Current Favorites | Winter 2017

Happy Wednesday, or the day after Valentine's Day, also known as the day to run out and stock up on all of the discounted candy. Just kidding, I'm trying to eat way less sugar as we count down to Easter as visions of jelly beans and Reese's eggs cloud my dreams. Anyway, I've been working on a list of things (mainly beauty) that I've been loving over the past few months.

Candle Glow Sheer Perfecting Powder | I came across this randomly on the Sephora website, and despite never hearing anyone talk about it, I decided I'd order it and try it out. It's a talc-free powder, which is awesome and it's supposed to set, perfect, and leave your skin with a diffused glow. At first I used it to set my under eye area and it did basically nothing. Then I tried it with a big powder brush to apply it all over my entire face and it has some kind of magical power that really does make my skin look a lot more smooth!

Grandiose Extreme Mascara | I finally got around to trying out this mascara even though I accidentally ordered the extreme version. When I first opened the tube I actually thought I was going to take it back because it looks kind of intense between the shape of the wand and the spiky bristles. After using it just once I quickly changed my mind because it's incredible. It gives such a great lift, and the shape of the wand (swan neck) allows you to really coat your lashes without getting mascara onto your waterline or into your eye accidentally. My lashes tend to stick together in the corners and this mascara really helps untangle them. My only complaint is that it's pretty difficult to remove.

Firming Body Scrub | I was in the process of reordering the Acnedote scrub that I love when this one caught my eye. I decided to try this out instead since it doesn't contain any acne medication and I really like it! I've used sugar scrubs in the past and find them a bit too abrasive most of the time, so I really like that this is lightly exfoliating, plus it gets a nice lather.

Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels | I had these for three or four months before I was finally brave enough to try them out and I don't know why I waited so long because they feel incredible on the skin. I'm not sure they actually make a difference in the appearance of my under eye area, but they feel great and definitely add some moisture.

Bobbi Brown Blush | My HG blush, chiffon by Smashbox, got discontinued (apparently all of their single blushes did), so I was on the hunt for a good quality blush to take its place and decided on nectar, a pink-coral. I love the color, the staying power, the size/quality of the compact. If I was a hoarder of blushes I'd love another one or two from BB.

Excursion Tights | I got these for Christmas and I've been stalking the Athleta website ever since to make sure they aren't going to go on sale because I definitely want another pair. They're the perfect running errands tights and I love that they have pockets on the sides and a little bit of structure to them with the detailing around the knees. They're super comfortable, durable, and my most worn pants!

Do you have any new recent favorite products?

30 comments

  1. The BB blush is a favorite of mine for sure - I have barely made a dent and I've had it for like 2 years!! Pockets on the side of those tights - SOLD!! I need them! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. bobbi brown cosmetics are legit. i dont buy it anymore since i rarely wear makeup but i do love her stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try that scrub, and how pretty is that blush! And now I'm totally craving jelly beans and Reese's eggs <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard a lot of good things about that mascara and want to try it out. I just hate ones that are super hard to remove. (They're Real i am looking at you!!!!) I have never heard of that brand tights before but I love what you said about them and have them on my radar for a sale now! I love Bobbi Brown anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a blush hoarder too so I need to pick up a Bobbi Brown! And those tights sound amazing... I can never turn down comfort. Or pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh those tights - love! will stalk the site myself. and that mascara is intimidating haha. you're not wrong. glad it was a good one! also i love any and all eye pads - i'll have to check those out!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that mascara. That swan neck makes it so easy. Love the eye pads too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm ALWAYS on the hunt for good tights - good to know these are thumbs up.
    That mascara wand. I would have thought it was broken myself if I didnt know to expect that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm all about blush, I have way too many haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. BB blushes are some of my favorite, too - I just wish the compacts had a mirror!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WHYYYYYYYY is Athleta stuff SO expensive? I want it all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been looking into new blushes -I need a little help feeling less white in the winter, I need to check that one out. The body scrub sounds wonderful, too!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard great things about that Laura Mercier setting powder, but haven't actually pulled the trigger on it. I'll have to remember to apply it all over my face!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those tights! They are so comfy. You know I'm an Athleta girl!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need those gel pads for under my eyes! I want to try that perfecting powder too. Thanks for the awesome reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love Alba Botanica! I need to try out that scrub! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've been all about comfy tights recently especially the LulaRoe collection. The Lancome mascara does look intimidating but based on your review, I really want to give it a try now. I've tried so many different types and usually the cheap drugstore brands do the trick just as well but I do love the Too Faced "better than sex" mascara for bold lashes but that's not what I like to use for everyday wear.

    ReplyDelete
  18. oooh i will have to check out those tights. that powder sounds amazing! i am very intrigued by that mascara but ugh to being hard to get off. i honestly just can't be bothered with mascara like that. i have never tried any eye gel thingys but i want to!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Dude, I need to try those eye gels. As you were describing them I was basically craving the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have had that mascara on my must-try list for quite some time! I feel like I just need to go ahead and order it and give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a hoarder of blushes... and I love Bobbi Brown because they have a compact that you can pop your blush and eyeshadow in to create your own palettes. I'm easily entertained. ;) I'm glad you like it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love those under eye masks -- I ran out recently and need to stock back up, they are so nice!
    I love me some blushes, but haven't tried an Bobbi Brown ones...need to fix that soon!
    xo, Lily
    Beauty With Lily

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm always looking for great leggings so I will have to try these out! I just got myself Moroccan Oil shampoo and conditioner and I'm kind of in love with it. I also took your advice to put coconut oil in my hair and I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those leggings sound amazing! I've been looking for ones with side pockets. And that body scrub sounds so nice! I hate ones that are super abrasive.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I need to try that mascara! I've been using IT Cosmetics Superhero Mascara lately, and I just don't like how flaky it is!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love reading posts like this because I know nothing about makeup but I gotta look good so I never know what to do! HAHA! I have Laura Mercier Baked Powder and I love the way it lies..so the perfecting powder just lays over your foundation to set it and look good?

    ReplyDelete
  27. Girl, the Reese eggs get me every time. Any Reese shape does haha! That mascara looks awesome. I've been looking for something that's not your usual drugstore brand, and this looks great!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  28. ooh those leggings are super cute! Do you have them in the black or the grey? I kind of want both now lol. Do they fit true to size? Is Athlete an extension of GAP? I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh thanks for sharing about those tights, I totally need to check them out. Oh the Reese's eggs are so good, I have been staying away from them. Too dangerous for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top