What's Happening on My Desk


So its been a while, but I was reorganizing my desk/makeup situation last week and thought I would take a few pictures to show my finished project. I've gone through a bunch of different storage options while trying to figure out the most practical and functional way to store my makeup items and this is what I'm currently working with (when I don't leave my makeup shoved into my travel makeup bag).



I got the two storage pieces on Amazon and the little lipstick holder from TJ Maxx or Marshall's-- you can find all kinds of pieces like that at either of those places if you're looking for something.


The three drawers aren't too full but from left to right (top to bottom) here's what I keep in them....

1. Any single eyeshadow products and a gel eyeliner that I almost never use because I'm awful at applying eyeliner. A few of the L'Oreal Infallible Shadows, a couple of Urban Decay shadows, and two cream shadows.

2. The middle drawer is all about the powders (and one cream blush). The four products closest to the front are the ones I use the most-- Smashbox Blush in chiffon, Smashbox Bronzer in bronze lights, Bobbi Brown Setting Powder in pale yellow, and Milani Baked Blush in luminoso.

3. The bottom drawer is a bit of a hot mess... in the back I have a few products I should probably just throw away because they're so old (a Bobbi Brown highlighter and my Benefit Brow Zing...), towards the front I keep my deluxe samples and some other products I'm not currently using (It Cosmetics Bye Bye Under Eye and MUFE Loose Setting Powder).


In the compartment on the left I keep my foundations, a primer, a setting spray, my brow powder, the bronzer & highlighter I'm currently using, my Z palette with my MAC eyeshadows in it.

In the other two compartments that you can see in the main photo above I keep my mascara, eyelid primer, brow wiz pencil, my favorite concealer, a couple of lip liners, and a Tarte palette. On top of the drawers I have my naked basics palette, a couple of lip balms, and my "fancy" lipsticks.

I used to have an overflow makeup container, but I realized it was pointless and wasteful and now I really do try and just stick to things that I use regularly. I'll be honest the one thing I didn't get around to organizing is the rest of my lip products that are literally shoved into a bath & body works candle holder.

How do you organize your lip products? Do you keep your makeup sitting out or keep it in a makeup bag?

24 comments

  1. I've had that organizer on my list for awhile, but just can't pull the purchase trigger. You have everything organized so well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of your organization. I don't have the space in my bathroom to do this so everything sits in a makeup bag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your organizational skills! I've actually decided to purge a lot of my makeup and just go back to the basics. It was a fun hobby for a while, but I'm finding that I just don't use most of it, and I definitely don't have the space to store it all in our tiny little apartment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the same holder for my lipsticks - although the mac ones don't fit well enough! I need something like what you have for the larger stuff! Great post girl - these are always my favorite! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you for having your makeup so organized! I'm very guilty of just shoving it all in my makeup bag and then spending solid 10 minutes looking for everything when I need it. I've decided to help my cause by not making any new purchases until I run out, because things were getting out of control lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a great post! I'm always interested to see how others organize their makeup - you have a good system setup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your organization system. Those clear acrylic drawers are so perfect; I use similar ones and a 12-spot lipstick holder and that still doesn't cover it—the rest of my lip products have a drawer because I'm obsessed with lip colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently organized all my make up and I love looking at it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got an acrylic drawer set last year and I love it. I'm definitely missing it now since I didn't bring it with me this summer! There's a shelf part on the top with slots for things like mascara and it also has like 9 lipstick spaces. I love having everything right there and neatly and compactly organized.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The one thing I miss about living in our old house is my makeup storage/mirror area. I have everything shoved in a drawer right now, and it's totally a mess haha! This looks great, and I love how the storage is see-through so you can really find everything.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how everything is out where you can see it and you don't have SO many products that you will actually utilize what you have. My kinda play station :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great storage area! I love that it is clear so you can see everything!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I want to do this! I keep mine in a travel bag and it's really not my favorite! I may need to purchase some of those organizers!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I need to do this SO badly! My makeup is all over the place and I don't use half of it for that reason. Off to check out Amazon now!

    ReplyDelete
  15. love your organisation! so much makeup :) i have one very small holder thingy and it has everything i own, lol. i don't own a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those acrylic organizers are everything! I don't know what I'd do without my drawers, and I'm loving your sets :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love it! I have a similar set up on my vanity, but I'm a makeup hoarder (there, I said it!) so I recently got a drawer set to put under my desk.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this organizer you have. I'm wondering if all my makeup would fit into it but the drawers look like they add extra storage.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have two sets of those drawers and I love them! Such a great purchase since they were only $15 each! I'd really like to get a lip one next since it might encourage me to wear more of my lipsticks if I have them out on display. I've been planning on doing a similar post soon but my bathroom is so tiny it's hard to get everything in frame with my camera!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love my makeup don't wear it all the time only when I am going out shopping and such if I am at home doing nothing but blogging and watching telly I don't worry about it

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're so organized! I have mine all sitting out but then don't have a bag big enough to carry all my makeup with me. (I just got a whole bunch of new stuff) I need to get a new bag.

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are cute! Mine is organized but it's in those plastic tupperware drawer set things... and I too shove stuff into my makeup bag, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love those clear containers, I have a few myself. I keep my glosses in a makeup bag but my lipsticks in one of those organizers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top