Life Lately I


So these type of posts usually aren't my favorite to write, but I know sometimes people enjoy reading more lifestyle blog posts so I thought I'd share a few highlights from the weekend. (plus, it's an excuse to linkup with Biana for weekending!)

We finally got around to seeing The Martian! I liked the cast and would recommend it, but as usual I definitely prefer the book to the movie. We also watched the movie Run All Night-- it's one of those unrealistic Liam Nielson movies, but it was actually pretty entertaining and a good action/suspensefulish flick.

We visited my favorite store (Home Goods) and picked up this picture for $16.99! I kind of wish it featured a poodle and the Chrysler building, but it's still New York and I love it.

When I was commenting on one of Alanna's recent blog posts, one of the little suggestion links for her older posts was about best DC brunches so I naturally had to check it out. Copperwood Tavern was one of her suggestions, so we checked it out on Sunday and it was so good! I had the waffle, which is usually my standard breakfast/brunch order and it was delicious. My husband had a breakfast sandwich and his food was equally good. It definitely seemed to be very family friendly and had a nice relaxed feel to it.

After brunch we stopped by the Renwick Gallery-- it recently reopened after being closed for renovations. We had been once a few years ago before it closed, but we both really loved the current exhibit, Wonder. It was cool because the artwork was abstract to an extent, but when you read what the inspiration was behind the pieces they totally made sense. Maya Lin used marbles to demonstrate the Chesapeake Bay. My favorite was the rainbow threads-- it was so cool in person, it really did look like light rays not string! Wonder is on display through July so I definitely recommend in for anyone visiting DC-- it's right by the White House and doesn't take a lot of time to go through.

Andddd we are officially half way through November-- just one more weekend left before Thanksgiving! I hope you guys all had a great weekend and have an extra large coffee for the start of a new week.

Carly / cbh

28 comments

  1. Any weekend that contains an awesome Home Goods find is a win in my book! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like these kind of posts, but am with you in that I don't always think of writing them! Home Goods is the best... It's so cheap! Saw your breakfast on IG and it looked amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a great weekend, I LOVE Home Goods!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great weekend! I need to get to Home Good asap to troll for some holiday decorations! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your snaps from the museum and it was really cool! Glad you had a great weekend - movies, museums and brunch - pretty fantastic! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. That brunch looks delish! And I keep hearing that about The Martian! I haven't read the book, so I need to do that before the movie comes out on dvd. Cheers to a fabulous week <3

    Green Fashionista

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am still waiting to see the Martian! Life has just been super busy. Glad to hear another good review!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading these posts, so I'm glad you wrote it :) I definitely want to see The Martian! Home Goods is also for sure my favorite store, as well - I love the print you found!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot believe we're half way through November! The time is flying by! The rainbow exhibit is so cool! It really does look like a rainbow inside! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun weekend! We haven't seen The Martian yet, but I keep hearing good things. Love the print that you picked up, too. Time for coffee #2! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need a bucket of coffee today! I can't believe that is string for the rainbow, so cool! Home Goods gets me every time!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never been in a homegoods! I seriously need to find one once we have a house to decorate!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Carly! I love these lifestyle posts! And yes, any excuse to link up with Biana-she's fab! Love Home goods, if I could just live there.. That would be great! Haha happy Monday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That brunch looks yummy! Your pictures from the gallery looked really neat! Hope you're having a good Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. That brunch looks delicious! Love that print too and that gallery looks so cool! Hope that your week is off to a good start too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved reading The Martian! I want to see the movie but I will probably wait until it comes out. Homegoods is one of my favorite stores!!! You can seriously find the best stuff ever there :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Yes, I loved The Martian too!!! I agree that the book was better, but keeping in mind that the movie couldn't squeeze everything in and all that I was really impressed with what they did with the movie!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can't believe how close we are to Thanksgiving!! Brunching sounds awesome and something I haven't done in a while. You did a great job capturing the string piece, it looks like rays of light, absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't believe we're halfway through November! LOVING that picture you picked up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wanna see the martian so bad! Thanks for the reminder!
    XO Ellen from Ask Away
    www.askawayblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you liked Copperwood! I totally saw your snaps of Renwick and definitely need to go now. I think I might check it out this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I actually didn't read The Martian book before seeing the movie but I really enjoyed it! Sounds like such a great relaxed weekend - now I'm really craving brunch food...

    ReplyDelete
  23. We want to go see the Martian! I've hear nothing but amazing reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  24. great weekend for you! I can't wait to see the martian--i have the audiobook i need to start.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sounds like you've had a great weekend! We also went to see The Martian a little while ago and I might be the only one who thought that seeing the movie was way easier than reading the book. I can't believe how fast November is flying by, but I'm really excited for my very first American thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love these lifestyle posts from you. Have an amazing Thanksgiving :)

    Jessica
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
  27. totally agree about the martian! it was good, but of course the book was better :)
    waffles! yum. yes please. home goods is my fave too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top