with scent - I hate when that happens! But maybe they have reformulated and I can try again because I really liked it. Thanks for reminding me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top