Feeling Neutral

I don't know what it is about spring but I seem to continually have shopping on my mind. I've been so anxious to put away my sweaters and boots and bring out my bin of spring/summer clothing. It's always a little bit like shopping from your own wardrobe because I always find things I forgot I had tucked away. I have quite a bit of really old stuff, as well as really worn stuff (mainly shoes-- my shoes seem to get destroyed quickly) & I'm typically really good about getting rid of things I won't wear anymore by either sending them to Good Will or ThreadUp.



I don't know why but I love these Seychelles flats- they're a little bit masculine, but still so cute with the fringe. I'm a fan.

I definitely do not need another tennis shoe but these flyknits look so comfortable and I love the muted color combo!

Between the lace, the high collar, and the back cutout- I love this vintage looking dress from Free People.

I'll never own this bag because it's a ridiculous amount of money, but I'm still kind of obsessed with it & will be on the lookout for a dupe.

I always forget to put on jewelry, but I want to start wearing it more often and I love this delicate beaded bracelet. It comes in a few different colors but the white/gold combo would go with everything.

When the Target workout top failed me, I decided to check Old Navy and definitely regret not getting this top when they had 40% off.

I really need to go through my closet-- capsule wardrobe style-- and see what I have that I can put together for actual outfits. I don't like just having stuff that I won't wear, so I think the reason I'm so drawn to everything neutral right now is because it goes with just about anything.

Do you go for the bright and bold colors once spring and summer months start to roll around?

22 comments

  1. I think those tennis shoes would be perfect for your upcoming trip!! That bag is beautiful and I agree, you'll be able to find a great dupe somewhere!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both those pairs of shoes! I have been wanting some neutral tennis shoes to wear out that aren't my actual work out shoes...these would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i think there's a dupe for that bag on rebecca minkoff's site. i think. don't kill me if i'm wrong ha. but anyway i'm ALWAYS a neutrals girl and i love the fresh colors in this list. the creams and whites are so on my radar right now. and gray bc me. :) love both of those shoes!

    xoxo cheshire kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those sneakers! I too love wearing neutrals in the spring. While I do love spring colors, I rarely wear them. haha I stick to neutrals year round.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tennis shoes. And that lace dress is so pretty! I love a good neutral.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the neutrals and the blush pinks right now although I usually go for bright colors. Love that bag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so obsessed with Old Navy workout wear. its kinda stupid.
    I love those flats with the fringe. Very dapper :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i'm with you, i love neutrals, but i do normally go for darker ones because anything in the white family is just asking for me to drop something on it hahaha. that old navy top is super cute, and i'm with you on that bag - gorgeous but never gonna happen haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neutral shades, and especially blush shades, have been my obsession lately too! I love that dress you picked - it's so delicate and feminine!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been really into neutrals lately too. I'm still missing some wardrobe staples for the spring/summer that I'm super excited to finally pick up this season (I always wait to long on decisions to buy things and then they're gone!) I'm still a fan of throwing in a pop of colour, but if you've got a great wardrobe of neutral basics then it's so easy to pair with any colour to change things up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are all such great staples pieces and that bag is majorly lust worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that dress, and I've decided that I will start incorporating more dresses and skirts in my wardrobe because that's definitely lacking at the moment. I'm also on the lookout for some nice bracelets because I always like seeing people wear fun jewellery but I don't have any. I never wear bright colors so blacks and greys are my go-to colors.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The vintage looking dress is such a great find and very unique with the diamond cutout back. Some neutrals are definitely essential for any wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am not a solid neutral person - I love color everywhere, especially shoes and accessories! LOL For travel those shoes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so with you about destroying shoes. It doesn't matter how much I spend, they won't last too long, so I usually go with the cheaper ones so I can buy more ;) Also, that Angel shift dress is amazing!! Have a great week.

    Meg, Borrowed Heaven

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that white top with the V in the back. Very cute for spring or a cooler summer night.

    Ashley
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. This inspiration board makes my heart sing - you know I'm all about the neutrals all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love neutrals year-round (with extra shades of white in the summer) so I hear ya! What a cute dress ;)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love a good neutral, no matter what time of the year! I love how delicate that bracelet is, and that bag is gorgeous, but I'm with you about not wanting to spend a fortune on it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving that Free People dress, and I could see that wearing year round with lighter colors in the spring and summer, and deep colors in the winter! The Longchamp bag is fabulous too but totally out of my budget right now.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm a big fan of neutrals, too. They never go out of style!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Spring and fall bring out the shopping bug for me, I think it's the big changes in the weather. I loveee those loafer flats- so cute! I have a major addiction to fringe right now though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top