currently // vol 4

I was convinced this was only the third currently post, but it's actually the fourth which makes sense because we're already into May! How crazy is it that we're almost halfway through this year already? I'm linking up with Kristen & Gretchen for their monthly linkup.

exercising | We've started a 6x a week exercise routine over here and while it's still way too early to see any changes or say it's a true routine yet, it's off to a good start. For now it's something like a warmup with a little bit of cardio and then anywhere from 30-70 minutes of weight training depending on the day.

eating | Within a healthy calorie range... aka not eating anything and everything 24/7. Eventually I want to move away from processed foods as much as possible, but right now balance is key & I'm slowly making progress & am proud of the small changes I'm making around food.

drinking | Trader Joe's ginger pear tea... when I was in Boston I tried a ginger pear from David's tea and it was so good. I was pretty excited when I saw this for like $3 at TJ. As I'm sure you probably guessed, it's no where near as good as the loose leaf version from David's, but I'm still enjoying it.

listening | Audiobooks! I finally got in a groove with audiobooks and realized that non-fiction books are the way to go (for me). Finally I can still listen and absorb, while being productive at the same time.

loving | flowers-- specifically the roses my dad sends me every year for my birthday (see above photo). They've made my desk a much happier space since it has rained every single day since last Wednesday.

wearing | The makeup from Tuesday's post and Burt's Bees lipsticks. They smell good, they feel hydrating, they wear nicely, and they have a good color payoff-- I have lily lake & tulip tide.

creating | I've wanted to get into bullet journaling because I think it's so awesome, but I didn't know if it was something I'd lose interest in pretty quickly. After trying to figure out a way to track my fitness and eating habits/goals I figured a bullet journal just for those two things would be perfect!

watching | I really wasn't going to mention PLL again, and I was hating the beginning of season 5, but I'm a little over halfway through now and I actually really like it again. The Christmas episode was the cutest ever- or maybe I'm just happy they're back to being against Allison?

reading | I'm trying to power through The Glass Sword even though I'm really not in the mood. I think I was on the wait list for three or four months, so I need to finish it in the next two days before my loan is up. Even though I knew I needed to get to it, I kept reading other books instead and now it's crunch time.

What have you been up to lately?

29 comments

  1. I want to pick up some burts bee's lipsticks - the color range is awesome! I am so with you on rain...it's been raining since Sunday!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those flowers are so pretty! Definitely cheer up a rainy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dang girl! I 6x a week is impressive! I wish I could get to the gym again that often! And yes to PLL! I'm happy they're back to being against Allison too! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man i struggled through the glass sword. i started it immediately after red queen, i thought that's why i struggled through it, but i think it was just a hard book to get through, the writing was weird or something. i did enjoy it overall and want the next one, but it doesn't come out till next year or something, and that's just too long lol.
    yay for exercising!! congrats girl, that is awesome! to be honest, i don't really understand bullet journaling haha. good job on the eating, i need to find a balance/learn how to eat less lol. i was doing great in april but kinda fell off the wagon this week, i'll get back on next week. thanks for linking up with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is a lot of working out - good for you girl! and yes to some burt's bees lipsticks - the best.

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard good things about that Burt's Bees lipstick! Good for you for your new workout routine, that's dedication!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those loan terms push me sometimes to get a book done that I'd otherwise take my time getting through.

    So I have to know - is your workout plan a specific program. I'm always intrigued by this stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been enjoying your exercise snaps as it gives me motivation to get up when I see others doing exercise! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Non fiction audio books for me all the way too girl :) I get so excited when I get my new credit each month haha. I'll have to try that tea, sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that the only way that I'll enjoy nonfiction books is by listening to them through Audible as well! It makes the story way more enjoyable for me. And hooray for starting healthier habits! It's definitely tough getting started with everything, but it sounds like y'all are on the right track to making it a habit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice work on the working out! I'd love to one day cut out all (most) processed foods, but I'm a far ways off from that. I'm trying to make better choices overall right now. I love bad food so much, haha. Non-fiction books are definitely easier to listen to - especially humour ones! I also find YA fiction easier to listen to too...the plot and writing isn't as complicated :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am in LOVE with the Burt's Bees Lipsticks!!! They are perfect. I have Blush Basin and Fuschia Flood and love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I really love the Trader Joe's ginger pear tea! That's pretty much all I drank when I had the flu last month. I've been wanting to try the Burt's Bees lipstick too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is the sun ever coming back?

    I'm in a zumba class groove, I have two solid classes. I'd like to get one more in for the week but might need to be content with that and supplement with the weights and walking at home.

    ReplyDelete
  15. baby steps!! it takes time to form new habits and you're doing all the right things :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for reminding me to go make a cup of tea right now. That flavor combo sounds heavenly, I'll have to keep an eye out for it. (Although I have more tea in my kitchen than I'll ever be able to get through as is, so maybe I don't need any more...)
    Good luck with your exercise regimen you've kick-started. I think partnering up is a great strategy for keeping it up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the Burt's Bees Lipsticks that came out. I forget which color I have but I want more! I am with you, audiobooks are the way to go for nonfiction for me too. I can actually listen to fiction audio books as well but if there is something out there that is nonfiction I must do it audio style. You flowers are gorgeous! And good luck with the cutting back on processed foods! I was doing really well for awhile but I have gotten bad again. Need to pull it back in!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Go you on the new working out and eating plan! I'm interested to try the Trader Joe's ginger pear tea...sounds good even though it's not as good as the loose leaf one.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Can't wait to hear more about your workout routine! I am kind of in a workout slump... I need to try some new things. Those roses are gorgeous! We've had awful weather the past week, too, so I'm happy to have some flowers around the house! And also hope you'll share more about bullet journaling! I want to try it as well but I particularly love the direction you're taking it in...

    ReplyDelete
  20. 6x a week?! Check you out! That is awesome! We're trying to cut out procesed food and sugar, slowly but surely. Tackling one meal at a time. I'm realizing that I can only listen to non-fiction audio books. I always seem to zone out to fiction. I love PLL! Hate Allison. Although Emily gets on my nerves too. She's way too trusting!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the exercise, love the better eating, and love the audiobooks. I got through so many books during my commute, it was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  22. 6x a week! Girl you are killing it. How great. You and Kristen are inspiring me to get my booty in gear. I need to. Those flowers are so incredible! What a sweet tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow!! Well done on 6x a week, you'll be in amazing shape in no time!! Would love to see how bullet journaling goes!

    ReplyDelete
  24. i want to try that ginger pear tea! love the recap on what's been going on lately with you!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Look at you go with the workouts! I need to try that tea from TJ's and yay for annual flowers from your dad - so pretty <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love these kinds of posts!
    I quite like Burt's Bees lipsticks (well, Burt's Bees anything, really) and that ginger pear tea! Sounds delicious!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm totally inspired by your workout and eating successes...I definitely need to come up with a game plan for improvement in those areas!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great job on working out and diet changes! We just got a gym membership here so we're trying to go 5 days a week and then biking or something outdoorsy on the weekend. The fact that summer is coming up is my biggest motivator to avoid eating anything and everything, but I still get tempted by random stuff. Bullet journal sounds neat, I'm not really sure how that works but I'll have to look it up lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top