Favorites [June 2015]


I meant to have this post done in time to link up with Mia and Kelli last week, but that obviously didn't happen so here it is a few days late!

I was starting to run low on my Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation and wanted to try something a little bit different for summer so I went with the Nars Sheer Glow and I am obsessed. I have it in the color punjab, which is a little bit lighter than the Smashbox foundation (2.2), but it's still yellow/warm enough to not make me feel washed out. In the past I've used the sheer matte foundation and didn't love it, but sheer glow is a million times better. It gives light to medium coverage and makes you skin look healthy without looking shiny.

I have two seriously old NYX lip butters somewhere around the house, but it had been a while since I picked up a new one so when they were BOGO 50% off at Ulta I picked up two more. Maple Blondie is a new favorite lip product. It's a nice light pink that applies really evenly. The other shade I got was Peach Cobbler and the color is nice but it's really patchy and difficult to apply so I don't see myself using it very often.

Speaking of old products, I hadn't reached for my Pixie Brillance Balm in months, but I'm so glad I picked it up again because it's one of the best lip balms I've ever used. I have the shade unique pink which adjusts to your pH balance to give you the perfect pink-- I love the color it makes my lips and it feels extremely hydrating on the lips. The one downside is the cap always comes off, so it's not a great lip product to keep in your bag.

Next is the L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow in iced latte-- this is somewhat of a loose pigment so it's slightly more work then just a regular pressed shadow which is why I don't use it more often, but every single time I use it I love how it looks and I always get compliments on my eyes. (see a swatch here, it has some serious shimmer!)

The last makeup product is the highlight color in the MUFE Sculpting Dup #2-- I like the bronzer too, but I LOVE the highlight color. It makes you glow without being glittery or shimmery, so it gives off a natural highlight-- though it is really gold. I usually just use my fingers to apply it and blend it in!

In a last minute failed attempt to find a swimsuit at Target before going to the beach a few weeks ago I came across this cute coverup. I couldn't find any trace of it online, but you might still be able to find it at your Target store.

What have you been loving so far this summer?

31 comments

  1. That Mermaid at heart cover up is super cute! I'll keep that foundation in mind when I go to buy some. I am trying to use up what I have before I purchase any more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the MUFE bronzer and highlight!! Ive been wanting to get one for some time! Also how cute is that tank :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The butter glosses are seriously the best - I just rediscovered two of mine and I'm so happy I found them!! So happy to hear you love the foundation - I'll have to try that one next!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. That mermaid top is something I really need!!!!! It would go perfect with my beach vacay next week! You just reminded me to do my June favorites! I am having serious brain farts over here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many goodies here! I remember loving that NARS foundation years ago, but I think I had to stop using it because it broke me out. I am loving the lip butters lately, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never tried NARS foundation, but I know their tinted moisturizer is very good! I'd be curious to try it out. Also I've never tried anything from Pixie, but that brilliance balm sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those L'oreal eye shadows. You are right though that they are a bit more difficult to apply than a pressed shadow, but the shades are great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute cover up! I haven't tried that L'Oreal shadow, but I'll definitely check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want that highlighter... I need something that make my face brighten so badly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always heard so many amazing things about the NARS Sheer Glow - that will definitely have to be one I try out. Sounds like it would be a great finish/formula for winter when my skin is a bit more dry. I can't seem to keep away from my IT CC cream right now but I really need to finish up my Infallible foundation! The Infallible shadows are really such a pretty finish - perfect for getting that glowy look for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I want that beach coverup! *heart-eyed emoji* hashtag mermaid dreams

    ReplyDelete
  12. The eye shadow sounds like something I'd like to try! Obsessed with that cover up! Target gets me every time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. If you like that NARS foundation, try the new one. The luminous weightless one. I used to use the sheer glow all of the time until I tried the luminous one. That cover up is cute and I still need to try the NYX butter gloss some time!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the cover up! i'll have to check out the maple blondie next time i get a nyx gloss!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the L'Oreal shadows; I used Amber Rush on a general basis and just picked up an ice pink one today to experiment with! Also, loveee the Maple Blondie NYX gloss; also adore the one in creme brulee! Great picks, girl!

    xo, Chelsie

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I'm going to try the Nars Sheer Glow foundation this fall. Right now, I'm using Hourglass CC cream for something light during the summer and I love it, but the Nars is definitely on my list.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The mermaid tank is super cute and I'm a huge fan of NYX lip butters. I have it in three colors and it's seriously my go-to lip color.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love NYX lip butter! I'll have to check out the Smashbox foundation. It sounds really good.

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. You can never go wrong with the NYX lip butters - especially for that price! The mermaid coverup is too adorable. Hope you guys had a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  20. OMG I need that tank! SO cute! And I keep hearing so many amazing things about the NYX lip butters. I just need to give in and get one... or two!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  21. That is the cutest coverup!
    I've been thinking about trying some MUFE products--I never have!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I need that tank/coverup! I'm obsessed with mermaids. Super cute.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Always love reading your blog : ) I love the nyx butter glosses! I have the Strawberry Parfait one and it's perfect for the summer time!

    Ashley

    dontcoralwithme.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. that shadow is my go-to when idk what i want to wear. love the butter glosses. i have way too many.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I need to try one of the NYX butter glosses! x

    ReplyDelete
  26. That cover up is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I have had that Loreal color in my hand at least five different times at the store and have always put it back for whatever reason. Clearly I need to pull the trigger next time! I haven't tried and of the Pixie stuff before but I always see it at Target. I need to check it out! Love that cover up!

    ReplyDelete
  28. NARS can do no wrong, I'll have to check out their sheer glow!

    Happy Friday <3

    ReplyDelete
  29. I use the same NARS foundation and I love it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top