Currently | November

Happy end of November! Thanksgiving is behind us and just like that, we're less than a month away from Christmas. I thought I'd get in one last November post to share what I've been up to lately using the What's Happening Wednesday format (that I thought was this week-- whoops!). I'm also linking up with Kristen & Gretchen for What's New With you.

What I'm eating: After Thanksgiving I haven't felt like stepping foot in the kitchen, but my brother sent our Christmas gift early and I'm so excited to make a few recipes from the Skinnytaste Fast & Slow cookbook.

What I'm reminiscing about: I have season 1 of The OC on DVD, but I haven't watched it in years. Earlier this week I came across a random channel and it was playing the first episode so I thought I'd watch it for a minute or two... but I got sucked in and ended up watching the first two episodes and now I think I might fire up the old DVD player to watch the rest of it because it gave me so much nostalgia!

What I'm working on: In blogland, I'm working on finishing up the last changes to my newish design. I've been putting off updating my labels and figuring out what categories I want to focus on, but I'm really happy with how everything has turned out so far.

What I'm excited about: So many things-- my parents are coming to visit for Christmas and I'm more excited than I can express!

What I'm watching: I didn't think it was possible, but I think I overdid it on the Hallmark movies. Aside from a couple favorites they all kind of blend together with the same story lines and very little diversity, so I'm more than ready for all of the Christmas classics. I'm also looking forward to the new season of Top Chef & Fixer Upper.

What I'm listening to: The Mariah Carey holiday station was really disappointing me, so I went into the holiday stations and came across Hipster Holidays, and it's the best thing ever. Festive and chill all at once.

What I'm doing this weekend: Hopefully making gingerbread loaf & making a big dent in our holiday shopping.

What I'm looking forward to next month: I'm going to go with the obvious answer for this one and say Christmas!

What else is new: Our Christmas tree has so much character this year and I'm loving it. I've grown to appreciate getting a real tree more and more every year, but I'm pretty content just getting the first tree we see that looks like the right height. This year our tree has some super long branches sticking out in random places, and some branches missing in other places.

What have you been up to lately?

25 comments

  1. i would LOVE a real tree (smells so amazing) but I'm terrified of it burning down the house! i know that you can do so much to prevent that (ie. keeping it watered) but the thought just scares me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a gingerbread loaf sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. loving the new design ! it's so cute and clean. and i hear you on not wanting to be in the kitchen after thanksgiving! the OC is SUCH a good show. i'm thinking about getting my sex and the city or 90210 DVDs out now!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I frequently binge watch 90210 and Laguna Beach. Those were the days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hipster Holiday - that's just a cool category of music anyways ;)
    I'm sure you are counting down till your parents get there. How fun!!!
    I love the Hallmark movies - I just cant handle all the commercials. SO MANY COMMERCIALS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girl, I need to be eating all the things off the Skinnytaste cookbook. I ate SO bad during Thanksgiving! And you just made me want to rewatch The OC, so good! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am loving the new Skinnytaste cookbook! Make sure you try the Chicken Burrito Bowls - Ryan and I are practically obsessed. I haven't given in the Hallmark movies yet, so I'll probably just stick to the classics throughout the next few weeks. Glad you're enjoying the holiday season so far!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have all the seasons of The OC, and for some reason I've been thinking about it CONSTANTLY lately! Too bad I'm way behind on all the shows I watch... Kind of tempted to just watch the Chrismukkah episodes now and then go back and watch the whole series later. Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahhhh The OC! One of my absolute favorite shows ever! I like to call it Seth Cohen Comedy Hour :-D
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to check out Hipster Holidays! Just started listening to Christmas music today. My favorites are Michel Buble, She & Him, and Rend Collective.
    We keep talking about getting a real tree and then being lazy and using the same old hand-me-down fake tree. Next year it's happening, I mean it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. He might kill me for saying this, but my husband loooves the Mariah Carey station, so we've been listening to a lot of that, too. I absolutely love your design - so clean and pretty!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  12. Skinnytaste has the best recipes!! I never watched the OC but maybe I need to go back and watch it from the beginning. I enjoyed watching One Tree Hill over the summer. I have never had a real tree, we had fake growing up and that is what I have now too....but I think a real tree would be so festive and smell amazing!!! I totally need to finish our Christmas shopping. I meant to be done by now but there are a few people that are giving me trouble to think of something perfect for this year. I will have to check out that Christmas station, I love Christmas music and movies!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't had a real tree in years—my apartments have all been too small—but the corner store on David's street has Christmas trees for sale so every time I walk through them I just inhale as deeply as I can. LOVE that smell :)

    All of The O.C. is on Hulu, and I kinda want to start it...but I'm also certain that I'll completely lose all semblance of productivity once I do so I'm hesitant to start!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We've only done a few recipes from the new skinnytaste cookbook but I'm loving it so far too! I'm hoping to make a lot of soups and stews now that it's finally getting cooler! I think that I'm the exact opposite of you with Christmas movies. We still haven't watched any, but hopefully we'll have a marathon soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really love all the changes you've made so far! I hope you'll share your christmas decor - it sounds like it's really done up! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the new Skinnytaste cookbook! If you like fish, the fish and chips recipe was super good! We also loved the peach & strawberry cobbler slow cooker one.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh my gosh, i used to LOVE the OC. i really don't think i could handle the nostalgia if i watched it now haha. oh i love your labels - i used to have so many and i cut them down and now i feel like i still have too many haha but i can't be bothered going through old posts.... eh. yay for your parents visiting! how exciting! i love a good hallmark movie but i definitely mix them up and don't watch them back to back for that reason. they all blend in together! i have never had a real tree... i am not sure if i would want one with 3 cats lol

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was just going to say, I love the new look! Then I kept reading...;)
    I so miss having a real tree! I don't think we could squeeze even a small one in here but surely there has to be some kind of super mini tree right? We didn't go home for Thanksgiving so we weren't able to get all of our decorations that we keep in our parents' attics, and it definitely doesn't feel like Christmas without it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How exciting! I haven't heard of the Skinnytaste book but I keep promising myself I will start cooking more at home. Hopefully in the new year. :D

    Christmas Christmas Christmas !! :D I am excited too !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ah, the OC. I never really watched a lot of it but it still takes me back! I love a good nostalgia watch. I've totally gone off cooking recently too, and I don't even have the excuse of Thanksgiving! Perhaps I'll crack out a recipe book and try and get inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I've watched about 4 Hallmark Christmas movies so far and I have to say that they are so bad they're great. I'm not sure how many would make me feel like I've overdosed, though. I love that I can watch them while baking or shopping online because you don't need to put much effort. Elf and The Grinch (the classic one) are still my favorite Christmas movies though. And that's so exciting that your parents are coming for Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I wish we had the Hallmark Channel!! Instead we get Home Alone on repeat for 24 days haha! Great movie, but I want the Hallmark Channel. Although there is one network that does have lots of cheesy (but good) movies. I think once our kids are older, I want to cut down our own Christmas tree. I love the ease and "perfectness" of a fake tree, but I miss the smell of a real one, plus we always had a real one growing up and it was always so exciting to pick it out!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your tree sounds awesome! We gave up getting a real tree; we're always out of town and our trees kept dying. So we caved and got an artificial one last year. I do miss going and cutting a tree down though.
    And what is it about Thanksgiving that makes us not want to cook anymore? Both Kellen & I are like, "Takeout?" like 3 nights a week, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I agree! I'm excited about all things Christmas and my parents are coming to visit us as well so I'm looking forward to hosting the family and creating new traditions!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top