Friday Favorites | All Things Beauty

planner (similar)
Happy Friday! I haven't done a beauty favorites post, or an empties post in a while so I thought I'd highlight a few beauty products I've been loving including a couple of new things and some old favorites with Amanda & Andrea.

Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser | After going through two tubes of this wash for dry/sensitive skin, I switched to the cottonseed version for normal/combo skin. As much as I enjoyed the other formula I wasn't so sure I liked the shea in it- plus my skin is more combo than dry. The first few times I used the new one I didn't think I liked it. I wasn't the craziest about the scent (it smells like soap) and it almost gives you a squeaky clean feeling if that makes any sense, but I've grown to really like it and definitely prefer it to the one with shea.

Becca Spotlight Highlight | I mentioned this last month when I reviewed the full Becca Blush Radiance kit, but after using this more frequently I wanted to mention it again because it gives the prettiest highlight ever. I do also love the powder highlight, but sometimes that can be a little bit much-- this is more subtle, but still has a wow factor.

Dior Addict Fluid Stick | I actually did an entire post on this last year, but pulled it out recently and remembered why I liked it so much. As soon as I put it on I was like this feels so good on the lips-- it's smooth without being sticky or tacky and feels moisturizing with a very slight tingle. It makes my lips actually look semi-shapely and doesn't all over my face (which happens often for me with traditional lipstick).

Maybelinne Fit Me Concealer | This was another product I hadn't used in months and when I put it on I was shocked by how much I liked it. It creases just a tiny bit, but it gives the perfect amount of coverage without being too heavy or difficult to blend in- definitely a drugstore concealer worth trying out if you're looking for something new.

Shea Moisture Coconut Oil | I know you can really get coconut oil anywhere, but I'm a huge fan of this brand. I love using it on any really dry patches on my elbows or ankles, but it's also a great deep conditioner for your hair. I like that you can get it at Target or Ulta in the travel size for $3 or $4 and it still lasts a really long time because you only need a little bit. It's a really great overall deep moisturizer.


It's always the best when you rediscover old favorites! What beauty products have you been loving lately?

22 comments

  1. I need to try the Shea moisture coconut oil! I need some help with dryness! Latey all I've been using has been carmex for the lips! The other day I actually put makeup on and loved the Chanel aqua foundation (not sure of the name and cuddling with baby so don't want to get up haha).. It was so nice to use and cover up mommy spots haha
    Happy Friday! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been stuck on my Naked palette for awhile, but on the weekends use just a chubby stick from Clinique on my eyes - it's so pretty and so convenient just to upcap and rub it on there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try that Becca highlighter! It sounded so amazing when you wrote about the first time and I've loved every other Becca product I've tried! The foam cleanser sounds really awesome too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love discovering old favorites! I need to try this Dior lip product for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooo good roundup. yes to all the coconut oil in all the land. and to the dior fluid stick - a must try for me! on it

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOOOOVE coconut oil. whenever i bake with it and haev left over on the spatula, i smear that all over my face and neck ... can't waste a single drop of this amazing oil!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome round up! I've heard amazing things about that concealer, and I need to try that coconut oil! Happy Friday <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many great things. I so need to try that Becca highlighter, everyone seems to love it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to incorporate coconut oil more in my lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need a new concealer to leave at the shore, maybe I'll check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use the Fit me foundation and I really like it. It seems to be a big hit with bloggers haha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Maybe I'll try that cleanser. I've been using my face wash for a while and now I'm starting to break out a lot with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't think I have tried any of these. I am over trying drugstore foundations, they just don't work for me. I love the Dior color! I have tried another Shea Moisture product and liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Dior lip products! I really love their fluid sticks but I'm not particularly good at applying lipgloss (I either put on too much or too little). I love that concealer as well!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have to try that Shea Moisture Coconut Oil, I'm always looking for a better price point among coconut oil. Have a great weekend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always heard great things about that Clarins cleanser. I need to try that Coconut Oil. I love that you can pick it up at Target!

    Jill
    Doused In Pink

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Dior lipstick sounds so nice! I need to branch out on my lipsticks more.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've seen Becca highlight and it looked really nice! My favourite is still NARS Laguna bronzer, I've repurchased it twice and I haven't tried a better bronzer yet. I think I might get a different one when this one runs out but it's been a great product.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm always looking for new beauty items to try! I haven't heard of most of these, so now I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I use a different cleanser but it also gives me a total "squeaky clean" feeling, and I actually love that about it. Especially since I spend so much time sweating either in yoga class, running, or teaching, I like to really get a good clean feeling and feel like I'm doing everything I can to stop breakouts.
    I've been using Fit Me concealer for a while actually and I really love it. I don't like anything heavy on my face as I'm super prone to dry patches and I have just really gravitated to a more natural makeup look, and it's perfect for coverage but a comfy feel!
    I love the Shea Moisture brand a lot—never had a bad product from them. That's a great idea to just use that one coconut oil jar for all that. I have one I keep in my kitchen that I never remember to use for beauty purposes so this might be a good purchase to make!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Maybelline concealers are def my favorite drugstore concealers across the board. Dream Lumi is my go to!

    ReplyDelete
  22. hmmm i have been looking for a new cleanser, and sometimes i love the squeaky clean feeling and other times i hate it, so we'll see. i love maybelline concealers, my favourite is the spongey age rewind one, but when i am doing a full face and wearing concealer underneath other makeup (i wear the age rewind on its own) i use the fit me ones. they are pretty great for the price!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top