Take Me to Wine Country


It's so sad to me that summer has already reached its final month. Where did June and July go? As ready as I am for boots and sweaters again, I wish warmer weather could stick around a little bit longer (or forever). I shouldn't write summer off quite yet because there are still a couple of weeks left and Eight Hundred Grapes is definitely a book you should still add to your summer reading list.



The first time I heard about this book was when I was browsing the book options for the BookSparks Summer Reading Challenge. It sounded interesting, and I'll be honest, the cover appealed to me so I added it to one of the books I requested. A bit later I started seeing the book pop up everywhere and I was so thankful it was one of the books I picked. After I read it I was even more thankful because it was so enjoyable!

There is a lot going on-- there's Georgia's story, the story of her parents, the story with her brothers, the story with the vineyard... it didn't bother me because I was actually interested in all of the different storylines, and that rarely happens with books. The ending was super predictable within the first few chapters, but it really didn't take away from how cute it was / how much I enjoyed the book. The book never went too far into any of the details of winemaking, but I loved the setting-- which I think was part of the original appeal to me when choosing to read this book.

Eight Hundred Grapes is the perfect beach read and I could see it being made into a really cute chick flick one day. I liked the characters so much that it's a book where I would love for there to be a sequel to see what happens after the final pages.

-----

I'm about a month (or two?) late on this, and I'm so behind on my reading goals that the last thing I need to do is attempt another reading challenge, but I really can't say no, so check out my preliminary list for the Literary Ladies Book Club Summer Reading Challenge. I need help with a few of the categories, so stop by and let me know your suggestions!

I'm linking up with Chelsie for Chapter Chats-- stop by and see what other bloggers have been reading!

What's left on your reading list for the last few weeks of summer?

26 comments

  1. I saw that book randomly and almost picked it up. Now I have to, thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I downloaded Eight Hundred Grapes to read on the plane tomorrow and I can't wait to start it!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wish I would have read this before vacation last week! I needed another good beach read. But I'm going to order a copy anyway! Love your book reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I definitely will add this to my list. My ever growing list! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm slowing reading this book, not because it's boring, just having a hard time finding the time! And it's so good so far!
    Ally- Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been hearing so much about this book lately that it's been added to my 'must read' list! Although it'll probably be a fall read - I'm in the middle of All the Light We Cannot See right now and I think it's going to take me the rest of the summer, haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read the book in like 3 days which is fast for me - really enjoyed it!! xo, biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's definitely a cover that appeals to me and then after reading the reviews from several bloggers it's been added to my TBR!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh! This sounds like such a cute book - I bought a Kindle a few weeks ago, so I've been reading more than ever lately. I'll definitely add this to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard good things about this book. I will check it out after I am done with my books for the book club.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooh chapter chats, what a fun link up. this book is on my list, i've heard so many good things and you're right, that cover is so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I started this and then another book at the same time. The other book won out but I need to finish this! Now let's go to wine country for reals! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've never seen that book but I'd be really interested to read it! I'll have to see if my local library has it. I've been such a slacker when it comes to books so I really need to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I keep hearing about this book, I think it's time to add it to my kindle! And I couldn't agree with you more on being sad summer is almost over and wanting the warm weather to stay :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is on my Amazon wish list and I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I want to finish the books I declared I would read for the Literary Ladies Summer challenge, but there are definitely some summer reads I want to get done too. I have to pick up the pace :) I actually just added the audiobook version of this title to my library queue, so hopefully I'll have access to it in a few days!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never heard of this book before - I'm going to see if I can find it from the library since I'll be back up at the cottage this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Okay, I'm so adding this to my to-read list! Maybe I can squeeze it in next week while we're at the beach house! Thanks for linking up, girl!

    xo, Chelsie @ Life with Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the suggestion!

    xo Franchesca |City Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmm ... I saw this book featured on LibraryReads.org recently! (They feature 10 upcoming releases each month that have been recommended by librarians across the country.) Maybe I'll have to add it to my list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  21. That book sounds great! Thanks so much or the recommendation, I just added it to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is on my list to read soon so glad you liked it. So many challenges so little time!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I have seen this and wondered if it was good. Might have to pick it up soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top