Currently | September 16

I always read Emily's posts for this linkup and I love Shay's blog so I thought I'd participate in my first what's up wednesday linkup today. I took out a few of the questions because my answers were repetitive, but thought this was a fun version of a currently post. 

What I'm eating this week: I made the first batch of chili for the season and think I finally found a recipe that I love. I'm kind of picky and prefer for it to be more on the soupy side with not very much meat. I used this recipe as a base and adjusted it quite a bit and it was a huge success! Special thanks to my mom for giving me the idea to add fritos! 




What I'm reminiscing about: Our trip to New York last week. 

What I'm dreading: The rainy weather that's supposed to stick around all week. We really hadn't had much rain, so I shouldn't complain, but timing wise it could put a damper on a few things. 

What I'm working on: Creating a new workout routine, finishing up some CEUs, and searching for some easy & healthy dinner ideas to put in a regular rotation. I'm so terrible at eating healthy, send me all and any recipes you like!  

What I'm excited about: The change in seasons-- I touched on it a little bit in my fall goals post, but there's something refreshing about fall and I really do enjoy apple cider, football all day on Sunday, 

What I'm watching: I started watching Hart of Dixie when I was sick a few weeks ago and I was totally hooked. I love Rachel Bilson and totally wish Bluebell were a real place so I could move there and be BFFs with Zoe Hart. It's the perfect fun, cheesy, drama filled show... until season 3 where it took a turn for the worst with way too many ultra annoying new characters. I'm still watching in hopes that it will turn around. 

What I'm listening to: The All the Books podcast-- I love hearing about upcoming releases of new books. What podcasts are your favorite?

What I'm wearing: I'm being slightly dramatic here, but it seems like it went from a million degrees to freezing so I've been wearing my sweats and oversized flannel shirts pretty consistently. It's been rainy all week, so my rainboots have got quite a bit of use as well (I definitely don't need another pair of Hunters, but I really like the new version with an adjustable calf! ps. most comfortable boot ever!

What I'm doing this weekend: Depending on how the weather turns out, we're going to head to the apple orchard because it's likely fall will slip away if we don't make it a priority early on in the season. I'm not sure if I'll get around to painting/carving a pumpkin this year, but how cute is this donut pumpkin

What I'm looking forward to next month: My husband is running his first marathon, which happens to be his second race ever (his first being a 5k), so that's pretty high on the list of exciting things for October. 

What else is new: The Beyond Words Bookclub is reading Homegoing next month and I have just a few people left in front of me on the library hold list so I'm hoping I'll get to read it in time to linkup (October 28th).  


also linking up here & here. 

20 comments

  1. wow! your husband is running his second race which is a marathon?! that's awesome! congrats and good luck to him. i will have to check out that podcast, the only other one i listen to is steph & jana's. i have no healthy recipes, i'm in the same boat as you right now. i really just need to force myself to eat relatively healthy for a week or two, even if i don't really 'enjoy' it, because after a bit it will start to taste good and i'll forget about the junk.. hopefully.
    i really hope you continue to watch hart of dixie and like it as much as i did :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chili is the best, and so perfect for a fall day! It's supposed to rain every day here for the next week or so which I am so not happy about, definitely putting a damper on some fun plans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite podcasts right now are Fat Mascara and The Skinny Confidential! Two guilty pleasure podcasts.
    I know, the rain is a pain. I'm crossing my fingers for an apple orchard this weekend or next.
    My favorite EASY EASY dinner recipe is chicken breast cooked in a pan with white balsamic vinegar, panko bread crumbs, and sweet peppers. Maybe served over brown rice. It's so easy.

    Danielle @ afloat on a full sea

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah i loved hart of dixie too until season 3 then i gave up unfortunately. so i cant tell you if it gets better ha. i would be reliving all the NYC time too! and now you've inspired me to make my famous chili (it's famous to me, ha). even though it's still in the 90s here i will just pretend it's not inside my tiny apartment :)

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  5. i can't wait to start using my crockpot this weekend for some stews and chili recipes! yours looks amazing #nom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OHHHH - Icant wait to hear how his marathon goes!!!!
    Chili...mmmmm... perfect time of year for it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love love love Hart of Dixie and we watched all the seasons. Things get better again. Or maybe I just got used to the characters? I dont know...I just really loved it. I am with you, I like soupy chili and yours looks so good! Good luck to your husband and his marathon! That is so awesome. I get in to a lot of ruts when we are being healthy with recipes. I will find four or five things that work for us and just keep making them along with some salad days in between haha. Though lately my eating has been out the window because I want all the bad things. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I watched Hart of Dixie sometime last year—so cute, such fun and easy watching. Awesome that you're husband's got a marathon coming up! Which one is it? I'm totally the opposite about my chili, and even soup I don't like too brothy unless it's a totally smooth soup—but I can't wait to make my first batch for the year all the same; maybe this weekend!
    I know what you mean too about fall just slipping away. I'm trying to make sure I get all the things I really, REALLY want to do on the calendar now so that the season doesn't just pass us by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best of (early) luck to your hubby in his race! That's so exciting. I've never gotten into podcasts, but I think I might have to check that one out. Always love hearing about upcoming book releases.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I miss Hart of Dixie! She'll always be "Summer Roberts" to me, but I'm so sad this show ended. And YUM to that chili, you just inspired me to make a pot this weekend <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd totally move to Bluebell too. I miss that show.

    I've been thinking about making chili soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My fingers are crossed that the weather holds out so y'all can go apple picking! That sounds like the perfect fall thing to do! And hooray for chili! That's my favorite part about cooler weather, getting to eat all the soups and stews and chilis I want!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck to your hubby! I just started watching Easy on netflix and it's pretty interesting. Your chili looks great! And is perfect for right now because Chicago decided, oh yeah it's fall, and went to highs of 60 this past week! I'm freezing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh, we eat chili pretty often in the cooler months, and I ALWAYS forget Fritos! Thanks for reminding me...I have a huge craving now. I felt like some of the prompts for WUW were repetitive too when I was doing them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That chili looks so good! I made white chicken chili tonight. Good for your hubby for the marathon! Should be fun to see how he does.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm going to have to check out that podcast! There are so many good ones out there! I listen to Young House Love has a Podcast, Chris Loves Julia, Things You Should know and I want to check out NPR's Ask Me Another.
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  17. I feel like I'm on a never ending quest for the best chili recipe. That podcast sounds really good! I love to hear about new books!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ahh I've been meaning to go to an apple orchard myself! I love apples :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  19. Mmm I'm going to have to give that chili recipe a try! It's the one thing my husband makes (and makes well), but he insists on using a can of manwich in his lol (he says it's his "magic" ingredient"). Good luck to your husband and his marathon! I can't believe that's his 2nd race ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So fun you did this post! I love Hart of Dixie, too and got annoyed when they messed with the characters and stories! That chili looks delicious, especially with Frito's added in there!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top