Pass or Purchase Again? [vol 5]


It's time for another empties post, and probably the last one of the year! This was a good mix of some favorites-- both skin care and makeup! Sorry for the less than stellar photo above. I took it on my phone and thought it was fine until I uploaded it and hated it-- hence all the filtering. As you can probably guess, I had thrown everything away by the time I realized I needed a new picture, so I'm just rolling with this one.

UD de-slick makeup setting spray | I so love this stuff! It feels so nice on the skin, and I truly do think it makes my makeup last longer. Instead of repurchasing this version I got the chill during an Ulta sale a while back and I love it just as much-- so this is a definite repurchased item for me!

Dove dry shampoo | This took me so long to use up-- which is rare for dry shampoos (I feel like Batiste cans never last very long). I don't remember not liking this product, it had the same issue with a really, really strong scent, and it was only a few dollars (maybe $4?), but I'll probably pass.

Bath & Body Works orange ginger body scrub | if you like ginger scents, this stuff smells a-mazing, and has a wonderful scent throw, after you use it your entire bathroom will smell good. Despite the high fragrance, it didn't seem to irritate my skin at all. While I think it has natural ingredients, the perfume and fragrances are a little bit much and I couldn't help but feel like it probably isn't all that great for my skin? I have zero knowledge to back this up, so I could be totally wrong but for now I will pass.

Smashbox studio skin 15 hour hydrating foundation | BEST FOUNDATION EVER. I'm still obsessed with this foundation and will probably repurchase a million more bottles. It's the best coverage without being cakey or heavy and it lasts on my skin all day, and even when my skin is slightly dry it manages to give it a little life. The one tiny downside is that the shade I wear 2.1, is a tad too dark if I don't self tan- I tried the next lighter shade and it was way too light, so I wish there was more of a color range.

Lancome hypnose drama mascara | While this isn't my favorite of Lancome's mascaras, I really enjoyed this, and was surprised at how long the mini tube lasted! After finishing this one I've been using doll lashes, and I like it, but I definitely miss the drama of hypnose drama & will probably go back to the original hypnose after I current this tube. But these mascaras are always a repurchase for me.

Clairns gentle foaming cleanser | I can't remember how I stumbled upon this cleanser, but I am a big fan. When I went to repurchase it I thought I had the wrong product when I read 'foaming' in the name because it doesn't really strike me as foaming? It is extremely gentle, yet I feel like it really does cleanse my skin using it on its own or with my Clarisonic. I'm not crazy about the packaging because it seems like too much product always comes out and is wasted which isn't ideal, especially for a rather pricey product.

St. Tropez bronzing mousse | Love this stuff, and made sure to repurchase a second bottle before I ran out. I do wish it was slightly darker, but I try and apply it when I'll be able to leave it on for as long as possible before rinsing off the color.

To see my previous past or purchase posts visit here. What products have you used up recently? Do you like trying out new things or are you more likely to stick with what you know and already love?

22 comments

  1. I know what you mean the dry shampoo taking forever to finish - i still haven't gone through mine lol!!! That lancome mascara really is the best!! xo, Biana -http://www.blovedboston.com/2015/12/best-date-night-idea-cooking-at-home.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, definitely going to have to check out that foundation! And I got the Dove stuff and I wasn't wowed by it but I wasn't in love either. I've yet to find a dry shampoo I love, not even Batiste! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh I feel the same way about the dove dry shampoo. Also--I love these posts from you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been using Lush dry shampoo for like 2 years now and it still isn't even close to running out. It's not a spray though, it's a powder so I wonder if that has anything to do with how long it lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wasn't a huge fan of the Dove dry shampoo either, still loving the Living Proof the best! Clarins has great products - you can never go wrong. I just picked up one of their toners and I'm looking forward to trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know you have it as a pass but I want to try that Ginger body scrub now just because I love strong scents & LOVE that Energy or Stress line at B&BW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been wanting the UD setting spray for forever but I don't want to spend the money but I keep hearing that it IS worth it by EVERYONE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! I always like to hear what people are saying about products so I don't waste my cash :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to know about the Dove dry shampoo. I agree the Batiste ones seem to run out quickly but I haven't found one that works that well for me and the scent doesn't bother me.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You know I love reading your reviews. I might have to try that cleanser. I feel like my skin hasn't decided what type it is yet since having the baby though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Lancome mascaras and that UD setting spray! I might have to try that smashbox foundation sometime after reading what you said!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would never think I like ginger scents but I got this ginger scented loofah and I'm obsessed now! I'll have to try the body scrub.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the smashbox primer!! I might love the foundation? I'll give it a try! Thanks for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Urban Decay setting spray is seriously the best! Glad you liked another version of it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the UD setting spray, I just got the All Nighter one to try after finishing up my de-slick bottle. And I just got the Lancome mascara in a sample bag, so I'm excited to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The setting spray is one of my favorites too! It works so well in the hot southern summers!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Urban Decay's setting sprays really are unbeatable. So much value and they work so well. I'm really intrigued by the Smashbox foundation, thanks for mentioning it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You're so right I go through Batiste like water, seriously! That foundation sounds pretty much like perfection - I think I might go get a sample and test it out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of good products in this post! I may have to give that foundation a try, and holy cow do I go through Batiste like no other!

    ReplyDelete
  20. okay obviously i need to try that foundation. and for real, why does batiste go so quickly? i go through one of those so quickly it's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top