The Thursday Four


Happy Thursday! I had a random assortment of things I wanted to talk about today so I thought I'd put them all together in a little bit of a hodgepodge of a post today.

My husband noticed via my blog that I had these hinge sandals from Nordstrom on my wish list & surprised me for my birthday. They were just as cute in person but the heel was higher than I was expecting and they weren't super comfortable so I decided to return them. While we were at the store I stopped these sandals and was even more excited when they were available in a wide width! I was a little worried they wouldn't be comfortable because of the zipper at the heel, but they're definitely one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I've ever owned.

Also on the comfort subject, another birthday gift was the Nike tech fleece hoodie! I've pretty much been living in it because it's so comfortable. I have it in gray but love the red that's available from net-a-porter. I did size down in the jacket (and pants) compared to other Nike items I have.

Repeat Roses: I caught this on the end of the Nightly News one night last week, and as a huge lover of flowers it immediately grabbed my attention. If you have massive amounts of flowers left over after your wedding (or large event) you can arrange to have repeat roses take care of the flowers. They will clean up & pick up your flowers and create new floral arrangements to take to hospitals or nursing homes and any flowers that can't be reused are properly recycled. It's such an easy thing that can really help to brighten someone else's day.

Cookbooks are usually my go to when it comes to Blogging for Books, but when I saw this journal there was no way I could pass it up-- it's designed like an ice cream sandwich! While it would look so fun just sitting on your shelf, I'm not one to leave a journal unfilled and I was really impressed with the quality & design of the journal. Because of how the binding is worked together, when you open to a page, it lays flat and you don't have to worry about weirdly trying to press the page down to write. While the page edges are coated in the classic chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry colors of an ice cream sandwich, the pages themselves are all white with the chocolate and strawberry parts lined and the vanilla area is blank. One thing to note is that the actual journal I received doesn't have brain freeze on the binding like in the image on the Amazon page in the link above. This journal was provided for me to review from Blogging for Books but all opinions are my own. 

I hope everyone is having a great day. It's almost the weekend!

34 comments

  1. Oh my gosh what an amazing concept for Repeat Roses...I'll definitely be sharing that with my brides!! Love your new hoodie - it does look super comfy! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is the cutest notebooks ever! I have that Nike hoodie and I've been living in mine, too. It's the most comfortable thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear the shoes you originally wanted weren't comfy, I hate when that happens! But I'm glad you found a pair that are! And that journal is so cute! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Nike fleece looks so comfy. I love the idea of Repeat Roses! That is just so awesome!!! Also loving the ice cream sandwich journal. Does it make you want one every time you write in it?!

    Ashley
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. repeat roses is the greatest idea. i just love it! and that nike fleece looks like something i'd rock every day. how cute is that notebook!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. That journal!!!!! I'd have to get that too.
    That floral thing is GENIUS> I hate when flowers get wasted. I'm always suggesting to people to take flowers to a hospital or nursing home.
    Side note - I had a florist once go BEZERK to the 1000% extreme when she saw people throwing flowers away at the end of a wedding. Like FREAK OUT like they were killing people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Repeat Roses sounds like an amazing organization.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this! Your husband is so thoughtful and that hoodie would have been perfect for NC last week! Blogging for Books is such a great site and you are winning with that new journal!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How cute is that ice cream bar journel?! Love it! And Repeat Roses sounds like an amazing concept.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sending Repeat Roses to my friend whose wedding I am in....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of having somebody come up and getting flowers and repurposing them for somebody that would appreciate them! I bet it really brightens people's day when they receive them at the hospital! That journal is so adorable! I love how it looks just like an ice cream sandwich, and now I'm craving ice cream lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. Repeat Roses sounds like an amazing idea. I'm sure the people receiving them are so happy and it would definitely brighten up their day!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those shoes are totally cute, so sweet of your husband!!! Mine looks at my blog for gift ideas too. They are so smart :) Repeat Roses sounds amazing!!! I love places that will do a good thing like that. I saw that journal on Blogging for Books and was tempted! I usually go for cookbooks too but have been spreading my wings and changing it up lately.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Repeat Roses sounds like such an amazing organization! With my cousin's wedding just a week a way I'm so glad you mentioned this. I will let her know about it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What an awesome concept that Repeat for Roses is - thanks for sharing that! Also loving that notebook - how stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That Nike hoodie looks so cute and cozy! I want one now! And that notebook is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I like the shoes and the hoodie! Cozy clothes is the best. I really need to get more books from Blogging for Books but I've received a book from them a while ago and haven't read it yet. I should probably make that my top priority!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I want that hoodie so bad! It looks so comfy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That journal is so cool! Love the concept of Repeat Roses! Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How sweet of your hubs to get you those shoes!! :) Ok that journal is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  21. i wish i could wear heels, even slight ones, because those sandals are legit!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Repeat Roses is so cute! I was just watching a video about them and it made me so happy to see them repurpose all those flowers!

    Happy Weekend! And hey! I may be in DC this August...maybe we can go get lunch?

    xo,
    Chelsie

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ahh that journal is so cute!!! I love the design - good to know that the inside is quality as well!
    And wow, your husband is so thoughtful! Those shoes are beautiful and you have excellent taste :]

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  24. Repeat Roses is awesome! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  25. This journal is adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love those wedges! They'll go with so much!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That journal is super cute, love how it looks just like an ice cream sandwich! And that fleece looks so comfy, what a great birthday gift!
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the sandals you decided to go with and they look very comfortable. Repeat Roses sounds like a great service to brighten someone's day.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love that he surprised you with the shoes! I hate it when they're not quite what you expected, but glad you found something that worked to replace them. How cute is that journal?! I love ice cream sandwiches!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I LOVE journals that lay flat! Seriously. That's a well designed book - and it's so cute. Plus, I'm an ice cream lover, so...

    Those lace up sandals are simply adorable! How fun that your husband surprised you with shoes (even though they didn't end up working for you).

    ReplyDelete
  31. I LOVE journals that lay flat! Seriously. That's a well designed book - and it's so cute. Plus, I'm an ice cream lover, so...

    Those lace up sandals are simply adorable! How fun that your husband surprised you with shoes (even though they didn't end up working for you).

    ReplyDelete
  32. I wanted those shoes up top but in the sandal wedge version. I haven't bought them yet but I really want too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top