Slow Cooker Meals to Add to Your Dinner Rotation

Even though we use our slow cooker year round, I get excited when fall hits and I can bring back a few of my favorite recipes. Most of these fall into the comfort food category with creamy soups, but they're a few of our go-to fall/winter recipes. When it comes to using our slow cooker, I want something that's going to be super easy to prepare and have minimal prep and ingredients. The ease is the whole allure of using a slow cooker after all.

Corn Chowder Taste & Tell Blog
This might be my favorite slow cooker recipe ever-- something about the flavors is so good. I follow this recipe almost exactly- only using frozen diced potatoes because it's so much faster than peeling and dicing your own.

Super Easy Pot Roast Cooking Classy
There are a lot of pot roast recipes out there, but this one is usually our go-to because it's so easy. Depending on what you keep stocked in your pantry you only need the roast, beef broth, and worcestershire sauce. You can even use baby carrots, so you don't have to deal with any prep peeling or cutting vegetables.

Creamy Chicken Soup A Touch of Grace
This soup is basically chicken potpie without the crust-- it's the perfect comfort food, and you really could add in any veggies you like. I've followed Tiffany's recipe exactly just subbing cream of chicken for cream of celery.

Baked Potato Soup Mostly Homemade Mom
Not the healthiest option, but always so satisfying! I follow the recipe pretty closely, but always used diced potatoes instead of shredded. Cream of celery or mushroom instead of cream of chicken, and about half a yellow onion (not onion powder).

What are your favorite recipes for the slow cooker? Do you have any favorite recipes for fall?

21 comments

  1. I still haven't tried baked potato soup in the crock pot - so good though!! I love making a meatloaf or lasagna in the crock pot - so tasty! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my crockpot. I usually make chicken chipotle stew in there. It's kind of a soup- chili hybrid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just shared a link on some more SC recipes on my blog's facebook page, so I am Allll into this post! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely saving this for later - I just busted my slow cooker out for the first time last night, and I'm so excited that it's that season again.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am SO on the soup train with my brain in fall mode even if it's still 100 degrees here haha. but seriously these look so yum. need to try that baked potato!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. All hail the mighty crockpot, my absolute favorite kitchen appliance! And Katie's baked potato soup is one of my all time favs <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. The crockpot is my fave year round!! Thanks for the suggestions! Now that it's fall, I'll start using mine almost every day so I'm always looking for more recipes to try!
    Kelsey
    www.thepeacockroost.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am not the hugest crockpot meal fan. I do like salsa chicken in there, and a lot of soups, especially taco soup!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excuse me while I go pin all four of these. I have a ton of crock pot recipes and I have a few other soup recipes similar to these but I am always looking to try new things. My crock pot gets used A LOT. In fact, I think I need to replace the one we have. It's getting very "used" looking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm thank you for these! I'm always looking for new, but tried and true crock pot recipes! The creamy chicken soup sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh yes to baked potato soup! That'll be a perfect autumn meal! :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great! I'm so excited to start using my slow cooker again!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for some of my slow cooker meals! I am trying to use it more year round, but when the weather is cooler, you just need something more hearty and warm. I definitely need to try that corn chowder!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love crockpot recipes so thanks for sharing these! i love making butternut squash soup in mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so excited to eat allll the soup (and other crockpot meals)! We love that in the fall/winter. Except Michael just expanded from being gluten free and added dairy free...so less creamy soups for us. :( Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have yet to do baked potato soup, so that is a must this Fall. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh man! Corn chowder or potato soup with some crusty bread... mmmmmmmmmmmm! I love lasagna in the crock pot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Slow cooker meals are a saving grace sometimes! It's been a couple months since I've made a crockpot meal but that pot roast sounds like my next recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Loaded potato soup?!! Yes, please! These all look absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  20. The fall season definitely makes me want to use our slow cooker more!!! I will definitely keep these recipes in mind, especially the creamy chicken soup because I love chicken pot pie!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  21. definitely trying katie's potato recipe. i love my crockpot, but KC isn't a big stew/soup fan, and there is only so much you can make in it, you know? but i pinned this!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top