Latest Lipgloss Obsession

bare minerals moxie lipgloss review


I don't know why my problem is with wanting to constantly buy eye shadow palettes when I don't even wear eye shadow all that often. During the Sephora VIB sale I caved and ordered the Stila 'eyes are the window' palette in soul after hearing so many good reviews. Sadly it arrived broken, but before exchanging it I swatched some of the colors and wasn't overly impressed. I took it as a sign I didn't really need it and just returned it instead.

Giving me the perfect excuse to get this cute little bareMinerals Moxie lipgloss trio. I had previously picked up spark plug per Katie's recommendation and was so in love with it that I wanted to try another shade right away. The next day Abby posted a face of the day & right away I noticed her lipgloss-- it was a moxie gloss... so that was the last little bit of convincing I needed.

spark plug: described as a dusty pink, but I found it to be more of a really brown or a really light brick color. I was a little bit scared by the amount of shimmer in it in the tube, but it doesn't show up very much on the lips and just gives the illusion of bigger lips. ($18 at Sephora or Ulta)

bare minerals moxie lipgloss set

The idea behind the bareMinerals GLOSS on the go double-ended lipgloss set is that one color is for daytime and the other is for night, as you can tell from the swatches I think they're all pretty appropriate for any time of the day. They aren't an opaque lip product so you really just get a wash of the color with an amazing shine that stays on your lips longer than most other lipgloss I've tried.

They all have a minty-vanilla scent that reminds me of the holidays-- in a good way, and they do give your lips a little bit of a tingling sensation, which makes you feel like maybe your lips are becoming more plump or pillowy, but really I think it's just the shine that gives the illusion of a fuller lip.

These are slightly tacky/sticky but they're super moisturizing and are longwearing compared to other lipglosses I've tried.

Are you a fan of the Moxie glosses? What's your go-to gloss?

26 comments

  1. These sound great - and the colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you get two in one - that is seriously a genius idea!!! Charmer and hot shot are probably my two favorite colors!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the double ended lip glosses! Such a great idea and it totally makes it worth the money! I think Show Off and Hot Shot are my two favorites!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh, I need this set!! Glad you're liking Spark Plug - you know it's my favorite! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE Moxie gloss. I think I need that Spark Plug!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These sound and look fantastic! I'm a big fan of the one Moxie lipstick that I have, so I'm sure I'd love these.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The colors are gorgeous! I don't wear a lot of lipgloss but these might change my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are fabulous colors, I really like the color Stunner :)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of those colors are so fabulous and wearable! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a simple girl... I use those little Vaseline things :) haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't tried them but I love the daytime colors. Will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As you know, I really love the Marvelous Moxie glosses, and now I NEED this set! How have I not seen this before?! What a great way to stock up on beautiful shades. Thanks for the great review!!

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loving the colors, I usually don't care for one or two in these sets but I love every single one! And bonus points for them being moisturizing. I find that glosses tend to be drying sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never bought a Moxie gloss before, but I love so many of these colors! I love gloss over lipstick, so this is definitely my kind of product to try!

    ReplyDelete
  15. YES!!! I love Moxie glosses too, they are the best. I have 2 at home, not sure the names though.

    ReplyDelete
  16. i rarely wear eyeshadow but i always want to buy them as well! lol. i will definitely be on the lookout for these lipglosses, the colours are gorgeous! i normally use the nyx butter glosses but i'm kind of over the colour selections i have right now!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh these look lovely! I'm usually not a lipgloss person but I like the tingling sensation from some lip products so these may be something I'd be willing to try. And besides, I have heard nothing but good things about Moxie glosses so I may pick one up on my next trip to Sephora. Great review!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loooooooove my bare mineral moxie glosses! Agree, they're sticky/tacky, but super comfortable on and longer wearing than most!

    ReplyDelete
  19. These lip glosses look so pretty! I haven't used a lip gloss in such a long time, mainly because they tend to be sticky and if the wind blows then my hair would always get stuck in it. Maybe I just need to explore more glosses, Charmer is my favourite one :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooohhhh, these look so good! I really like Spark Plug and Rebel! I haven't tried these but probably should toss all my gloss and get new. Great color choices Carly!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh good to know! I think I need those :) My go-to glosses are usually the Victoria's Secret ones.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really think I'd wear all of those colors except for the darkest shade of pink! #scaredycat

    ReplyDelete
  23. Girl, I hear you about the eyeshadow palette weakness! I finally caved and bought the UD Naked and am so so in love with it; all's I want to do is go back and buy 2 and 3! I keep reminding myself that I only really need one or two palettes for now, so not to waste my money on more eyeshadow, haha. I've been trying to embrace lip color more, so I'm glad you recommended this!

    xo, Chelsie

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm not usually one for lip gloss becaue Tyler hates it, but Rebel looks sooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I feel the same way about eye shadows too! I hardly wear the few I own and still want more lol... I really love the nars and Bobbi brown lip glosses I got. They are so pretty, feel great on th slips and give me plenty of color without the need of a lipstick underneath.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top