pass or purchase? [vol 6]

I can't believe tomorrow is already the first day of April! I wish I could stop saying it feels like time is going by so quickly, but really time is going by so quickly! I have another pass or purchase again post-- also known as recent empties.

Mario Badescu Drying Cream | When I first got this I thought there was no way possible I would ever use it all up, but I was proven wrong. Admittedly, I didn't really care for this at first-- and to be honest I'm still totally confused as to how you would wear this under makeup, but I guess it's supposed to just blend into the skin? I apply it before bed and really pack it on-- the only downside is that it gets all over your pillowcase and the scent isn't the most pleasant, but I think it does work on those under the skin bumps. I did repurchase this as part of this kit when Ulta had the Mario Badescu beauty deal last week.

L'Oreal OleoTherapy Conditioner | I always keep one drugstore and one higher end conditioner in the shower-- mainly because I kind of can tell a big difference and I'm someone that very rarely does my hair so I don't like to "waste" my expensive conditioner on days my hair is just going in a braid or bun. I liked this one a lot better than the EverSleek one I mentioned here. I would purchase this one again, but instead I'm trying out this new one that's only $3.99 at Target.

Almay Oil-Free Eye Makeup Remover Wipes | I've repurchased these multiple times and love how non-irritating and non-greasy they are. This time I purchased one of the larger value size packs and I found that they were kind of dry and didn't work that well. I just started using another package that I bought at the same time and it seems to have the same issue. I'd like to try some other affordable options but I always get nervous to try something new that I'm putting onto my eyes.

Clinique Dramatically Different Gel | I go back and forth with this moisturizer-- it's light weight and perfect to wear under your makeup. I'm also a big fan of the price- I think it's only $14.50, which is really affordable compared to other moisturizers out there. I did repurchase this in the lotion+ version when I ran out of the gel even though I'm using two other moisturizers.

Simple Cleansing Face Wipes | I've talked about these a few times and I love them! I don't always like to use face wipes but they're convenient and super gentle on the skin. I think they do a pretty decent job removing all of your makeup. These are a definite repurchase!

Vaseline Aloe Spray Lotion | I hate lotion, but I love this stuff. It's really lightweight & the scent is pleasant and doesn't linger. It kind of reminds me of the old bath & body works cucumber melon scent. The only downside to spray lotion is that it seems to run out really quickly.


Have you used any of these products? Do you tend to stick to one thing when it comes to essentials like these?

17 comments

  1. Love those Almay face wipes! And I need to look into that vaseline aloe spray lotion, sounds like exactly what I've been looking for. Huge bonus points for a nostalgic B&BW scent! Great recs! <3
    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those Simple wipes! They're the best! And I'll have to check out that drying cream! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. i always forget about that clinique lotion but it's one of my old favs! and those wipes are some of my fav. i have been all over the yes to cucumbers wipes but those are also really good!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try those Almay eye wipes now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One tip for the Almay wipes is that I always take the pad at the bottom of the stack - that one usually is the wettest since it isn't exposed to air as much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't used any of these but spray lotions seem to be so popular right now! I definitely want to try one!
    Evelina @ Fortunate House

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a big fan of the Almay eye makeup remover wipes but have noticed more dryness. The neutrogena face wipes don't do a bad job on the eyes. The Body Shop Chamomile liquid eye makeup remover isn't bad either but it is a liquid and requires a cottonball.

    I can't get into the spray lotion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really want to try the aloe version of that Vaseline spray, but I totally agree about those bottles running out so easily - that's why I don't buy spray sunscreen anymore. One day at the beach and it's empty!

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Simple wipes. My optometrist recommended them to me because I have so much trouble with my eyes! I am glad you reviewed the Mario Badescu product... a few people have recommended it to me and I wasn't sure. I LOVE Vaseline spray lotion. It does run out quickly! St. Ives makes a great one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gary loves the spray lotion too - I need to pick up a bottle for myself! Thanks for the conditioner suggestion - definitely going to pick that one up!! See you next week girl!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have a lot of hair so i totally understand using a high end conditioner sometimes. i have never used a high end one, do you have any you recommend that you really notice a difference? i used the clinque mosturising lotion for years but i just stopped liking it for some reason lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wanting to try out the spray lotions but good to know they run out quickly which is bad news for me because I use lots of lotion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen commercials for the Vaseline spray lotion and it looked so cool! I'm glad that you liked it so much! That sucks that the value pack of the makeup removing wipes isn't the same quality as the original! I've always used the neutrogena wipes, but they will leave you a little greasy if you don't wash your face afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm intrigued by the Mario Badescu drying cream. I have so many pesky under the skin bumps, and I feel like I'm always searching for something that'll take care of them.

    xoxo
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love that spray lotion! So easy to spray and go out the door in the mornings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm also not too picky about conditioner, though I do have some deep conditioning ones for "special" days. I've always been curious about the drying cream, because it sounds like it would be magical but I didn't know if it would work as well as it claims.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top