Pass or Purchase Again? [vol 8]


I took a bit of a hiatus with these posts (the last one was in June), but I miss chatting about beauty products and I love reading empties posts! A few of these are repeats, but I'm excited to talk about a few products I haven't mentioned before. I've used affilate links through Shopstyle in this post, meaning I get a few cents if you browse or purchase a product through my link.



Lancome Hypnose Drama | I accidentally ordered the drama instead of the original hypnose and was bummed because I definitely don't like it as much. It's similar to the original, but as the description claims it delivers high volume (as opposed to custom/buildable volume). I often found there would be too much product for my liking on the wand, since I prefer a more dry formula-- which is probably why I prefer the original. If you want a lot of volume this might be for you and I did often get compliments on my lashes when wearing! repurchase just not this formula!

Clarins Toning Lotion | I don't use toner daily so this took me forever to use up! It holds true to its claims and is extremely gentle- minimal redness after I use it! It has a faint scent that I really like- I think it's the chamomille. I had already purchased another bottle (when it was on sale), so this was a purchase again, but I think next time I'll go back to trying Mario Badescu because it's less expensive.

Living Proof PhD Dry Shampoo | I just recently finished this tiny bottle after picking it up in the Sephora VIB sale...in 2015! So that goes to show how often I use dry shampoo... though to be fair I sometimes felt like I was saving it for special hair occasions because of the cost and would use trusty (but strongly scented) Batiste instead. It feels pretty similar to Batiste in terms of how well it works, but I find LP to be a bit lighter and have a waaaaaaaaaay better scent that goes away, whereas the Batiste always seems to linger in my hair. I plan on repurchasing this the time time it's on sale or if I come across a good LP value set.

Murad Essential-C Day Moisturizer | I loved this stuff! I've found it difficult to find a good moisturizer that also has SPF in it, and this definitely takes the cake! It's lightweight, yet moisturizing and perfect to wear under makeup. It's really pricey which is why I've opted not to repurcahse right now, but will consider when summer gets a little bit closer. While I know it's important to wear SPF daily, in the winter I literally get 0 minutes of sunlight most of the time, so I stick with my Clinique lotion+ for winter daytime moisturizer. Another thing I really liked about this product was that it didn't cause any redness or irritation with my skin, which sometimes can happen with products containing vitamin c.

Belif True Cream Moisturizing Bomb | I've talked about this before and find it to be a great moisturizer, especially in the winter months when my skin gets extremely dry. Definitely a HG product for me that I repurchased!

Not pictured are Simple makeup remover wipes and Almay makeup eye makeup remover pads that I've mentioned a zillion times and almost always have on hand.

Have you used up any beauty products recently? Any new favorites?

23 comments

  1. The hypnose is definitely my favorite of their mascaras! The belief cream is so amazing - I wish the price wasn't as high as it is, but it's well worth it for the product you get in return! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard SO MUCH about the living proof dry shampoo I feel like I have to try it! But honestly? I just can't justify the price tag for something I'll blow through in like 2 weeks. I'm with you on the dry mascara thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We're so much alike (and so funny!) when it comes to the dry shampoo. I have the exact same one and I notice myself doing the same thing...saving it for a more important time to use it. And I think it is because I feel it's too expensive to be using everyday!! :) It seems the cheap baby powder always gets used instead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with the ones you decided to skip and buy again. I've had the same experiences! I like the other mascara as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Belif cream! I got a sample of a thicker formula and I love that one as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. seriously that belif cream is almost gone - i am obsessed! and the living proof is one of my fav dry shampoos. i used it today actually :) i think i use more dry shampoo than regular haha

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. i recently received a sample of Beauty Counter shampoo and it's amazing! It smells so good (citrus) and this brand follows the EU list of (1500+) banned chemicals so there's nothing harmful in their products.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always am hearing about that dry shampoo. Love that little bottle lasted so long. I'm going to have to start hunting it down & trying.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Living Proof is my #1 dry shampoo. I buy Batiste and other cheaper ones for days I don't care as much. But absolutely nothing works as well as Living Proof for me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I seriously need to try some Living Proof products - everyone just raves about them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always wanted to try living proof!! You just reminded me of that again. I love lancome grandiose mascara - that is definitely my favorite here of late.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm still on the lookout for the perfect moisturizer with SPF. For Christmas I asked my husband to put Origins Mega-Defense Advanced Daily UV SPF 45 in my stocking. I had only seen it online and I like it a lot, but the directions say to put it over your moisturizer. I kind of just want one thing to put on every day. In Hawaii I need to put SPF on every single day but I still haven't found one that I absolutely love. I might try that Murad one you recommend when this runs out.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love love LP dry shampoo and it is the only one I will purchase from now on. Batiste was alright but the smell is always way too strong and it was all I smelled all day. I much prefer LP and it had better ingredients. I have a sample of Belif I am about to start, I hope I like it has much as you. I really love my Clinique moisturizer because it works great and it is a better price than most out there but I am open to a change if I find something that works just as well. I have a bag full of empties that I need to sit down and write a post for. So many that I might break it up into two or three posts!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to try that mascara and the Belif cream for sure! I can't believe I've never tried either! I use dry shampoo probably WAY more than I should so I only splurge on the LP one every once in awhile haha! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally have a love-hate relationship with Murad products - they are so AMAZING but they're also incredibly pricey! Luckily a little goes a long way with them so I can put off repurchasing their products like you said but gahh, I feel ya!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm the same way about dry shampoos, as I'm not a fan of the strong scents. Because then I always associate the scent with dirty hair lol :-P
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've heard so many good things about the LP dry shampoo, but just haven't pulled the trigger due to the cost. Batiste has been my go to dry shampoo since I started using it, so I'm glad to hear that it's very comparable to Batiste.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really need to try more LP products! I've liked the ones I have tried so far.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that dry shampoo for the very reason you do, the smell! Every other one I've tried has an overwhelming smell!

    ReplyDelete
  20. hmmm i do feel like i can smell my Batiste throughout the day, and because i use the brunette one, i can't touch my hair (which i always do, so i end up with it on my fingers which then touch my face etc etc)... i am intrigued by the living proof one.
    as for products for me.. i am almost finished with my first pixi glow tonic and i don't know if i will repurchase. i like the routine i have and i like that it starts my nightly routine but i don't know if it's actually done anything.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've been using Batiste but don't love the strong scent either. And I bought the original and it makes my hair white. I've heard great things about Living Proof but it is really expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I absolutely love LP, and I can't get enough of their dry shampoo! When Nordstrom had their big sale last year, they had a combo with their shampoo and conditioner and dry shampoo which I bought and love! I also love the Belief moisturizer as well! It just works wonders!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top