CRAVINGS: a review

If you've followed my blog for a while you know I'm a huge cookbook fan. I was really excited when I saw that Chrissy Teigen's cookbook was an available option on Blogging for Books. I've followed her on instagram for a while and have always loved seeing her cooking posts. 


If you're a Chrissy fan I can almost guarantee you'll be a fan of this book-- it is hilarious! I was literally laughing out loud as I was reading through so many of the descriptions of each recipe. Plus, her love of food is so apparent and you get to learn a little bit more about her throughout the book. There are 10 different chapters including, things that intimidate people but shouldn't and salads (for when you need them). She also has a chapter thai mom that is full of her favorite thai recipes & a few recipes from John thrown in. 

The photos leave your mouth watering, and Chrissy's personality definitely comes across each and every page. As far as the actual recipes go most of them seem easy enough for the average person and the number of ingredients vary. I'd definitely agree that it's full of all of the food you want to eat

I wanted to try out one of the recipes before writing this review so I let my husband pick a recipe and he chose the spicy Italian sausage meatloaf. I'm not the biggest sausage (or spicy) fan so I was a little apprehensive to give this one a try but it turned out to be really good-- and pretty easy despite a few technical issues. We don't have a food processor so I used our blender to make the breadcrumbs and then attempted to put the mushrooms into the blender and that didn't work out so well-- so our mushrooms were more chopped vs minced because I have zero knife skills but it was okay. 

meatloaf isn't very pretty, but it did turn out looking pretty similar to her picture. 
We had it with mashed potatoes and it ended up being the perfect comfort food on a snowy day in April. I think my husband said how good it was like six times while eating it-- so much flavor and not too spicy! A huge thank you to Blogging For Books for sending me this book for free to review-- all opinions are my own.

Have you picked up Chrissy's cookbook yet? Are you a fan of celebrity books? What are some of your favorites? 

15 comments

  1. Meatloaf is one of my absolute favorites and I've never tried to make it more spicy...I have her book on my list of cook books to get so I'm glad to hear you liked it! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't buy cookbooks anymore but have been very tempted to buy this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think if i cooked more i would def get this one! i have only heard good things. but i cook like a handful of times a year haha. who doesn't love chrissy! she's beyond hilarious :)

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about buying this because I cook every night! Looks like I need it now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum love meatloaf! Haven't had any in a while!!! Needs to change!!! I don't have any cook books! Might be a good idea to invest in one since I'll be home with baby soon!!! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh I have been waiting for someone to review this book - definitely one on my wishlist! Glad to hear that it doesn't disappoint!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard such amazing things about Chrissy's cookbook, and I'm so glad that you loved it! The spicy meatloaf sounds and looks so delicious, and that's great that you were able to overcome the technical issues you had. If it makes you feel better, I have no knife skills either!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been waiting for your review of this book, so now I think I'll definitely be picking it up. I'm a huge fan of Chrissy - I think she's hilarious - so I'm happy to hear that she injects her personality into the book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no idea she even had a cookbook, haha! I do like meatloaf but haven't had it in a long time. Sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I might have to get this! I love cookbooks. I rarely use recipes I find online just because I prefer to look through and use an actual cookbook! This would be a great addition to my collection! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't know much about her and I go through phases with cooking, but this looks like a cool one. I love memoirs and I do ENJOY cooking—my kitchen is just too small for it to be a fun experience most of the time and I'm having trouble getting inspired. But a good recipe is usually enough to turn that around. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw this book at a book store! I flipped through and the recipes looked pretty good to me. I don't trust my cooking abilities to be able to make a lot of the stuff on there but I need to improve my skills :) Looks like your the meatloaf turned out really well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate meatloaf,but this actually looks good! I've been wondering what this book was like and I'm happy to hear that it seems to be something normal people would like. (Unlike Gwyneth's. Wasn't a huge fan of that one!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum, this sounds so good! I've been wanting to get my hands on her cookbook, I've heard awesome things about it - glad you liked it too!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i have never heard anyone describe a cookbook as funny before this one, and i keep seeing people say this one hilarious, so obviously i need it. it's in my amazon cart lol. i'm not a big sausage or spicy fan either, but that does look really good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top