April Wish List

It's a little bit crazy that April is already here-- even though it felt like we were just in the middle of winter where it felt dark and dreary 24/7, it's a good reminder that seasons change (quickly) & to make the most of every moment. April is my birthday month so I thought this was a good time to share my beauty wish list with a few other things thrown in-- which is basically a big list of things I've wanted for the past 3 to 4 months. Other than a few skin care items (and a nail polish & lipstick to get free shipping last week...) I haven't purchased any makeup or beauty products since last year. Not too bad for someone who was obsessed with buying makeup at one point.

Basically I'm wanting all of the tinted lip balms. I recently went through my lip products and got rid of most of them-- they were either way too old or random drugstore colors I never used. I have tiny lips and am low maintenance when it comes to liner and reapplying so tinted lip balms are a really practical option to still get some color.

Tarte recently came out with the rainforest of the sea line & not only do these lip balms have the cutest packaging, they sound like they're ultra hydrating-- nude & rose are the two shades I've had my eye on, but all four look pretty neutral giving just a hint of color.

I've wanted to try one of the Bite Beauty lush lip tints forever-- they have just a hint of color but are packed with vitamin e & argan oil to help keep the lips nice and moisturized.

I think just about everyone raves about the Sugar Lip Treatments and I've never tried one for some reason. I love that they have an spf! If you've used them, which color is your favorite?

Sticking with makeup, I've been eyeing these luminizers! I'm a sucker for the art deco feel of the pan, but all of the swatches I've seen look pretty impressive.

Even though I'm really bad about remembering to apply primer before my foundation I've heard so many good things about the backlight priming filter.

I've wanted to try a thing or two from Pacifica now that they have more makeup items available. While I have a couple of concealers, I love the sound of this under eye brightener-- available in a peachy or more yellow shade.

Moving away from makeup items, these are just a few other random things I've had my eye on:

I actually haven't talked about this book yet (it will be in next tuesday's post), but A Prayer for Owen Meany is my favorite book I've read so far this year. Actually it might be my favorite book I've ever read & I would love a hard copy!

I love lace up shoes-- they tend to be super comfortable and I love this pair from Nordstrom. The block heel combined with the black is unlike any other pair I have and I can see them going with almost anything.

I'm still loving the bracelet from this post-- but this turquoise beaded one is also really pretty.

I saw this BaubleBar happy bracelet in one of their emails & thought it was so fun and happy.

I've been trying to drink tea more often and would really like to move past my usual green ginger or peppermint. The wellness tea sampler from Teavana sounds like such a good variety.  Do you drink loose-leaf teas? What are some of your favorites?


24 comments

  1. Gimme all the new makeup!! It's funny I'm not really wanting clothes right now, but all the accessories!! Love those shoes! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes do look so comfortable!!! Happy birthday month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. those shoes - so cute! and love tinted balms. the sugar ones are addicting just a warning! love the petal color :)

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many fun things! Those Sugar lip balms are my FAVORITE! I love the rose and the nude but that petal one looks perfect for spring/summer! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes! Tinted lip balms are so me right now! Love the sugar one! Need to repurchase!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday Month! So many fabulous picks! You can't go wrong with the Sugar lippies and that Happy bracelet! It'll make you smile every time you look down at your wrist :)
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. We tried the loose tea thing for awhile but I had a hard time figuring out the different flavors & just wasn't great at steeping them...#teafail
    I need to check out that book!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have the Tulip color in the Sugar product and it's really pretty! Now I need that Luminizer... So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many fun goodies that you're hoping for! Those heels are gorgeous, and you never can go wrong with the lip balms from Fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a huge Owen Meaney fan.

    Fresh Sugar: Ruby (pretty much my daily, I'm on my fourth or fifth tube) and Petal for shades.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love loose leaf tea! There is a sweet orange one that is so good by Rishi (green tin) and I usually find it at World Market (if you have those stores by you)! Let me know about any Pacifica products you end up trying - I am curious about them and haven't gotten to try many yet! ;) And yay for birthday month! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. <3 me some SUGAR lipgloss. Their deep reds are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have so many fun things on your list! The Tarte lip balms look like so much fun! The Sephora VIB sale is about to start, so hopefully you'll be able to pick these up then! I can't wait to hear your review A Prayer of Owen Meanie! It sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i am really boring with my tea, i only drink english or irish breakfast, but not loose. good to hear about that book, i might have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The ABH illuminators look gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those sandals are so cute! I love me a block heel--I don't want to wear any tall shoes other than block heels or wedges these days!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the Sugar lip balms. And super cute sandals!
    I like both loose leaf and bagged tea. The Teavana teas are good if you like floral and fruity tea.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love John Irvings books! They are always so bizarre but good. Have you read a Widow for One Year?
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've heard amazing things about the backlight primer, too! Sephora VIB sale is coming up! I have my eyes on the new Too Faced Sweet Peach palette!

    xo, Chelsie @ HTC

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have a Sugar lip gloss and need to find it asap because we know that shiz ain't cheap! May have to add a few of these goodies to my birthday wish list ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sigh, I really have to take a page out of your book and cull my lipstick stash. I have so many pretty colors but realistically, I don't have enough places to go to wear them all. I work in a yoga studio or my apartment, I don't need 30 lipsticks! You've actually just inspired me to do it right now (as soon as I'm finished with this comment), so thank you :)

    I am actually super looking forward to your review on the book. I had to put it down, unfortunately! But I picked it up to begin with because a friend told me it was her favorite book of all time. Maybe I need to give it another try.

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love the becca backlit primer--so pretty. i am a sucker for highlighters, that's for sure!!! great wish list! i did some damage at sephora last night!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have the Sugar lip treatment lip balm in Honey but I don't use it very often, whoops. I don't really like it's texture, it's too "greasy" for me if that makes sense. I drink a lot of loose leaf teas :) I like to get mine from David's Tea, they are cheaper than Teavana and I like their flavors better. My favorite ones are Midsummer Night's Dream and Buddha's Blend.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The Sugar Lip Treatments are on my wish list too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top