Merry October II

I'm sure I'll be the millionth person to say this today but I really can't believe it's already October. Part of me feels like I was just writing this post from last year. I'm not looking forward to the weather being in the 50s this weekend, but hopefully it's just a cold spell. Just a few random things that have been on my radar that I thought I'd share in this post. And randomly, two books that always make me think of this month Anne of Green Gables and Attachments. Highly recommend both! Linking up with Joey for Stuff & Things.


1. Athleta Petite Length Tights/Leggings: I got these in the spring for my birthday and then it got too hot so I never really had a chance to wear them until recently, but they are the most amazing leggings + they're petite length so no weird scrunching at the bottom! I have a pair of the relay tight (here) and I think the other pair are the cozy drifter (similar), but I got them on a major sale and I don't think they make them anymore which is a shame because I love the pocket placing. Athleta is part of the Gap/Banana/Old Navy company so definitely watch special promos or check the sale section for new markdowns.

2. Old Navy Flannel Boyfriend Shirt: this is a shirt that I kind of want to buy a second one just in case something happens to the first. It's definitely oversized and probably not very flattering, but it's so comfortable-- I may have wore it twice in one week already.

3. We went apple picking over the weekend, so I'm freshly stocked with apples to make pies and crisps and cobblers and all of my favorite fall desserts.

4. I have still been (on and off) obsessively watching Gossip Girl, so I'm loving this Trendy Sparrow mug I got a few weeks (or months?) ago when she was having a sale. (reviewed a window opens in this post)

5. YSL Black Opium: I received this from Influenster to review and was so excited because I love a few of the YSL colognes, but this perfume is not for me! It's WAY too sweet & strong-- so I will be giving it to a friend to hopefully enjoy. It oddly reminds me of Bath & Body Works warm vanilla sugar, which is another scent that instantly gives me a headache. The fragrance notes are coffee accord, orange blossom, cedar wood essence, and patchouli essence. Also, wasn't crazy about the bottle design-- just not my style, I guess.

What have you been binge watching lately? Have you tried the new Black Opium fragrance by YSL? Are you a fan of apple things or do you prefer pumpkin? 

29 comments

  1. Apple picking is so fun, and all the apple treats that come afterwards are even better! I might need to try that Old Navy flannel shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving that ON shirt! So perfect! I haven't tried the new YSL fragrance yet but I'm not a fan of sweet scents so sounds like I won't like it! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have an ON plaid shirt im excited to bust out this weekend!! Ah sorry to hear you didn't like the fragrance but it's great you can gift it to a friend! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Anne of Green Gables this month, well all the time. She's just the best! Love your shirt, it looks pretty in the pictures and I'm sure it's flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm obsessed with Old Navy's boyfriend/plaid shirts. They really are the most comfortable things ever and you can't beat the price! I need those leggings, too - perfect for us shorties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so much more of an apple fan than a pumpkin fan! I have a whole bunch of apples I'm planning to make into an apple crisp this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am totally buying that mug and it will stand that I will forget where I got it from so please chime in if I don't tag you when I put it up on Instagram one weekend. It is freaking awesome.

    I have a few Old Navy plaids in my closet, perfect for weekend wear for me! I just got the Old Navy petite yoga pants - I'm 5'5 but their regular yoga pants trip me - good to hear the Athleta petite leggings are good too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also can't believe that it's October already! It keeps getting closer and close to Christmas, which I am perfectly fine with. I'm not too thrilled about the cold but I guess I have the same struggle every single year. Apple picking sounds like a lot of fun, I've never been so maybe I'll have to go this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ON always has great plaid flannel for great prices. I think I have 3 or 4 in my closet from there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i have never been apple picking but i would love to go! i want that old navy shirt. and those leggings. i want all the things. love that mug!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want that flannel!! Old Navy - here I come!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I went looking for those tights the dirt time you mentioned them.. No where to be found! :(

    The Old Navy Flannels are life!!!!!

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ahhh I need that mug! I love Gossip Girl and Blair is my favorite! It's my birthday tomorrow so I think that justifies me buying it, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that mug (and gossip girl!) Happy October!

    xo Chelsie @ Life with Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never been apple picking or any kind of fruit picking! lol Hope you get to make lots of yummy apple recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never been apple picking, and tbh, it's never what I think of when I think about fall -- I don't think it's as common around here!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loooooving that top. And the pants too! Thanks for sharing. I cannot wait to go apple picking in a few weeks. Feels like all my fall weekends are booked already but I am determined to fit in some apple picking!

    ReplyDelete
  18. October makes me want to do nothing but drink coffee and binge watch Gilmore Girls & Gossip Girl! You know, basically, all the GGs :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Apple picking sounds like so much fun!! I can't wait to do fall things when we head up to New England later this month! I have been watching GG on and off for a few months, but I really need to start binging hardcore :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I seriously need to make my way to Old Navy!! They are rocking it with the fall clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. what about... APPLE PUMPKIN!?!?! that's my fave <3

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am not a pumpkin person but I love apples. I got the Black Opium too, it is a little strong but I didn't mind the scent.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I know you've mentioned before that Athleta has petite leggings and I really need to check them out! Scrunching at the ankles is the worst.
    Ha I have an oversized flannel shirt from Forever21 that I feel the same way about...probably not very flattering but SO comfortable and I love it. I love the print of yours!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm going apple picking this weekend - I can't wait to make some apple butter and apple chips - yummm! Ohh I've never seen a flannel with that pattern, I really love the simple b&w thin stripes! Going to have to check out ON to see if we have it here!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I definitely can't wait to go apple picking to make some yummy foods! I've been seeing lots of tops from old navy that are must haves! So tempting to go on a shopping spree!

    ReplyDelete
  26. i want to do all the fall things! apple picking is at the top of my list.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love the Old Navy plaid shirts! They actually have color combinations that I like! I loveeee pumpkin stuff this time of year, but I've always wanted to go apple picking and haven't yet!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top