Friday Things | feb17

one | We've needed a new desk chair for a long time, but I've never really put much effort into looking for one. I accidentally came across this one from Target, part of their Dwell Magazine collaboration and haven't been able to stop thinking about it. It doesn't appear to be in stores anywhere near us, so I'm a little skeptical about the legs, especially because we favor gold accents in our house, but it seems to have good reviews so far. I'm hoping there will be a furniture sale sometime soon before it sells out.



two | Thanks to Steph, I have a new favorite snack! I'm usually not a huge popcorn person but a while ago she mentioned a maple and sea salt kettle corn that you pop at home and I knew I had to try it! Basically you pop it and then it has two little packets and you shake up the toppings and it tastes so good and is perfect for my sweet tooth. We ordered it on Amazon the first time, but now we've been able to find it at our local Safeway.

three | After two failed butternut squash attempts, I think I've surrendered to the fact that I only like it when someone else (aka a professional chef) makes it. I picked up these butternut squash spirals and sauteed them for a few minutes. They looked great, held up their shape, didn't get soft or mushy, but tasted terrible. I also think I need to just stick to actual pasta when I want something in noodle form.

four | I'm really excited for the Big Little Lies mini-series later this month. I considered a reread of the book because I don't remember a lot of the details other than the ending completely shocking me. It definitely wasn't my favorite book, but I like a lot of the actors in it, so I'm hopeful that it will be well done. I also read that Today Will Be Different is being made into a limited tv series starring Julia Roberts. The book wasn't my favorite, but I love Julia Roberts so I'm excited about that adaptation too.

fiveContinuing on the subject of TV shows, we finally finished up season 2 of American Crime (available on netflix). We breezed through season 1 in a few days, but season 2 was a lot slower paced- about halfway through I didn't even want to finish watching, but it does pick up again in the last few episodes. If you've never watched it, each season is a standalone story with many of the same actors carrying over in each season. I wasn't really familiar with Felicity Huffman, but she's been amazing in both of her roles. Season 3 starts next month and it sounds like it's going to be really good.

Happy Friday! I'm linking up with H54Ffab favoritesoh hey friday.

22 comments

  1. I asked G if he could get us HBO just for Big Little Lies LOL! I really loved the book! Happy Friday girl! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been binging on Lucifer. It's quirky, fun and the main guy is pretty hot so there's that LOL. have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree - totally loving on that chair!! Stopping by from the link up. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok i literally cooked the EXACT same bs "noodles" last night w/ my fav sauce and i didnt eat them. i didnt like! BUT i got the zucchini ones from whole foods (same section) and i'm not gonna lie - they are 100% better. just a tip. and i love that chair. they only have a couple dwell things at my store too but from what i've seen the quality is good! happy friday girly!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Julia Roberts too. I think she's emerging from her shell again and that pleases me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK - I was confused where the Big Little Lies was going to be at. I thought it was a movie but didnt see any trailers.

    They make chairs so cute now... makes a whole statement in a room.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like that desk chair! I'm always skeptical too about Target but I have to say everything we've gotten from them so far has worked out. If you have the red card you get free shipping and returns. Those butternut squash noodles sound so good! Beautifully Candid

    ReplyDelete
  8. HA! I'm glad I read about the butternut squash...I saw the pic and was thinking "hey, maybe I should try that". Have you tried "spiralizing" your own zucchini? It'll never replace pasta, but a good way to get veggies in and make them a little more fun. Target runs sales a lot, so hopefully it won't be long til' you can get a new chair.👍🏼 Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't seem to get into the vegetables as noodles trend.
    The only Liane Moriarty I've read was The Husband's secrets which I didn't love, but I'd like to see Big Little Lies and I always feel like I should the book first so...

    ReplyDelete
  10. That popcorn sounds so delicious!!! Good to know the butternut squash noodles weren't all that. I made spaghetti squash earlier this week and while I like it better than zucchini noodles...I prefer real noodles too. I can't wait for Big Little Lies!!! What Alice Forgot was my favorite book of hers, but I really enjoyed Big Little Lies too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't read Big Little Lies but I really want to watch the mini series. Unfortunately, I don't have HBO. Hope it's a good one!

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the chair! Could you spray paint the legs gold? I'm not much of a DIYer but never know! I never read Big Little Lies but I'm excited for the series! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm terrible with butternut squash too! And that chair - LOVE! Target for the win as usual! I say order the chair, and if it's not going with the rest of the gold accents in the home I love Lindsay's idea of spray painting them <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am loving that desk chair, it's super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Veggie noodle go sounds like a good buy! I am a vegetarian so I have to look into this company.

    Natalie Gennaoui

    ReplyDelete
  16. We're big fans of American Crime! I had no idea that the new season was coming out next month, good to know. I'm a little surprised that they're making Today Will Be Different into a mini series ... I didn't like the book at all, but I guess it can't be too bad with Julia Roberts in it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hardly remember Big Little Lies too! I wonder if I should re-read it. Do you know what network is hosting the min-series? I can't remember!

    ReplyDelete
  18. that chair looks so cute!
    i haven't actually tried any of the veggie noodles, i keep meaning to but i really like real pasta. haha.
    ugh seriously? i love julia roberts but hated today will be different. perhaps it will be better in tv form. i cannot WAIT for big little lies.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ahh I'm excited for the Big Little Lies show as well! I just finished listening to the audio book so it's still fresh in my mind. I agree, the ending was shocking and I can't wait to see it being played out. Nicole Kidman was perfectly cast as Celeste!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm beyond excited for the Big Little Lies miniseries too! I started listening to it with my husband so that he could be ready for the series too! I just hope that it listening to it again doesn't make me hate the series since we'll be watching it pretty quickly after finishing the book.

    ReplyDelete
  21. YES!! That popcorn! I have one bag left in the cabinet that I'm saving for movie night this week. I need to restock soon. Also, I'm so excited for Big Little Lies too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh man, I am SO excited about the Big Little Lies mini series! And I definitely have to try that popcorn. It sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top