Recent Favorites (fall 2015)

Hooray for November! I know winter doesn't officially start until nearly Christmas, but once the time changes and it gets dark, it's basically winter in my mind. This year I'm determined to make the most of November and December and enjoy all of the holiday things that are to come. Anyway, on to a few favorites....




Fit Me Concealer: This is apparently a dupe for the NARS concealer-- I've never tried it so I can't say, but this has been the best drugstore concealer I've ever used and it seriously cost $3.50 from Ulta. The only thing is, it doesn't seem like there's very much product in the tube so I'm not sure how long it will last.

Real Techniques Sculpting Brush: This is the brush I needed all summer to use with the MUFE highlighting duo. Because of the texture of the bronzer I had such a hard time with it-- but this brush solves all of those problems, it's the right shape, size, and density!

Bite Musk Lipstick: I forgot how much I like this lipstick (first mentioned here last year!). It's a neutral pink brown color and has the greatest creamy consistency. I don't think it's available in the duos this year, but I definitely think the full-size is worth it.

OPI Venice Collection Polishes: First things first- these polishes are tiny. But if you're someone who has so many polishes that you rarely reach for the same one more than a few times before they dry up, these are perfect. Admittedly, I loved a couple of these so much I debated buying the full size. The color pictured is a great opera-tunity. Also included are worth a pretty penne, amore at the grand canal, and my gondola or yours? You get a pinky nude, a metallic, a dark red, and deep purple/black.

swatches: musk lipstick & fit me concealer in light
Smashbox Brow Tech Trio: I almost didn't even mention this because I had the hardest time finding it anywhere other than the Canadian Sephora website? Eventually I found it on the Macy's website via shopstyle. I just got it a few weeks ago as a free gift with purchase when I got my foundation, but maybe they're no longer making it & Ulta was trying to get rid of it? This would be the third time Smashbox discontinues a product I love.

Anyway, I wasn't on the hunt for a new brow product because I love the Anastasia duo, but since using the brow tech trio I haven't even touched my other brow products! It has two brow colors and a clear wax. The color I use is about identical to the lighter shade in my Anastasia Dark Brown duo, but I think I prefer the texture just a little bit better.

Lazy Sunday Morning: I was excited to get a sample of this because I love beach walk so much. This one is floral and fresh and kind of does make you think of a lazy Sunday morning. It doesn't seem to have as strong of a staying power

What have you been loving recently?

31 comments

  1. The lip color and OPI color are so pretty, especially right next to each other. I'm loving my dark lipstick shade and my sparkly eye liner :)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that lip color - I haven't bought a new bit lip color in like a year and that one needs to be mine!! Really need a pretty mauve nail polish color like that one from OPI!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. That brush sounds amazing! And loving that lip color, so perfect for every day, any season! <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. That lip color is so pretty! Thanks for the recommendation!

    I agree about it being "winter" once it eats dark earlier! Happy Monday!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that polish color and lip color! Great for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh that Bite lipstick is so pretty!! That color looks perfect for everyday wear! And I've been hearing amazing things about Maybelline's FitMe line of makeup. I think I'm gonna go and pick that concealer up once I use my my Benefit Fake Up concealer!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  7. okay, i am definitely checking out that concealer, can't beat the price tag even if it's not a lot of product. i love real techniques brushes, i don't think i have that one though.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that lipstick! I love Purple Palazzo Pants from that OPI Venice Collection. Their latest collection has some really pretty colors too. Thank you for sharing and I hope that you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been wanting to try Real Techniques brushes, I think I will after my current brushes bite the dust. The Bite lipstick looks so nice, I will have to check it out when I make it to Sephora next.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ok that lip color is really pretty. I'll have to see about adding it to my next Sephora haul.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always looking for a good new perfume!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love Maybelline concealers so I'll have to give this a try! I also need to try the Real Techniques brush- I have their stipling one and I absolutely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of good products in this post! Everybody raves about that Maybelline concealer, and I love Real Techniques brushes - I'll have to look for that one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those RT brushes!! And I'm loving that lip color.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm not a HUGE fan of the Fit Me Concealer, but I love the Maybelline Better Skin concealer so so much! I'd recommend trying that one next!

    xo, Chelsie @ Life with Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  16. That looks like a great lip color, I'll have to check it out in store!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love that lip color, it is so pretty!!! I haven't heard of Fit Me Concealer, but the NARS one is on my list to purchase next time I am out. I am tempted to try that one first for the price!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been meaning to buy that RT brush! You can't go wrong with them, especially for the price point. And I'm definitely going to be checking out that concealer - $3.50 vs $30? Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  19. i have been loving my ysl lipstick--it was on my blog last week--it is the perfect every day color. love it!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love RT brushes. Such good quality for the price point. Can't be beat!
    I'm definitely going to try that concealer... I'm constantly on the hunt for my holy grail one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I usually consider November to be the start of winter too, but it's been so warm recently! I haven't even been wearing jackets when I walk to work. I just got a good lipstick from Julep that is the perfect shade. I'll have to share the name of it later.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I might need to get that concealer! I actually use BareMinerals so I use the foundation as my concealer...and I think I need a dedicated concealer! I need to do a post with my favorite products lately.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've heard good things about RT brushes, need to try one out!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think that smaller nail polishes sound like a good idea. I keep mine FOREVER before I use them up. I just don't change my polish often and have way too many :-p

    ReplyDelete
  25. Too bad the Smashbox Brow Tech Trio is discontinued. I was interested in checking it out and the price isn't too bad. I've always wanted to step my game up in the eyebrows department. lol

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm with you. November 1 = winter. Basically the same way May 1 = summer. And I know people will hate me for this but I can't wait for the holidays.
    I use Fit Me concealer and for the most part I do really love it. And it seems to last a while for me, so you should probably get some good mileage out of it! Granted I only use it under my eyes and very occasionally on a blemish.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I like the nail polish ♥♥

    summerdaisy.net

    ReplyDelete
  28. I want just about every Bit lipstick available. I have one duo from spring and summer and I LOVE it, but I want a more neutral Bite lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Loving that Bite Musk lipstick, definitely need to try that out! And that nail polish is so pretty <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  30. I've heard so many great things about the Maybelline Fit Me concealer. I haven't tried the NARS stuff either, but I just might have to check this drugstore version out. Thanks for the tip!

    xoxo
    Kat :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top