CBH BEST OF (2015) beauty


Just like that we've already reached 2016! I'm looking forward to the new year ahead but wanted to start with my favorite beauty products from last year. I realized I didn't try out that many new products, but there were definitely some favorites (new and old) that stood out, and I thought linking up with Amanda for Friday Favorites was the perfect time to share.  



MUFE Sculpting Duo (highlight #2): Sometimes I feel like this is better suited for the summertime because it's quite gold, but I really don't care and have been using it basically non-stop since I got it from my mom for my birthday back in the spring. It's so soft, and gives such a gorgeous glow that isn't overly glittery or shimmery.

Urban Decay Sin & MAC Naked Lunch: These were easily my top two eye shadow favorites this year! Not so surprisingly when I swatched them for this post I realized they really are almost identical! They're both just slightly pink with shimmer. (side note: is anyone else's naked palette soooo powdery?)

Rose Bud Strawberry Lip Balm: I usually prefer to use regular vaseline when my lips get really, really dry, but this stuff was my absolute favorite and I really feel like it made a difference in hydrating my lips. I like the other versions as well but the strawberry is my favorite.

Real Techniques Sculpting Brush: I love the size, shape, and density of this brush. I use it just about every day with the MUFE sculpting duo.

Sephora Collection Pro Flawless Airbrush #56: This is the newest item on my list, and something I would have probably never spent the money on, but I picked it up when I had $20 off of $50 and I'm so happy with the purchase. At first I thought it was going to be way too small, but I love it so much more than the RT Expert Face Brush or the Sigma F80.

Bumble & Bumble All Style: It's not often I style my hair, and it's even less often that I blow dry it (though I did just semi-splurge on a new hair dryer), but when I do use this product it really makes a difference in my hair. It protects against heat styling and helps eliminate frizz.


I still love the Urban Decay setting sprays and Lancome mascaras, just as much as last year, but I feel like I've talked about them so many times I didn't include them in this year's list again.

What beauty products were your favorite last year? Have you discovered any recent favorites?

23 comments

  1. I need that face brush - it sounds amazing and i just got a new foundation that it would be perfect for!! Also that strawberry lip balm sounds great!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  2. UD Sin is one of my fav colors too! And I've heard so many great things about the Rose Bud lip balm, I definitely need to check it out! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sin is my favorite Naked shadow too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love finding new things to try! What great colors, have a wonderful weekend!

    Christina :: Simple and Delish

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love UD Sin, that is such a great eye color! Have a fab weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've had a Sephora pro airbrush (not sure which one, it looks like that one but I think it's a little bigger) for years and it really is great. I wish I could not dry or style my hair, but #frizzyhairprobs so I'm always looking for products to protect it from the heat.
    I've had a Tarte cream eyeshadow for an embarrassing number of years now that I've always loved, and obviously it's old now so I went to buy a new one and they don't make it anymore. But instead I found some Josie Maran liquid eyeshadow that I absolutely love! So that's my recent favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love real techniques brushes!!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the RT brushes and just bought some new ones recently. I've heard about that lip balm somewhere else and I'm very intrigued! Definitely adding it to my list! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need new brushes so badly...
    I wish I could ever remember the name of things I try - but I basically stick to my same 4 products I use every day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love my real techniques brushes! i will have to check out that sephora one. and i keep meaning to get some bumble & bumble products, i haven't heard a bad thing about them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What's the lower left photo? I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome round up! Bumble & Bumble can do no wrong, and I hit the pan super quick on my UD Sin. Such a gorgeous color! Happy Friday gurlie <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard so many good things about that Sephora brush! And yes - my Naked palette is ridiculously powdery!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love my #56 airbrush!!! And anything Bumble and Bumble is a win for me. I will have to check out this other stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can never go wrong with Bumble & Bumble! I'm a big fan of their thickening line. My skin has been all sorts of terrible since being pregnant, so I have a whole huge post on recent beauty hits & misses coming next week - I've been trying everything!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love sin in the Naked Palette too! I think that it's pretty much the only shade I use from the Naked 1, which is probably why I use Naked 3 all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I don't own a Naked Palette but I've purchased 4 UD shadows and they're my favorite. I need to try the MUFE highlighter! I can never turn highlighters down.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great roundup! I completely forgot how great Naked Lunch is! It's such a beautiful color.

    Connie | Sponsored by Coffee | Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that Sin eyeshadow color. I need to use it more often because I love shimmery colors and yes my Naked palette looks like a mess. lol

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wish it was easier to find the real techniques brushes around here! I have the blush brush and I'd love to try more but they're only available in the sets in most places and I don't need ALL those brushes. I notice my Naked Basics being more powdery than my original palette, but I still love the colours so it's worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I really need some Real Techniques brushes. Mine are shedding all over my face and it's kind of a problem. I'm glad that you like their sculpting brush!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I totally need to get a new hair dryer. Mine has been dying for months now. My new favorite mascara is Lorac. Have you tried it? It has a massive brush that works miracles.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top