Festive Beauty Favorites

My makeup collection is continually shrinking, so there aren't as many products that I switch with the seasons, but there are a few colors and products that always jump out at me during the holidays in terms of nail and lip color. 

British Green Racer is the most gorgeous forrest green polish with a very slight shimmer that you can't really detect in most lights. I find it to be the perfect color-- without pulling too green, and it's a great alternative for a dark polish if you don't want to go with a black or super dark red/burgundy. My bottle is a few years old, but still goes on like a dream- super smooth & evenly opaque in just two coats. I wasn't able to find this exact polish anywhere online but stylenomics by Essie was the closest dupe I could find, and hopefully this will encourage you not to shy away from green polishes. 

Sarah by Zoya is one of my favorite polishes ever. I'm convinced there isn't a more festive nail polish out there between the cool tones of the red and the sparkle mixed in. Zoya is 5-free, which is awesome and you can now purchase it at Ulta, which makes it a lot easier to purchase. 

Burt's Bees lipsticks were my favorite this year. Russet Red is such a great deep winter color- a brownish red, brick color. I have two other shades from this line and I do find that this one applies a little bit unevenly if I have any dry patches on my lips. 

The Nars velvet matte lip pencil in cruella was the Sephora birthday gift last year and it's such a perfect true red. While I don't branch out into bold lips often, I love that this does a pretty good job staying put once you apply it to help avoid the lipstick all over your face look. On the subject of bright reds, my Bite duo is a couple years old now but I love the quality of these lipsticks and the colors are perfect for this time of the year. Poppy is another perfect bold red with a satin finish, while Scarlett is a deep red with warm undertones. Tannin and liquorice appear to be the closest dupes to the duo since it was limited edition.

What are your favorite products for the holiday season? 

14 comments

  1. Love this! Doing a similar post tomorrow (I think!). I'm really loving Zoya polishes and so happy they're at Ulta now! The quality is great! And I just purchased another Bite Beauty lipstick... can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love sparkly or shimmery makeup, especially eyeliner. My fav is Nars larger than life liner in Rue de Rivoli (a pretty shimmery green).

    ReplyDelete
  3. ah that green polish! what a great roundup. i need to try the burt's bees line too. have heard good things! i should do a post like this - i have been deep into the makeup train lately ha

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love half baked eyeshadow by Urban Decay when I need some shimmer at any time of the year.

    Love the polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the NARS lip pencil in Cruella - I still have the same one from my bday gift, too. I want to try the dark green polish now, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going shopping today & totally looking for that burts bees lipsticks!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That NARS lip pencil is gorgeous! And love love love the Burt's Bees lipsticks. Huge bonus points that they're all natural and moisturizing <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never thought about doing a dark green nail polish, but that would be so perfect for the fall and winter! Even better if it has some sparkle! I love a red lip during the holidays, and Cruella really was perfect for the Sephora birthday gift last year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are all gorgeous! I have a hard time wearing green polishes that are flattering but that Butter London one is beautiful!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your makeup collection is shrinking and mine is growing haha!
    Love those colors! Definitely festive.

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of those I've featured in gift sets recently, so this beauty guru approves of your faves! ;) Gimme a red lipstick and I'm happy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have started to wear more makeup and have wondered if I needed a lip pencil. I love Nars though! I use it for my foundation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never tried either of those lipstick brands. I always use cruelty free produces, so it's kind of weird that I haven't checked out the Burt's Bees one! I love that dark red color, though, so I'm going to have to!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really loved Cruella, too. Those NARS pencils are really great, I think. I wish I could get into the BB lipstick, but they just look terrible on my lips for some reason.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top