7 Upcoming Book Releases for Fall

Today I'm sharing a few book releases I'm looking forward to in the next couple of months! Kasi does monthly videos on exciting releases over on her booktube channel and I always love finding out about any up and coming books. It's a great time to queue up your Netgalley or Goodreads or maybe even pre-order one or two. I always feel like I'm cheating a bit on summer by talking about fall in mid-August, but fall unofficially starts soon and this year I'm kind of looking forward to it after the record-breaking heat this summer.

Today Will Be Different | Semple also wrote Where'd You Go Bernadette? which was just three-stars for me, but I love the premise of this story. Goodreads describes it as a hilarious, heart-filled story about reinvention, sisterhood, and how sometimes it takes facing up to our former selves to truly begin living. release date: october 4

Commonwealth | I'm not sure why I haven't read anything by Ann Patchett yet, but this book had amazing pre-release reviews. Goodreads says, told with equal measures of humor and heartbreak, Commonwealth is a meditation on inspiration, interpretation, and the ownership of stories. release date: september 13

Leave Me | Gayle Forman is another author I've never read, she's well known for her young adult books. Leave Me is her debut adult novel about a woman who walks out on her current life and sees herself from a different perspective. release date: september 6

The Boy is Back | I'm not sure if I'm all the way caught up with this Meg Cabot series, but these books remind me of the Shopaholic books in the sense that they're light, easy reads-- which is sometimes just the thing you need in a world full of heaviness. release date: october 8

The Magnolia Story | Admittedly I'm usually not big into celebrity books, but who doesn't love Chip and Joanna? I've gone back to swearing off audiobooks again, but I'm definitely intrugied to get this one in audio format knowing they recorded it themselves. This would be the perfect gift for any Fixer Upper fan. release date: october 18

Skinnytaste Fast & Slow | This cookbook is what my dreams are made of! Gina shares 140 new recipes that are quick and easy to whip up or throw in the crockpot. release date: october 11

Grace Not Perfection | Emily Ley is known for creating the Simplified Planner- which I've never used- but I've always been an admirer of her for her outlook. I'm really intrigued to see what this book will be like, it's described as being designed with Ley's signature aesthetic to give women tangible ways to simplify their lives to give space to what matters most. release date: october 11

Are any of these books on your radar too? What book releases are you looking forward to over the next couple of months?

21 comments

  1. The magnolia story would be a great one to listen to, I just love chip's voice - he's so funny!! Today will be different sounds really good too! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. the skinnytaste one! i love her recipes and i stalk her blog for ideas on the regular!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cannot wait for the new Skinnytaste book! SO many great recipes and love crockpot recipes for the fall! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had no idea a new skinnytaste book was coming! Definitely going to preorder that one. I've had Magnolia Story on preorder since like March, lol. This was a great post, can't wait to read some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the new Skinnytaste and as a Fixer Upper fan I need to The Magnolia Story too. They're just the best <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so excited for Emily Ley's book- I just love her!

    ReplyDelete
  7. bernadette was a 3 star for me as well, i am intrigued by her new one. i have only read 3 of gayle forman's YA books, loved one, so-so on the other two, but I am interested in leave me (which of course netgalley declined me, rude).

    ReplyDelete
  8. None are on my radar, in fact the only two that are are Bruce Springsteen's book and the newest Tana French novel!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Adding Today Will be Different and The Magnolia Story to my list!!! Totally going to do The Magnolia Story on audiobook. That is the only way I truly enjoy nonfiction like that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ann Patchett is one of my favorite authors but I didn't know she had a new book coming out - Very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You just made my day. Where'd you go Bernadette was one of my favs so I'm excited for the authors new book

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had no idea Emily Ley was coming out with a door, so good to know. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't wait for the new Skinnytaste cookbook! My husband and I are so obsessed with all of her recipes, and can't wait for one that's exclusively crockpot recipes! Leave Me sounds really interesting, and I'm so obsessed with Chip and Joanna that I'll probably pick up their book too. I can't say no to Meg Cabot either! There's going to be some good books coming soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahh I'm so looking forward to Grace Not Perfection! I love Emily Ley as well!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is actually coming out at the end of this month, but Behold the Dreamers was a highly anticipated debut for me, and it was great!! I recommend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Im so looking forward to some of these - Commonwealth and the new skinnytaste cookbook for sure but keeping the others in mind too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I so appreciate how into books you are--and totally rely on you for all your knowledge!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is a great list Carly! I cannot wait to read/listen to The Magnolia Story! Chip and Joanna are our favorites. You always have the best recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't think I knew about any of these, so thanks for this post! You know I'm totally going to look into The Magnolia Story, Chip + Joanna FOREVER!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ohh I want to read Today Will be Different and Leave Me! I didn't read If I Stay or any of those, but those were YA, right? And this one's adult? The movie version of If I Stay was good so I'm thinking I'll like this one!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top