The Perfect Hand Cream

I'm not a big fan of lotion, but as soon as the cold weather rolls in and the heat kicks on my hands get painfully dry. I also wash my hands a zillion times a day, so that doesn't help with the extreme dryness. For the past couple of years I've been on the hunt for the perfect hand cream.

Aside from the obvious importance of moisturizing quality-- the two most important factors are fragrance and whether or not it's truly non-greasy.

Fresh Seaberry Nourishing Hand Cream | $23 for 2.3oz
I wanted to hate this-- I wanted it to be really unimpressive because it's so pricey, but it's wonderful and definitely my favorite of the bunch. The scent is extremely pleasant and very light- it doesn't linger at all once it's applied. It makes your hands super soft without being the slightest bit greasy or heavy. It's the perfect lotion to use throughout the day because

L'Occitane Shea Hand Cream | $12 for 1oz
This is a gorgeous hand cream that is perfect if you want something scented. I have the rose petals fragrance and it smells amazing and always makes me happy.

Aveeno Skin Relief |  $3.79 for 3.5oz on Amazon
Aveeno is usually a safe bet for sensitive skin- it's fragrance free and the packaging says it's dermatologist recommended. It holds true to the scentless claims, and while it is moisturizing I find it to be really greasy, which is a bummer since you get the most product for a fraction of the price of the other hand creams.

True Blue Spa Paraffin Super Softening Hand Lotion | $12 for 2.5oz
This is another great option that isn't greasy and has a very light, slightly citrusy scent. I was curious to find out what paraffin was, and from the googling I did paraffin is a mineral oil. Mineral oil has a lot of mixed reviews on whether or not it's safe, so if that's something you're trying to avoid I would probably skip this since it's the second ingredient listed after water.

What are your favorite hand creams or moisturizers?

20 comments

  1. I am actually gifting my SIL a L'Occitane set this year and I hope she likes it as much as I like their stuff! I use the first aide beauty and have one in my purse, night stand and one at work LOL!! I love that stuff! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. L'Occitane is by far one of my fav hand creams! SO luxurious! And I'm always a huge fan of Aveeno! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love l'occitane stuff and the almond scent is my FAV. also love me some kiehls ultra moisturizing cream. my hands are super dry even in florida in the winter and they are they best :)

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, I have a fresh moisturizing face oil in the same scent. Love it! I'll have to try the hand lotion. I'm the same way about lotion...it always feels so heavy to me! Before heading to NY a couple weeks ago, I picked up an Eos hand lotion, and I actually like it a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to try that seaberry - I use hand lotion much less than I should because I hate greasiness. That's good to know! L'Occitane discontinued my favorite scent a few years back so now I don't hang my hat on them anymore.

    Aveeno is too greasy, so is Vaseline and Neutrogena.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I use one by Matter company - it's so rich and amazing and natural!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to try the Seaberry one! My hands are awful every winter. I like Body Shops vitamin e line, it has a bit of a Rose scent to it that is pleasant. I'm with you on Aveeno and most drugstore ones being too greasy or not moisturizing enough. Soap and Glory makes a decent one but I feel it doesn't last long enough on your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Aveeno hand creams, but agree that they can be a little greasy. I also love anything from the Soap and Glory line.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a big fan of Aveeno myself.
    I like the Vaseline brand lotion too for my hands.
    I get a vat of coconut oil lotion at Sam's Club that I'm addicted to right now for my whole body in winter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Even here in FL I'm surprised at how much I need hand cream in the winter, and love love love the L'Occitane line too!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Fresh products!! Their lip line is awesome. I recently started using Kiehl's and BeautyCounter lotion and love both!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never tried L'Occitane, but I've heard such amazing things about it that I'd love to give it a try. Usually I just use a basic drugstore brand for lotion like Aveeno, and I really love it. I try not to use a lotion that has too much of a scent because I don't want it to compete with my perfume.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I need so much hand cream in the winter - my skin gets so dry! My favorites are Pacifica (they make such a cute little trio gift set) and JR Watkins ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so picky with lotions; I am not a fan of strong scents. The Fresh one sounds perfect, but of course it costs the most!

    ReplyDelete
  15. As a nurse who washes my dry hands all the time, I love L'Occitane!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hate greasy hand creams, which is why I rarely use it. That Fresh one sounds amazing but you're right, a little pricey.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Locctaine (sp) is my favorite hand lotion by far. I always keep them in my purse and at home. I am intrigued to try the other ones!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh I'm not surprised that Fresh hand cream worked good. I've tried a couple of their products and all of them work so beautifully! I've been using my old The Body Shop cream and Kiehls Creme de Corps both of which are ok but I might have to try the Fresh one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hand cream is one of the hardest things to find, I think. I recently got into The Norwegian Neutrogena Hand Cream and I freaking LOVE IT. I use it for everything (even on my lips) and it has helped with my dry winter skin so much.
    I remember you telling me about the Fresh cream. I really need to try that... but the price repulses me. Haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top