Merry October III

card; nail polish
What in the world. It's already October, and I know I've been saying that basically every single month since February, but I'm not sure how I'm feeling about 2016 being the fastest year ever. This is my third October in blogland (20142015), and I always have a post with this title, inspired by Rainbow Rowell's book Attachments. It's no secret I'm a sucker for a good seasonal tag post, so I decided to kick off October with the autumn tag. I'm linking up with Kristen & Joey.

1. What signifies the start of fall for you? I think the beginning of September is almost always the unofficial start of fall for me. The older I get the more I realize that seasons are more of a state of mind than a date on the calendar. Does it really feel like a traditional fall day on September 1st if the heat index is still in the triple digits? Probably not, but if it makes you happy to pull out all the fall things, who cares?

2. What is your favorite fall scent? I don't have a specific fall personal fragrance so I'll go with candle scent which is easily sweater weather-- though I've been burning autumn recently and really loving it. I'm also considering trying out a simmer pot of some sort!

3. What is your favorite autumn color? Anything in the burgundy, dark red, oxblood category. Jewel tones suit my coloring better than pastels, so I really love how prominent they are in fashion this time of the year.

4. What is your favorite fall drink? I love hot cider- add caramel and whipped cream and it's even better! I have to admit, I've had one (or three) salted caramel mochas so far this year and I'm kind of obsessed, though I don't even want to think about the insane amount of sugar in them.

5. What TV show are you looking forward to this fall? I'm not really big into any shows that premiere in the fall, but I do enjoy Superstore for something silly and light.

6. What is your favorite fall fashion trend? Over-the-knee boots with an oversized sweater. Two things that are still currently missing from my closet.

7. What is your favorite fall activity? I touched a little bit on this in my fall plans post, but I look forward to going to the apple orchard every year.

8. What is your favorite fall makeup look? There's something about fall that makes me want to bring out all of the matte shadows again, which is a good thing because my Naked Basics palette hasn't had much use lately-- and according to my first impressions post, I picked it up two years ago in October.


25 comments

  1. it's my FAVE month of the yearrrrrr! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leaves from BABW is by far my favorite Fall scent. It can be kind of overpowering though, haha! I need to get some brown fall boots asap.
    Danielle @ afloat on a full sea

    ReplyDelete
  3. apple orchard and pumpkin patches are my fav things to do during the fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely co-signing your favorite autumn colors - so pretty! So many great fall scents at Bath and Body Works and Yankee Candle. I stocked up on one too many this year <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  5. yum to hot cider and def oxblood! autumn colors are my favorite.

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. The beginning of October = the start of fall for me, September still sort of feels like summer but once October hits it's fall. I don't like pumpkin spice lattes but I love those Salted Caramel mochas. Technically I haven't even had a real one yet this year though, I don't hit up Starbucks often and the first time I went they were waiting on supplies and then the second time it was a pretty hot day and I was headed to a BBQ so I opted for an iced SCM, which was tasty but totally the same.

    P.S. Visiting from Stuff & Things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My house is always full of 'fall scents' - give me all cinnamon & apple pie smells!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The weather has been perfect this week for the beginning of October! I love apple cider! I want to try Starbucks' new chile mocha too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seasons are 100% a state of mind when you live in an area where the high is 87 degrees in October still. Woof! I just bought Flannel for my car and Marshmallow Fireside for the house this past week. I do enjoy sweater weather too! Bring on jeweled tones and apple cider for me too! Have you seen the new UD basics palette they came out with!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Yankee fall candles are my favorite!

    I used to have a pair of oxblood loafers. They were amazing and I wore them into the ground. I still lament their loss.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i totally agree about seasons being a state of mind. for me, summer is june-august, and every other month of the year is some version of winter. HAHA. lol. i am with you about burgundy type colours, that is definitely my favourite thing about this time of year. i'm not a fan of pastels.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I do love Autumn colours, they are by far my favourites of all the seasonal colours. I usually where Autumn colours all year round because I like them so much.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been loving over the knee boots, too, even if they aren't in and probably won't end up in my closet anytime soon. Just such a great look!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally agree about the seasons being a state of mind. It just seems so WRONG to me to think winter doesn't start until December 22nd or whatever. Like, really? ALL of December is winter. Fall is the best because there is burgundy EVERYWHERE. Also rust and olive green. Basically I can find colors that I'll actually wear. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Merry October! Attachments is my favorite RR book, So cute. :-)
    I really like the "Leaves" scent candle from Bath & Body Works but I'll have to try "Sweater Weather" next!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ooh, I love this and may have to pick up the torch. I totally agree on starting the season of fall in my mind in September—though I do wait until the official first day to pull out the decor and candles. I’ve been burning plenty of Autumn and Sweater Weather around here already. I’m a big cider and all things red fan, too!
    I have to implore you to check out This is Us. I cancelled cable a few years ago but am loving on it thanks to David’s Hulu account. If you watched Parenthood or anything like it, I think this is a must. So good and only two episodes in!
    My closet is desperately needing a pair of flat boots. I had to toss my riding boots before last season and never got around to replacing them yet. Hoping for a good sale in the next few weeks to find me a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the color of your nail polish! I see a running trend with almost everyone being a huge fan of October and I agree candle scents are what I associated with October and Fall...still haven't got around to trying sweater weather though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sweater weather is my absolute favorite, though I do burn it throughout the year. I can't wait for Houston to get the memo so I can break out my boots and scarves, but at least with the calendar saying it's fall, I can get by with jewel tones. I bought some cranberry pants the other day and I'm super excited to wear them!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beginning of September always feels like fall to me too, even if the weather says otherwise. I absolutely love this time of year. I love the clothes, the colours, the warm drinks, you name it! I don't love that our forecast is calling for snow this weekend though! BOO!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm really digging burgundy this year as well! I may wear that color for our family photos in a few weeks.
    I love the cool temps we're having up here too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes to jewel tones. I do not look good in pastels.

    I feel like the boot and oversized sweaters can't really be properly worn til December. So disappointing, right?

    ReplyDelete
  22. When we were in Door County, I had a spiked apple cider and it was so delicious! You could hardly taste the alcohol, so it just refueled my love for hot cider. Yes to all the matte eyeshadows this time of year, and I hope you get a pair of OTK boots soon!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I LOVE Superstore! Such a funny show! I'm a huge fan of fall colors for clothing as well. I cannot pull off bright or pastel colors at all. There is also something about the jewel tones that feels rich and luxurious to me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love jewel tones for autumn as well and I'm so happy it's appropriate to wear those colors again! And I'm a big fan of the salted caramel mochas at Starbucks too! I'm sort of over PSLs though haha!

    xo Deborah
    <a href="http://www.coffeeproseprettyclothes.com/“>Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes</a>

    ReplyDelete
  25. I can't believe that 2016 is already almost over either! It's just gone by so fast, which is so insane! I totally agree with you, burgundy is my favorite color for fall too, but that's probably because it's my school color too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top