Four Hits & One Miss


Another week of the year has quickly passed us by! I'm so thankful the weekend is here and am looking forward to enjoying some of the cherry blossoms this weekend. Spring is my favorite season-- especially spring in DC. I've had a few good finds recently so I thought I would share them in today's post!

1. I have a ton of bathing suits pinned on my wishlist board, and this is one I never would have picked had I only seen it online, but I saw it walking through Lord & Taylor a couple of weeks ago and loved it. My only hope is that the orange color doesn't bleed onto the cream crochet.

2. I had to return a shirt at Forever 21 (on a Saturday when the line was practically weaved throughout the entire store) and didn't want to be left with a store credit so I quickly picked up these shorts and was amazed at how nicely they fit-- and they actually seem like quite nice quality for F21. The good thing about being short is that they still come down to just about my fingertips, so they're not inappropriately short. Now just to get my legs into shorts shape!

3. I've had my eye on this Bauble Bar necklace for the past few months so when I saw it was on sale + an additional 20% off I scooped it up right away. It's hard to tell from the photo, but there's a really tiny crescent moon on the chain.

4. I was searching high and low for the perfect summer chambray and finally Target came through with the perfect option! I wanted one that was more relaxed, but all of the ones I tried were way too baggy through the body.

and the miss....

5. I'm not a huge Body Shop fan, but I've wanted to try their Vineyard Peach Scrub for ages-- how good does that sound like it would smell? When I was running low on my other scrub and they were having a sale I ordered it only to be so disappointed! It kind of smelled like peach, but more like cardboard. Aside from the scent, I didn't think it was all that great anyway, but I figured I would use it up since I had it.... that was until I dropped the entire thing, upside down, and over half of it literally went down the drain. I was upset and a little relieved all at the same time.

Have you discovered any new favorites while shopping recently? Any great scrub recommendations?

Also, I ended up taking actual pictures of everything but didn't end up having time to upload them before I wanted this post to go up- this week has been a little crazy. I hope everyone has a great weekend!

[linking up for friday favorites, oh hey friday, TGIF hop, Little Friday, and High Five for Friday]

30 comments

  1. I love the grapefruit scent at Body Shop! I will also have to go to Target this weekend! I've been looking for a chambray shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ewww cardboard when you expected peach, not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've picked up some great things recently! Love all your clothing finds - your chambray shirt would look killer with those shorts. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes - I'm sad the scrub didn't work for you although I really haven't tried any of their products!! That bathing suit is so pretty - I hope you get it and if the color does run well then that's grounds for a return and refund! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is exactly why I'm not a fan of The Body Shop either - along with back when I was in college, I used one of their face creams and it messed me up so bad I had to go to the dermatologist! Loving those shorts and definitely a perk of being short!! I have a gift card to spend there so maybe I'll scoop them up, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bathing suit is so pretty! I hope the orange doesn't bleed either. Love that Bauble Bar necklace too! So simple and dainty! Have a great weekend girl!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  7. ugh that sucks about the body shop scent.. i've never had any luck with them so i stay far away. those shorts are super cute - i hate having a store credit at forever 21, their return policy sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those Baublebar sales are the BEST. I picked up a bar necklace for like $20 a while ago and I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those shorts! What size did you get? Not that I'm thinking about buying them or anything....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those shorts are so cute. I'm always curious what kind of shirt to wear with them though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the shorts! Super cute. I'm more of a Bath and Body works fan. Usually their stuff smells really great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That suit is so pretty. I haven't tried the scrub but the lotions are usually much better. Bummer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a bummer about the scrub. I recently tried one of their coconut scrubs and my arms were super irritated afterwards! Love the necklace, though :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That suit is fabulous! And Target has been so on point lately! I'll have to go shopping soon!
    Have a great weekend my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's so disappointing about that scrub (the smell and dropping it haha). I usually love the Body Shop, but I will steer clear there. That suit is seriously the cutest thing - I might need to do some more pre-honeymoon shopping soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh bummer about the scrub :/ I actually love everything I've tried from The Body Shop but I'll probably steer clear of that scrub now! I'm currently using a Yes To scrub from the Coconuts line and I like it okay. It's a little bit too wet for me, but it works well still and is probably a more comfortable consistency for most people.
    Those shorts are so beyond cute! I need to find ones like that for this summer; I had to get rid of all my fun shorts from previous years because running had made my butt and legs so much bigger hahaha. And I NEED to finally pull the trigger and get a chambray shirt. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm a little sad but also pretty happy that the Body Shop scrub is your "miss"- that's actually been the one product I've wanted for a really long time, but I can never justify purchasing body care products (not sure why). Good to know I don't need it anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those shorts are so cute! I always have the exact opposite problem when I'm shopping - I'm tall so everything that is already made short is waaaaaay too short for me to even think about wearing in public. That's too bad about the Body Shop scrub! I'm a HUGE fan of the Soap & Glory Sugar Crush scrub and the Tree Hut Shea Sugar scrubs - both smell incredible and work really well for me! I found the Tree Hut one at Walmart in the US and it's like $5.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have a ton of swim suits on my list too! Time to make some decisions soon, summer is right around the corner woot!! Love the one you found!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those shorts are adorable and I love the back to that bathing suit! So cute! I love the idea of maybe putting the chambray shirt with those shorts!

    ReplyDelete
  21. It's too bad that The Body Shop scrub didn't work for you! I really like a lot of products from there but I've never tried the scrub, and I think now I definitely won't. I'm curious to try making my own scrub, I feel like that would be easy to do and perfect for the upcoming warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh those shorts are such a good buy! The print is amazing!
    And shame about the body scrub. I hate when a product you wait ages for doesn't live up to the hype. My favorite scrub is by Soap and Glory - you should try their sugar crush scrub - it's done wonders for my skin!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute finds! I really love those shorts. I'm sorry about the scrub. That's a bummer! But four outta five aint too bad.

    ReplyDelete
  24. That bathing suit top is super cute and I love the strappy back!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The shorts are adorable. Love them! And I have that chambray top too, and I wear it so much! So comfy. I love the popover shirt style. Hope you're having a great week, and thanks for linking up at H54F!!

    Katie @ Cup of Tea

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good old Target. They always have something cute (and inexpensive). I am using a Body Butter from The Body Shop right now that I love! I got it as a gift and it's great to moisturize my feet before bed.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Boo cardboard smelling scrubs. That's so unfortunate. I LOVE H2O's body scrub; I first discovered it while on a cruise and now, when I smell it, I just think about the ocean!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love those shorts! Definitely a great find in replace of the shirt!
    xo Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  29. It's too bad that peach scrub was a bust :( I've still never bought anything from the Body Shop. That swimsuit is SUPER cute! If I could just lose a little weight, I'd totally want one like that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top