The One About Netflix

netflix, gossip girl, blair, blogger tags,
I thought I'd do a little tag TuesdayWednesday today because who doesn't love Netflix? I saw this post on Megan's blog and thought it was a fun way to talk about some of my Netflix favorites.

What are your favorite series to watch on Netflix?
I'll start with the Netflix originals: Narcos, House of Cards, Orange is the New Black.... we recently watched Stranger Things and watched the entire show in one night- it wasn't anything I expected to like, but both my husband and I loved it-- give it a try if you haven't watched it yet!

Other favorites include Friends, Gossip Girl and Pretty Little Liars.



What are you currently watching on Netflix?
Right now the only show I'm watching is season 6 of Friends.

If you could have one series, old or new, put on Netflix, what would it be?
Definitely Monk! I also wouldn't mind The OC for another teen drama to binge watch. For movies, Bridesmaids & The Proposal. Why are they not on there??

What is your one peeve about Netflix?
I wish there was a way to mark movies or shows as not interested when they show up. It's overwhelming enough if you're just randomly searching for something to watch, so it would be nice to have the option to weed some out right away.

What are your essentials for a perfect night with Netflix?
Go in prepared so you don't waste 2 hours trying to find something to watch- only to end up watching nothing because by the time you've decided you're way too tired. #old #seepetpeeve

Recommend one series or film for someone else?
I mentioned this already in a post from earlier this month but Spotlight was really good & a newer release I would definitely recommend. Sherlock isn't something I watched on Netflix, but it is available and it's one of my favorite shows of all-time.

Name a series on Netflix that you keep meaning to watch but haven't.
Madmen has been sitting on my watch list forever, but it's one we just haven't ever started. Maybe at some point this winter.

What are some of your favorite shows/movies on Netflix? Are there any that you'd like them to add?

22 comments

  1. ah i love this little questionnaire! so fun. netflix is a black hole for me haha. i need to start a new show and i think it may be narcos from the rec's i've gotten. stranger things was surprisingly fun and i'm glad i watched. you can't go wrong with friends! oh give me all the shows and movies haha

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay glad you liked stranger things! we watched the whole thing in one day too and didn't expect to like it.
    omg yes to the OC. i used to be obsessed with that show. i want more jane austen or disney movies haha. they are my go to around the house movies, and i own them all on dvd but it would be nice to hop on netflix and just pop them on.
    and yes to not interested! i also hate how it will have something in 'continue watching' when you finished it or whatever. drives me bonkers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I was so close to starting Stranger things last week, but then we decided against it...going to give it another try!! I love HOC and Bloodline - their original series stuff is so good! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am the worst with Netflix. I've had it for years and haven't even been on there in probably a year or two. I really need to check out some of the shows! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. i would definitely get netflix if i didn't get my tv services for free (i work at a huge TV-services company) but there are some things that netflix has (daredevil, marco polo etc) that i wish i could get!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was so fun! We are Netflix junkies over here - I always love discovering new things to watch on there, especially documentaries. We still have yet to watch Stranger Things since we're finishing another show, but that's next on our list. And, yes to Mad Men! One of my very favorite shows.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay Netflix!!! I totally wish you could hide some shows like you were saying. That is genius!!! I love House of Cards and we have been keeping up with PLL and rewatching Friends for like the 10th time. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally wish you could mark not interested on Netflix! We actually dropped cable and now only use Netflix and HBO go. I really need a new show to watch. i started watching Penny Dreadful but it's just so wordy and slow at times I get bored.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so slacking in Netflix world. I'm still trying to get through Season 1 of Gilmore Girls & never made it through Making a Murderer

    ReplyDelete
  10. We're right in the middle of Friends too, and I really want to watch Mad Men as well! I think that Downton Abbey might be on there too, so I might need to watch that soon too. Sometimes it really can get overwhelming with everything that's out there, but Netflix is just so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm watching like three series on Netflix right now and already planning what to watch when we're done with one of them... Ha! It's a problem. This was fun though, I might have to do something like this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd recommend madmen but be sure to give it several episodes before making a decision!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL at Ross' teeth... he always got into the worst predicaments! Leather pants anyone? A big huge YES to OITNB and House of Cards, both are super addicting and binge worthy! And even though I have all 4 seasons of The O.C. on dvd, I'd love to see it on Netflix. We all need to revisit some Seth Cohen Comedy Hour :-D
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hear good things about Mad Men but there are so many seasons I don't think I can do it. I definitely prepare ahead before picking out a movie by watching the trailer. You definitely can't trust the star ratings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love House of Cards and Friends!! Good picks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Currently watching One Tree Hill for the first time (and just finished Grey's from start to finish..again) and wanting to watch Stranger Things, but will wait for Dustin to watch it with me.

    xo, Chelsie @ Hey There, Chelsie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad I'm not the only one who looks for hours and is then too tired to watch anything! Love the idea of being able to weed some out--that needs to exist!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just decided the other day that I want to start watching Narcos, so that'll be my next binge. I haven't tried Stranger Things but I have a feeling I'll be way too chicken to watch it, based on the small bits I've heard about it.

    I wish The OC was on Netflix! It is on Hulu though which thankfully I have access to now thanks to the guy. Totally agree on Bridesmaids and The Proposal! And also totally agree that I wish Netflix had a "not interested/NEVER SHOW ME THIS AGAIN NETFLIX I'M LITERALLY NEVER GOING TO WATCH IT" function.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love how this tag was dedicated to Netflix, and they should totally put The Proposal on Netflix!!
    xo, Syd
    anchoredinthesouth.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stranger Things was soooo good! We watched it in a couple days and I can't wait for season 2 :)
    Mad Men is good, I started watching ages ago, but haven't seen that last couple seasons. It sucks you in. Have you ever watched Lost or Prison Break? Those are so good and I didn't watch them until they were on Netflix! xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. HOC and OINTB are definitely my favorites as well. They are both so good!

    ReplyDelete
  22. yes to marking shows/movies as uninterested! and yes to going in with a plan. I can't tell you how many times my husband and I have ended up watching one episode of a show instead of a movie like originally planned because we wasted too much time trying to pick, lol! My one wish would be for Canada to have the same shows as the US!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top