Friday Mash-up | christmas cheer, coffee, and TV favorites.

This week seemed to go by fast and slow all at once. Last night we had fun at the National Gallery of Art for the Evenings at the Edge. It was the first time my husband had been back in the East Building since it had opened so I was excited to show him all of my favorites. What was even more exciting was running into Deborah after Snapchat led us to realize we were both at the same place! It was so awesome to finally meet her in person!



Despite the cold weather creeping in, this really is such a fun time to be downtown and see all of the holiday displays. We started our Christmas shopping at the Brau Market at DC Brau on Small Business Saturday, which was a lot of fun (but so crowded).  Last weekend we took full advantage of the churros at the Holiday Market outside of the American Art Gallery-- which aren't pictured, but I did snap a picture of the Nutcracker in front of the steps decorated for the Gene Davis exhibit currently on display. We had a hilariously difficult time trying to ice skate at Canal Park.

I usually don't have any reason to venture over to City Center, but have been twice this month. My picture really doesn't do it justice, but the Dream Closet installation is pretty cool- especially at night! The wreaths outside of Union Station are always a sure sign Christmas is on the way.

Thank you so much for everyone's input on my coffee question a few posts back! I tried out a french press and it was kind of a flop. To be fair, I think the press I got was faulty, but that aside, it was kind of a pain trying to clean out the coffee grinds so it wasn't a great every day option for me anyway. Instead of trying out a different french press, Macy's had a great deal on the Nespresso bundle I had my eye on so we took advantage of the sale for an early Christmas gift. I've been loving it so far & plan on doing a full post on it once I've used it a bit longer.

I'm so sad This is Us won't be back until January-- it seems like the first episode just aired. It took me a while to really get into it, but it warms my heart, I love Mandy Moore, and the triplets younger selves really are the cutest. I do wish every episode wasn't so dramatic-- I was a little disappointed in the end of the Thanksgiving episode a few weeks ago, it was so enjoyable and the confrontation could have easily waited until the next episode. I'm happy we have Fixer Upper to fill the Tuesday night TV void though!

I have so many fragments of posts in my drafts right now-- most of them without pictures and it took me forever to come up with a title for this post. I'm hoping I can find my center again when it comes to blogging and what I want to write. I hope you guys all have a great weekend!

15 comments

  1. I love This Is Us too--I joke that I cry every week. I love the dad! Thanks for taking us around with you on your adventures! Have afab weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were at the holiday market last Sunday! It was kind of an accident - I had a free drink ticket for Shake Shack from the race I ran that morning so we ate lunch there and then walked over to the market.
    I like This Is Us but I agree - every episode is so dramatic. It's good but it definitely borders on cheesy and over the top sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forever obsessed with your mug... I just need to get it already! I think our Keurig is on its last leg so I'm looking forward to your nespresso review. Did you watch this week's This is Us? I was so mad at the ending... like you said, we need a break from the drama!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't like french press either; the coffee comes out tasting funny or maybe it's just me? either way, it's a pain to clean and i don't like the taste so regular ol' coffee maker it is for me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was so awesome running in to you last night!! We'll definitely have to get together again! :D

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cant wait to hear about your new coffee set up - I'm always loving to hear about the best coffee finds. (BTW - your mug - YES!!!)
    I cant believe This is Us left us hanging like THATTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. yay for good coffee solutions! i hear you on the french press. i'm always too lazy to clean it out haha. love the mug too! ha. This is Us is just so good but the cliffhanger. good lord. i'm just glad the doc survived. my heart cannot DEAL. ha

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving all the decor around town, especially the nutcracker! LOL at that mug, I need it! And yessss to This is Us, so sad we have to wait several weeks for a new episode! Happy Friday <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that you're out on the town enjoying all the Christmas things! The city looks so pretty this time of year. What did you think of the finale of This is Us this week? I literally was screaming/crying at the TV, lol. Thank goodness we have Fixer Upper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the French Press, but definitely not daily. I don't have the time or the patience.

    Love that help me I'm poor mug. It makes me laugh just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is Us totally got me this week. I think my mouth was just open and I kept saying, but nothing bad happens on Christmas Eve!! So fun you've been taking advantage of all the festivities. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's always fun to explore your own city especially when the Christmas spirit is in the air! I need that coffee mug...so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so happy Fixer Upper is back! And DC looks so festive and Christmas-y right now, love it!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Omg, I love your mug! I'm so behind in This is Us. I think I have like 4 or 5 episodes to watch! Which isn't necessarily a bad thing...

    ReplyDelete
  15. i still haven't watched This is Us - i'm just not in a tv mood lately. i'm sure once we are out of the basement and in a house (and we have 2 tvs so someone can watch football while the other watches tv lol) i'll binge watch it. i love mandy moore!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top