Pass or Purchase Again?

It has been over a year since I've posted about my recent empties, but I love reading Nadia's trash talk posts so I thought I'd reintroduce some empties into the blog. This is also good motivation to use up products I have and a good way to review products that I liked even if they weren't favorite material.





Clinique Acne Solutions Toner: I got this with the acne solutions starter kit, the toner is the only thing I've used up and I really like using it on my t-zone. It's a little too drying to use on the other parts of my face but I would probably repurchase this if you could just get the smaller size bottle without having to buy the entire kit.

MAC Prep & Prime in Light Boost: This isn't even empty but I've had this for over two years and it just won't run out. Because it's a product I use so close to my eyes I figured it was time to get rid of it because of how old it is. Considering how much product is in this tiny little tube it's an amazing value, plus it's a really good yellow toned brightening highlighter. I'll get another one in the future, but with a few other products to use up first, I'm not in a big rush.

Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair: I like using this on the ends of my hair when it's damp, but I really prefer to use it on dry hair on day two or three after I've washed it if the ends are extra dry. I have a second little bottle of this to use, but I honestly think the regular Argan Oil would work just as well and that one serves more of a multi-purpose, so I think I'll pass on this once I use up the other bottle.

D&G Rose The One: My mom got me this perfume a couple of years ago, and it's such a beautiful floral scent that I was sad to use up- I have a few other perfumes I'm working my way through and a few others I'd like to try first, but eventually I would love to own this fragrance again.

St Tropez Tanning Mousse: This lived up to all of the hype and as soon as I finished this little bottle from the starter kit, I purchased the full-size. It's not very dark at all once the color shield washes off-- I can notice a difference but I don't think anyone else has ever noticed when I've used it-- which works because I'm not looking for a super dramatic tan, just something I can use to add a little bit of color to my neck and upper body during the winter.

Mario Badescu Aloe Vera Toner: I finally used this up after a little over a year and I liked it, but realized it was drying out my skin because it contained alcohol. After doing a little research and talking to Katie, I think the new version of this is alcohol-free? If so, I might give it a try again in the future.

shop the products



Overall, I liked all of these products. My favorite was easily the self tanning mousse but the perfume and highlight pen are the other two I would highly recommend.

28 comments

  1. It never occurred to me before but I just read something this week and now this — I should totally use oil on the ends of my hair! I only wash it 2, sometimes 3 times a week and for the most part it's in great shape, except for the ends. My hair's just way too long for those natural, good oils to reach the ends of my hair. Thanks for reminding me. Might start with tea tree oil and see how that works...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are not the first person to comment on their love for the St. Tropez mouse. I will definitely be checking that out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep hearing great things about St. Tropez. Sounds like just the answer for my pale skin!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can purchase the Clinique toner separate of the kit!! I agree, it's super drying, but it works so much better than anything else I've tried!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay!!! i absolutely LOVE these kinds of blogs - and it encourages me to keep pushing through with using up my products!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've also used argan oil in the winter when my hair is complete static. I've never used that brand only Garnier but it worked pretty well! I'm always looking for good self-tanners so I'll have to look in St. Tropez. I've used L'Oreal and Jergens. These posts are always so helpful because it gives you suggestions for things similar to what you use and is gives you warning of things to probably stay away from. Thanks for sharing hun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard so many great things about the St Tropez tanner. I really need to buy that for the winter! And I'm definitely going to have to check out that D&G scent! It sounds perfect for spring!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great product reviews, girl! I've always heard good things about that St. Tropez tanner - I may have to actually try it this year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fragrance sounds so good!!! I have been so tempted with the St. Tropez bronzer and I'm happy to hear it's not dramatic...no one wants an orange look! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  10. hmmm that hair stuff is really intriguing, and i have never thought to use oil on the ends a day or two after washing... very interesting! and i have been thinking about trying the st tropez stuff, i am so pale right now it's scary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm in need of a good self tanner. Ok. So you'd recommend St. Tropez before vacation, etc?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I need to start using self tanner. I feel like the Spring is just going to hit us and I am going to have whip out my ghost white legs with no notice. I have to get prepared. Great tip! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We never used to be able to get St. Tropez easily in Canada, but now that it's in Sephora I think I'm going to try it to compare the the St. Moritz I've used for the past few years. It's quite a bit more pricey but sometimes you get what you pay for! I've added Light Boost to my list for when I finish up my maybelline highlighting concealer! Thanks so much for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. MUST try St. Tropez next! The wipes I have are awesome on faces but I cannot for the life of me end up without streaks on my arms and neck. Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really want to try the St. Tropez! I've been looking at it for two years now and never pulled the trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really need to bust out my self-tanner since I am getting super pale this Winter. I think it's a sample of the St. Tropaz too. Score! Argan Oil is so good for your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The perfume is such a beautiful scent <3

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for this! there are a couple products on here i've been wanting to try, and this definitely narrows it down :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I felt the same way about the Josie Maran hair oil - the regular argan oil works just as well and is much more of a multipurpose product! Glad you're loving the St. Tropez, I need to break mine back out with our vacation coming up!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I use oils in my hair. Its just the best! I can believe your prep and prime lasted two years. Thats great even though I agree it was probably time to throw it out.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I use the MB Aloe Vera toner and haven't noticed it drying at all, so maybe they did reformulate this without alcohol. I would recommend giving it one more try -- I really love using this at night to make sure I have all my makeup off. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the idea of this post! It's awesome to get your opinions on these products after you have used the majority of it! That tanning mouse sounds divine; I will definitely look into getting it!

    xo, Chels

    ReplyDelete
  23. I haven't tried that oil yet, but I've been obsessed with them lately so it's great to hear your thoughts after using it awhile. Also, thanks for co-hosting such a great giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've been wondering about the MB products for awhile now so I'm glad you shared that!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These are the kind of posts I NEED in my life! I always hate to try a new beauty product without hearing others opinions! Don't go another year before posting one of these ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Amazing how long the Prep and Prime has lasted you! Although I would probably get rid of it at this time as well, it's annoying that beauty products actually have expiry dates aha!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've heard that St. Tropez is awesome. I want to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  28. i swear by st tropez. jergens has a new one i'm testing that is like it. loving it so far!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top