Dear Blog, I miss you.


TGIF! I really miss this little space of mine and I miss reading other blogs, but will hopefully catch up soon. As expected October is flying by and I'm dreading the cooler temperatures and nighttime coming so much earlier. There is one thing I'm looking forward to, and am already trying to find on the DVR.... Snow Bride! And other holiday movies. 

[above photos] 
My nails were the longest they have EVER been... and then one broke and that was the end of that. I finally splurged on the original Naked palette after seeing Nadia's post on this look. So far sin, half baked, and naked are my favorite shades! I finally had to repurchase my foundation. I had been switching between the studio skin and NARS sheer glow (which I also love), but this one still looks the same after 12 hours. 
----
One day when walking across town, the quickest route took me right past the White House so I took a quick snap. Even though I don't find the White House that impressive anymore, it was a nice reminder to just stop and appreciate things in life, you know? Like it being normal to just quickly pass by the White House while rushing to lunch... The National Gallery of Art is probably my favorite museum in all of DC. It's one of my happy places and I think I could go every single day and never get bored (and the gift shops are epic!). Despite not knowing a ton about art, I love the architecture and browsing the American galleries (the  French Impressionism is a close second) and. Allies Day, May 1917 (shown below) is probably my favorite painting of all. 
 [photos below] 



That about wraps up some pretty random thoughts/favorites today! I hope you guys all had a good week and have a wonderful weekend.

26 comments

  1. I've missed reading your blog posts so I hope you're back :) Your phone case is so cute, and that nail polish color is gorgeous! I haven't been to DC yet, but I think it would be a fun place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Glad you're back! And loving that nail polish you have on in that pic, so pretty! The original Naked palette is still my fav by far! Happy Friday girl! <3, Pamela Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. the original naked is the BEST! glad you're back :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiiiiii! Welcome back! I know we already chatted a bit about the Naked Palette but I'm so glad you're loving it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the nail polish color. I was driving through the city the other day because I had an appointment and I was stopped at a red light right at the Lincoln memorial and totally took a snap too. Sometimes it's easy to forget how beautiful DC is since we're just trying to get home or to work or to happy hour.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heeyyy!! I missed you here in blog land! I think I really just need to jump in full-force and buy a Naked palette. Can we also talk about how awesome your phone case is?! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Carly! We miss you too!!! Have a fabulous weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Naked palettes are the best! I have the 3 and love it!
    www.amemoryofus.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to see you back.
    My nails never last when they grow. & they all seem to break & crack at the same time. I don't get it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Missing you too girl! Hope life has been treating you well. Love that painting as well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh hey you! hope all is well :) miss you! what is snow bride? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Buck is my favorite shade in the Naked palette! It's just too good for life! Miss your blog, glad your coming back!

    xo, Chelsie

    ReplyDelete
  13. The original naked palette has the best colors in my opinion. I also have Naked 2 but I feel like it has too many pink shades. Half baked is one of my faves too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that's so neat that you walk by the White House! And that palette has such pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Glad you're back! I used to feel the same way about the Sears (Willis) Tower when we lived in Chicago. We lived on the same street as it, just a mile down so obviously saw it all the time but sometimes it was nice to appreciate it for what it was! Definitely don't have those views anymore ha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have the OG Naked pallet too... it's my favorite of the collection! So buttery and pigmented... I don't even use any other pallets now!
    MISSING YOU HERE!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always get so happy to see your name pop up in my feed or inbox! :)
    I never got the Naked palette but I have the Naked 2. I don't wear much eye makeup these days on a day-to-day basis, but it is seriously perfect for any kind of look I want to create when I do get a little fancy.
    That painting is lovely. I really owe my own local museums a visit. After this marathon I'm going to have to do something to fill all my new-found free time right? Haha thanks for the activity inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so looking forward to all the holiday movies coming back! Love that nail color. welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just moved to downtown DC and I've taken a blogging break as well while I got settled. I am right there with you.
    I think the museums are the best parts of DC - it's easy to take all the sights for granted so I'm glad you took the time to appreciate all that DC has to offer.

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want the original Naked Palette too. I just don't know how to apply eyeshadow like you do though. I don't get too adventurous :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ooh I love that cactus phone case, and the painting is GORGEOUS. I was an art history major for a little while, so I just love to visit art museums where I live and when I travel. This painting is great, I've never seen it before, but I love it instantly. Hoping to visit DC someday soon. My inlaws are actually there right now. :) Also, girl after my own heart... made for tv holiday movies are one of my favorite things everrrrrr. Seriously, can't stop, won't stop. Snow Bride like Debbie Macomber's book? Or something else? XO -Alexandra

    Simply Alexandra: My Favorite Things

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Carly, I miss YOU! I love your outfit and your nails, and the snaps from the White House and art gallery. Ben and I love visiting art museums in all the cities we go to but I don't think we've ever been to any in DC...probably because we've never been to DC for anything more than quick trip for a concert or a ballgame. I haven't played tourist in DC since I was in middle school but I want to change that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top