A Little Christmas q&a


I can't remember the last time I did any sort of tag post on the blog, so when I saw this festive one Meg created I knew I wanted to make a post about it. How crazy is it that Christmas is less than two weeks away? Linking up with Katie for her Christmas linkup!

1. What is your favorite Christmas tradition? I've always loved decorating Christmas cookies, and breakfast on Christmas morning at my parent's house. And Christmas Eve pajamas.

2. Where do you spend Christmas? This is something that depends on the year and whether or not we'll be traveling since our families live in different states.

3. What is your favorite Christmas song? Angels we have heard on high

4. Do you decorate before or after Thanksgiving? Usually after, but I am 100% for decorating on November 1 (sorry Thanksgiving!)

5. Tinsel or garland? Either, I guess? I think my husband is more of a fan of tinsel, but I prefer garland.

6. Do you own an ugly Christmas sweater? Not really-- though I do have a red plaidish one that is probably ugly to a lot of people ;)

7. What is one Christmas food you cannot live without? Probably all of the desserts. Cookies, fudge, caramels, etc....

8. Peppermint or gingerbread? Before this year I would have easily said peppermint, but the Gingerbread loaf from Starbucks is one of the most delicious things I've ever tasted!

9. Have you ever tried a fruit cake? It's possible at some point, but I definitely had to google 'fruit cake' for some clarification.

10. What is one thing you asked for this Christmas? I would love a hard copy of The Goldfinch. 

11. If you could be any Christmas movie character, who would you be? So I kind of feel like I have to say Kathleen Kelly from You've Got Mail because I can't stop watching that movie and I love New York and I would love to own a bookstore (even if it does close...), but I'm not sure if that technically counts as a Christmas movie so I'll go with Amanda from The Holiday.

Are you ready for the holidays? What are some of your favorite holiday memories or traditions?

23 comments

  1. Ho fun! I'm with you on Christmas Eve pajamas! Although I still prefer peppermint over gingerbread! Happy Monday! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fun Q&A and I need to watch the holiday this week...it hasn't happened yet and that's just not OK!! I'm the same about x-mas it depends yearly where we spend it!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sweater in the closet that you love but others may consider ugly! Haha... We all own one! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this post! I'm going to do the tag too - so fun! ;)
    The Holiday is my FAVORITE xmas movie! I love the little cottage in the countryside! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go to Starbucks now & try that gingerbread thing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally with you on Amanda from the holiday! I really want to rewatch that movie right now!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would pick Amanda from The Holiday too, I really miss that movie since I haven't watched it yet this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so fun! I haven't watched The Holiday in years. I should this year. Love, Actually is my holiday movie jam. And now I feel like I need a gingerbread loaf slice from Starbucks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I have not tried that gingerbread loaf from Starbucks. I might need to today with I stop by to get my afternoon pick-me-up :) Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally love your entire brain dump about being Kathleen Kelly from You've Got Mail, lol. I would kill to be Cameron Diaz in the Holiday solely for her hair and wardrobe! I am loving all these posts, Christmas pajamas are my favorite, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bahahaha... I love your response to the ugly sweater question!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So glad you said Kathleen Kelly because yes, even though You've Got Mail isn't technically a Christmas movie, I LOVE watching it this time of year. It's so good, I could watch it over and over. A classic for sure :) p.s., with you on gingerbread! Love peppermint, but gingerbread is more seasonal and just so warm and tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. YES to Kathleen Kelly - LOVE her! And yay for Christmas Eve pajamas, they're the best!

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  14. We don't do Christmas Eve pajamas in my family, but I was really excited the first time I had Christmas with my husband's family and that was one of their traditions! I just think it's so fun. Definitely want to do it for our kids some day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I couldn't live without all of the desserts on Christmas either! They're seriously the best. And I love Amanda from The Holiday! She's definitely one person I'd love to be.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to start the tradition with Christmas eve pajamas. I think that's a great family tradition. I could do without all the desserts too just give me turkey or ham!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a fun post, I love this kind of questionnaire. I love Christmas Eve pjs and Christmas Eve pizza!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes to Christmas Eve PJs and of course, all of the desserts! I think I gain like 5 pounds this time of year. And I had totally forgotten about You've Got Mail - such a great movie!

    ReplyDelete
  19. haha Amanda from the holiday! i love kate winslet's character, though i would prefer jude law over jack black LOL. mmm yes to all the desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, yes!! I cannot live without desserts for Christmas. It's definitely my favorite part about the day (even moreso than the gifts).

    Connie | Sponsored by Coffee | Etsy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oooh gingerbread loaf sounds delicious!! Bring on the desserts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, The Holiday. I love that movie and it's been so long since I've watched it. I might have to find some time to squeeze that in before Christmas actually arrives.

    xoxo
    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top