Pass or Purchase Again? [vol 3]


Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a good weekend-- we've hit what finally feels like some summer temperatures, but I'm enjoying the heat. I've accumulated a few more empties so I thought I would share them in today's post. I have a few book related posts and a New Orleans recap in the works that will hopefully be up in the next couple of weeks!

The Body Shop Peach Body Scrub: This was in a disappointing product post, and I actually spilled half of it when I first got it. I used the rest of it up and it actually wasn't that bad. The scent was disappointing, but it was gentle on the skin which was a plus. Will pass.

Urban Decay De-slick Setting Spray: I loooove this spray and repurchased it before I ran out, just so I had a backup on hand. My skin isn't that oily anymore, but I still enjoy this version because you can use it before you apply your makeup as well as a setting spray and some days I'm too lazy to take the time to apply a primer but I'll spritz a little of this on after my moisturizer and before my foundation and I feel like it gives me a nice smooth surface.

Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray: I liked this-- I really couldn't tell a difference between this and de-slick, and it was nice to have the mini bottle for traveling. When I run out of my next bottle of de-slick I think I'm going to try the chill hydrating and cooling version.

MAC Brush Cleaner: I love this stuff-- it makes a world of difference when it comes to washing foundation brushes. Will repurchase!

Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion+: This was a great winter moisturizer when my skin was super dry. I don't know that there's anything special about it, but it's non-irritating and non-greasy so I'm a fan. I repurchased the gel version for the summer.

Josie Maran Cleansing Oil: You might remember this stuff from my best of 2014 post, so you'll be surprised to hear I'm NOT repurchasing it again. I have a love/hate relationship with it-- love the product hate the packaging. This is the second bottle I've had that leaks and not only is it wasteful (it's expensive!) it's an oil so it's a huge mess. If it ever gets repackaged I will definitely

Benefit Hoola Bronzer: LOVE this bronzer. As you can see from below, it's not totally gone but it's so old it's time for it to hit the bucket. I have a few other bronzers I'm using and loving right now so I don't need another one, but this will be an eventual repurchase.

What products have you used up recently?

32 comments

  1. Ohh definitely going to have to check out that UD De-slicking spray. I still get oily in the summer since its so hot and humid down here! And definitely interested in that brozer... perfect for summer!!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you do these types of posts!! I definitely want to get some of that MAC Brush Cleaner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The deslicking spray sounds great for the humid nights of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dry so I haven't tried the deslick setting spray, but the all nighter is absolutely AMAZING. I use it every single day. I have wanted to try the Hoola bronzer, but didn't know if it was worth it. I might pick it up, now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The brush cleaner is the one you got me into and I love it!! I'm also a huge fan of Hoola - I ran out and need some more! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bronzer and the makeup brush cleaner sound right up my alley! I loved this post!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that UD setting spray, but I may have to try the cooling and hydrating version! Thanks for sharing your reviews and I hope that you had a nice weekend. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You just reminded me I need to clean my brushes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to try out the MAC brush cleaner! Keep hearing such good things about it! Also need to check out that bronzer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have heard great things on the Hoola bronzer. I tend to only use bronzer in the summer since I get so dark. I'll have to finally check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have the Skindinavia setting sprays and I really like them for summer but I'll probably purchase the UD ones when I run out since Sephora is much more convenient and I know they're actually made by Skindinavia. I keep my little bottle and refill it for when I travel! Such a bummer about that cleansing oil, I can imagine it's a nightmare to keep clean! I really wish Hoola came in a smaller package - those boxed powders take up so much real estate in my drawers!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was not really a fan of the Josie Maran line either!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you hate when the packaging sucks? I'm using a toner right now that I really do like but I can't stand the bottle in comes in! I feel like I waste so much of the product every time I use it! Still need to try Hoola... but I'm with you and have like 20 other bronzers so I need to stop buying them!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I sweaaaar by All Nighter, and need to repurchase STAT. Just nothing works quite like it! I haven't tried the De-Slick but have heard great things about it too for the oilier girls. I have pretty dry skin overall with a bit of a shiny T-zone so All Nighter works well over some translucent powder on that area. And that's way more than you ever asked or needed to know about my skin ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I use the Hoola bronzer and love the extra hint of color it gives to your face.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That bronzer is an oldie but a goodie. Love it! Bummer about the Josie Maran packaging. I hope they rethink it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love that setting spray, bronzer, and moisturizer!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've been meaning to try that Benefit bronzer forever! I need to just take myself to Sephora and get it! I just finished using up my Matrix Biolage shampoo, which I love but can only afford if my Hairstylist friend buys it for me at the salon warehouse. I found a big bottle of Healthy Sexy Hair Soy shampoo at Ross for 12 bucks, so I'm going to give that a go!

    xo, Chelsie @ Life with Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  19. I LOVE de-slick! I want to try the chilled one, too! I never thought of spraying it on my face before applying makeup! I wanted to love Hoola but it was too dark for my skin- everyone raves about it though! And I will be buying the brush cleaner! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I absolutely love this post. I find that I always almost never re-purchase high-end items. I love venturing around, especially if I'm paying over $15 for a product. Drugstore-- completely different story.

    Connie | Sponsored by Coffee | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  21. I will never understand why higher end brands don't focus more on functional packaging. What a bummer.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've always loved the UD setting sprays, but the drugstore has had so many good options lately that I haven't bought it in a while! I still need to get the MAC brush cleanser - I know so many of you are a fan of it.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I keep hearing good things about that bronzer! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've heard so many good things about the Hoola bronzer, but haven't tried it yet. I love Benefit's Coralista blush, so I can imagine I'd love the bronzer!

    xoxo
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've been looking for a good brush cleaner so I will definitely try MAC's!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really want to try the All Night Setting Spray, I feel like it would be great for summer time when my makeup disappears within a few hours! I'm slowly but surely using up the NARS Laguna bronzer that I have so my next bronzer might be the Hoola one, because I've heard you mention it a few times!

    ReplyDelete
  27. i should send you my hoola! lol. i liked it but i just felt like it didn't give me enough colour.. although, i go from pasty white to fake tan orange in a heartbeat, so maybe it's me and not the bronzer, lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. i love lists like these--really show you what works and what doesn't!

    ReplyDelete
  29. LOVE UD's setting spray, such a lifesaver especially in the FL heat. And I have the mini bottle for traveling too - perfect! And that Hoola looks amazing, love Benefit products :-D

    ReplyDelete
  30. I can't tell a difference in any of the UD setting sprays either, love them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. That Josie cleanser leaked for me, too! And the taste was AWFUL. I'd get small bits in my mouth. AWFUL!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top