currently// summer edition

I hope everyone had a great Fourth of July celebration. I really feel like there's nothing quite like the Fourth to make you feel like summer is in full swing. I'm linking up with Kristen & Gretchen for their monthly linkup to share another currently post.



writing | my guest post for evelina's blog on my summer beauty staples-- I would love if you stopped by her blog & checked it out, she's one of my favorite bloggers!

planning | a day trip to Delaware to visit Nemours Mansion & Gardens. After we toured the Anderson House a few weeks ago I have architecture and history on my mind more than ever and want to be intentional about making time to see beautiful estates that our somewhat in our area.

wearing | I got the bumble & bumble invisible oil primer in a 500-point perk from Sephora and never really used it because I don't often use heat on my hair and if I do I use another product. I recently noticed that this is also a UV protectant so I've been using it even when I air-dry my hair to help protect it from the sun and it's just a really good all around multitasking hair product.

watching | I've also been slightly obsessed with this retro game show channel I discovered. The trivia is fun/interesting but I love seeing the makeup, hair, and fashion. It's a fun way to feel like you've traveled back in time just a little bit. Card Sharks & The Match Game are my two favorites!

listening | I've been listening to the call your girlfriends podcast after Kasi mentioned it and it's really interesting. I've only listened to a couple of the episodes so far and I often don't agree with everything, but it's still really thought-provoking & I like that the episodes are short.

playing | dutch blitz! Friends introduced us to this game a few years ago and we recently picked up our own copy of the game. It's a great game for two players (or up to four without expansion packs), and is a really fun fast paced card game.

reading | I'm still kind of in a rut when it comes to reading, but I'm slowly checking things off for the semi-charmed summer book challenge, while trying to stay on top of my library books at the same time. I'm also really excited to read Alyssa's book, Things I Would Say, a collection of essays.

What have you been up to lately?

For more Carly Blogs Here follow me on 
Twitter & Pinterest or click the buttons below to share this post. 

31 comments

  1. That ice creams look deeeeeelicious! I have never been to Delaware, have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in a reading rut but that was mostly due to work. Then I picked up The Cartel and that lit me on fire and I've been reading non-stop ever since. Hope you find a book you like soon (I can give you some great recos that I've recently finished if you like) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love visiting big houses and seeing all of that luxury! I think that's a great plan to try and see as much of that as possible! And way to go for keeping up with library books and the SCSBC! I didn't think that I would have time for that challenge this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alyssa's book was great!

    Off to google Dutch Blitz

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH MY GOSHHHHHHHHHHHH - I found we got the Game Show Network back on our cable!!! My weekend was made watching all the old shows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i read alyssa's book last night and really loved it! i hope you do too. that ice cream picture looks amazing, and the salad i am eating looks less amazing, thanks for that ;) i love game shows in all shapes and forms haha i could waste hours watching other people play things. what channel is it? i probably don't have it, but still. i'll have to check out dutch blitz, i feel like all the games we own are not good for just the 2 of us, which is fine most of the time but sometimes i want to play just the 2 of us. anyway! thanks for linking up with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait for you summer beauty staples post! Jealous that you can day trips up there. You could travel for almost a whole day here and still not be out of Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahhh I LOVE Dutch Blitz. My husband gave it to me for Christmas and we now play it all the time, either just the two of us, or when we have company. A friend of mine told me her family has a life sized deck that they play with in a field! I see that being a mix being a total mess and a lot of work haha.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're always taking such fun and artsy adventures, I love following them on Insta and your blog.
    I looove game shows, and when I was younger my TV was pretty much always fixed on GSN. I don't have cable anymore so I don't get to watch, but I absolutely loved those two shows as well. Plus old Family Feud and Pyramid. Too much fun!
    Thanks so much for linking to and having my book on your list. I hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My family and I love playing blitz...not sure if it is different than dutch blitz? Card games are so fun, though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That trip sounds like it will be fun, especially after your visit to Anderson House! I love that you can visit so many places where you live.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The invisible oil primer for your hair sounds so interesting. Def something I'll be checking out. :)

    Have a great trip ! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Can't wait to read your guest post! And that podcast sounds really interesting - I'm always looking for new ones to listen to while i'm at work! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The bumble & bumble invisible oil primer sounds like something I need since I blow dry my hair after every wash and I live in Florida..enough said! LOL I would have never thought to put UV protectant on anything but my skin but this could be a great thing for my hair.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I loved all of your beach and ice cream photos, looked like you had a great holiday weekend! A trip to Delaware sounds exciting, I'm looking forward to seeing your post about it. We have to get out of NYC and plan some trips elsewhere but there's just so much to do here so I feel like we're stuck hanging out in the city. Ahh I'm glad that you're enjoying that podcast! I don't always agree with everything either but it's very entertaining so I listen to it all the time, it definitely helps when I'm cleaning or cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. So many fun things going on! I love those old time game shows too...they're so fun and it's like looking back in time! Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love basically everything I have tried from Bumble and Bumble!!! Your day trip sounds fabulous. Day trips are so much fuN! I hate reading ruts, it takes a really good read in the right mood to pull me out. Hope it happens for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gary and I played a card game a few weeks ago and had a blast, going to check out dutch bliss! Cant wait to hear more about your day trip to Delaware!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've heard so much about that B&B hair oil, glad that it's working well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'll check out that post. I love B&B hair oil, so glad to hear you do too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have read two blogger's reviews this morning who raved about Things I Would Say. What's your take on it so far?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love finding new podcasts - I'll have to check that one out.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh my god, that ice cream makes me crave it and I never eat ice cream! I'll have to check out dutch blintz!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love podcasts and will definitely have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You have a very fun and productive life lately. This is going to be a great summer for you. And oh, that ice cream! Yum!

    I'll have to check out those podcast, book and shows.

    I'm currently into Elementary series, Joel Osteen and still reading Alice Through the Looking Glass. So easily distracted that I can't finish it. :P

    ReplyDelete
  26. From what I've seen on snapchat it looks like you're having such a fun summer! I love the idea of visiting different estates, I'd totally love to do a tour like that next spring. I'm having my wedding at a local estate and I fell in love with it because of all of the beautiful classic architecture! Also the invisible oil is my favourite hair oil ever! It doesn't weigh down my super fine hair and it smells sooo good. I always love your book recommendations so I think I'm going to try and find Things I Would Say for when I take some time off work at the end of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That ice cream looks DELISH! And yes to Dutch Blitz! Most people have never heard of it, but it's such a fun game :)
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  28. We're always looking for new games for our game nights! I'm going to have to get me a copy of Dutch Blitz!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks again for your help with the guest post! I love the old school game shows too. Have you seen Supermarket Sweep and Bumper Stumpers? Two of my favourites!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top