Dior Addict Fluid Stick: worth the splurge?

dior addict fluid stick, tiny pink
Apparently May is the month of lipgloss for me because I'm back with another lipgloss review! I randomly came across these lip products, and then of course did a bunch of googling before deciding to try one of the Dior Addict Fluid Sticks.

I really love lipsticks and lip crayons and liquid lipsticks, but I think the reason I started swaying back towards lipgloss is because it's so much easier. And even though I love the matte lip trend, having a glossy lip is more flattering on me because I have such small lips.

I picked up tiny pink from Sephora in the beginning of April and admittedly chose this shade over the other pink shades because I liked the name better. It's a light-medium pink with a creamy gloss finish-- no shimmer or glitter included.

It's described as a lip product that gives the finish of a gloss with the color of a lipstick-- but the coverage is somewhere in the middle. It's probably the nicest feeling product I've ever used on my lips-- it feels really hydrating and moisturizing and almost butter-like on the lips.

I was really happy with the amount of color it leaves on the lips and my favorite thing is that the color doesn't spread or bleed so I don't need to worry about a lipliner or being extra cautious when I'm applying it.

Do I think it was worth the splurge? Yes. 
Would I buy another color? Probably a red or darker shade for fall/winter. 
Would I buy every color? No. 

I was looking through my lip products to see what other product I have that's similar and the L'Oreal Color Riche Extraordinaire Lip Colors were the closest option.

These products are not dupes, I would say the L'Oreal lip product is actually more of a liquid lipstick with opaque coverage.

dior addict fluid stick, tiny pink
left swatch: tiny pink; right swatch: rose symphony
The L'Oreal Color Riche Extraordinaire Lip Colors retail for $9.99 and come in a variety of shades from pinks to reds to nudes to purples. The color pictured is rose symphony and I also have scarlet concerto (a deep red).

As you can tell from the wand, packaging, and swatch-- they look pretty similar! The L'Oreal has a little bit of glitter in it- though I don't find it obvious once it's applied to the lips. It also feels moisturizing and soft on the lips and gives great color.

I like both products, but I prefer the fluid stick because it sits better on the lips. I find the L'Oreal lip color to spread after its applied and it doesn't really lock into place like the fluid stick.

Have you tried either of these products?
What's your biggest splurge when it comes to lip products? 

19 comments

  1. I've never bought a Dior anything, but might give this lip gloss a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a huge gloss fan, but the way you described how it feels makes me want to try it! I love the color of both.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I prefer lipstick over lip gloss, but that product sounds very nice!! Thanks for sharing your review. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried either but I do like the color of the L'Oreal brand. I do have an addition to glosses!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried either the L'Oreal or the Dior, but I think they're lovely! I've been on a lipgloss kick lately and I *think* I've found my FAVORITES. Have you tried Laura Geller lip glosses? I feel like I've been on a major LG kick lately, but the lip glosses are simply to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a pretty colour gloss! It reminds me of NYX Apple Strudel which is one of the only lip glosses I actually wear. I hate when lip gloss seems to move towards the outer edges of the lips, so this sounds like a great formula!

    ReplyDelete
  7. pretty colors! I'm trying really hard to get better about wearing lip color, so thanks for the suggestion!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great review, girl! I've always wondered about those lippies, so maybe I'll have to treat myself one of these days and get one. Love the pink color that you picked out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really pretty color but is the texture sticky? Some of the shiny ones can me too sticky for my liking.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive been obsessed with the YSL stains lately but now you have me wanting to try these! Love that color too, so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never heard of this but now I want to try it! I love that color. You can't go wrong with anything by Dior :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colour and the packaging is pretty nice too <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have literally never bought anything Dior lol. that colour is so pretty! and I love your honesty in your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lip color in GENERAL is one of my weaknesses... I feel like I can NEVER have enough. I have yet to own a Dior one though. I love this color!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this colour but have never bought anything Dior before. I might just have to try it though!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to look into that Dior stick... I am a total lipgloss person so this sounds like it would be right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've actually been gravitating back towards glosses, too, and it's surprised me! I like the matte trend, but like you, I have tiny lips and it just never looks flattering on me. I also have very "lined" lips, so the gloss just helps make everything look fuller!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love my lipgloss and lipstick, never tried Dior through, so I'm totally going to check it out now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top