Favorite Fall Fashion

I'm not big into fashion, but fall is a fun time to pack on the layers, bring out all things plaid, and search Pinterest for inspiration (while trying not to get caught up on the fact that regardless of the outfit I won't ever look like whatever person or celebrity is rocking the outfit). I was watching Gossip Girl this time last year and my phone is full of screenshots and grainy photos taken of my ipad of my favorite Blair Waldorf outfits (see below). I would love her entire wardrobe if I had an unlimited budget and plenty of places to go dressed up. What fictional character has a wardrobe that you love?

blair waldorf

While I'm not in the market for any new booties, I am keeping on the hunt for a pair of camel riding boots (my favorite ones that are at least 5 years old have finally bit the dust) and I'd love a pair of over-the-knee boots (inspiration below). I've tried on a couple of pairs but found them to hit me right at my knee, which is kind of weird because I have short legs. I also have shapely calves and find it tricky to find the right pair of regular boots, so I know I'm up for a challenge, but hopefully can find the perfect pair.

L to R: extra petite;  annette haga; amber fillerup
A few other things I'm loving include the wool baseball caps at Nordstrom. I have a felt one from Old Navy I got a few years ago that I love for cooler months, but would love solid black or tan. Forever 21 is definitely hit or miss, but this super affordable hooded utility jacket in burgundy is worth trying. And the belted shirtdress and more casual ribbed long-sleeve t-shirt dress look great for fall. I was really excited when I saw this knit moto jacket came in petite sizes-- and it's another piece in burgundy! Few things are as cozy as an oversized funnel-neck sweater- this one does have alpaca so I'm not sure how it would be on the itchy factor.


Are there any fall fashion trends you're loving this year? Do you have a go-to fall color that takes over your wardrobe once the cooler weather rolls in?

23 comments

  1. I am so ready for fall fashion! I can need find boots for my calves, either. If I get wide calf, they're too big in the ankle! Booties are my go-to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. look at you picking out the cute outfits. i mean who doesn't love blair's outfits. i am more of a serena girl but still - how can we live in those closets right?! and those boots are all adorable. and shapely calves - that's me too and it's a pain in the ass. i have a pair of steve madden ones to the knee and they fit perfect :)

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  3. I seriously love fall fashion! Give me all the oversized sweaters and layers! That gray poncho sweater outfit is amazing! LOVE! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much great inspiration in this post! I'm going crazy looking for inspiration for an outfit for our fall family photos, so some of these photos helped me out color wise. I bet a pair of over the knee boots would look killer on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love fall fashion and cannot wait to start wearing it. I love Blair's outfits! I wish I had her closet, she always looked amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you have the first pic for the boots but I am LOVINGGGGG that grey cover up - not even sure what you would call that... a knit poncho? I WANT THOUGH!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all of these looks you shared!!! I am always in awe of the way certain characters dress on tv shows! I love some of the PLL girls, especially their hair and make up looks too. Those three sweater pictures look so cozy. I have the hardest time with boots as well because of my muscular calves. Most will not zip over them. Do most people have chicken legs or something? I just dont get it?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good military style jacket! And I'm looking for a cool moto jacket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blair and Serena's closets and shopping sprees are what dreams are made of <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute picks! I love oversized sweaters this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. while I'm hanging on to summer for as long as possible, i'm also looking fwd to long boots, leggings and cozy sweaters :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm with Nadine, I love some of the PLL outfits/pieces. A lot of the time the outfit as a whole is over the top for me (especially in the seasons when they were in high school) but I'll see things on all of them that I love. I am super into burgundy--that moto jacket is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think that I'd probably steal Spencer Hasting's wardrobe from PLL if I could! She always such cute preppy clothes! And I feel you on not being able to find boots sometimes! Why do they make boots so skinny sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yaaaassss to over the knee boots! I got a great pair at Target last year... have you looked there yet????

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blair's outfits...and Serena's too please :) I love all the darker rich colors that Fall brings...I really love that tie up dress!! So cute! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH my gosh...I went into forever 21 with a friend the other day and every single item in there looked like it came straight off the set of clueless and every part of me was like OMG YAYYYY!!! I'm so into blair's wardrobe, too! I'm definitely a much better dresser in the fall/winter months than I am in the summer. I'm all about just surviving in the summer with as little on as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have that wool baseball hat in gray in my cart right now. Just waiting to pull the trigger.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I, too, have shapely calves and have a hard time finding boots that fit. I have resorted to buying them from Zappos b/c they carry wide and extra wide shaft boots. Good luck in your quest!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't wait to buy some new boots and sweaters for this season!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I adore Blair's wardrobe.
    I just ordered a pair of brown combat boots. Hopping on the trend a year late (or maybe two years late?).

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm always so tempted by fall fashion because it really is just the best, but I have to be realistic about two things: One, I work from home and so rarely wear non-spandex clothes out, and two, I HATE unworn clothes hanging in my closet. I am BRUTAL with tossing wardrobe items and keeping only what I really love. So this year I'm only allowing myself one flannel (already bought), one pair of black pixie pants (I cannot stand wearing jeans), a chambray top, a new pair of Chucks (to replace my pair that bit the dust) and riding boots to replace the pair I had to finally part with last year. And that's it! Hopefully inspiration doesn't strike while I'm out picking up any of these, hah!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I cannot wait for the weather to finally cool down so I can start wearing sweaters and jeans without sweating up a storm. I tend to wear a lot of monochrome stuff in the fall and winter. But I'm excited to get my booties and scarfs out too, I've missed wearing them. I want to get another scarf for the fall, something neutral that I can wear with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh blair waldorf always looks so fancy, but i do not lead the life that would require such a wardrobe, lol like you said. if i did, i'd love to wear all those clothes! i am not a fan of over the knee boots on myself, that's weird that they hit you at the knee though. i have 'shapely' calves too, i feel you. i've kinda given up on normal boots, to be honest. my hunters are way more comfy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top