Up Next (to read)


These are the books that are up next on my to-read list-- kind of. I guess a more accurate title would be the books that are currently on hold from the library. A few of them I have hundreds (literally) of people in front of me, so hopefully I'll read a few other books in-between. But nonetheless, here are six books I'm looking forward to reading soon.


The Girl on the Train: I had no idea what this book was about, but saw so many people talking about it that I had to put it on hold- I clearly wasn't the only one with this idea because there were almost 700 people before me when I put it on hold. Have you read it? Is it worth the hype?

Girl in Translation: This is a book I probably would have never gravitated towards but it kept coming up as a recommendation when I would rate other books that I really liked.

What Alice Forgot: I still need to review Big Little Lies, I wasn't so sure about that one at first but loved it in the end and am excited to read another Liane Moriarty book.

The Paying Guests: This one is in the same realm as The Girl on the Train, in the sense that I first wanted to read it based on it getting so much hype.

The Silkworm: I liked The Cuckoo's Calling, I didn't love it, but I liked it and I still really want to read this one to see what old Cormoran Strike is up to next.

Ugly Love: I heard about this book from Kay and am hoping I get the chance to read it before the book club! I've also heard good things about Colleen Hoover from Joey so I'm really excited for this one!

I have quite a few books from NetGalley I need to read as well-- but hopefully I'll have reviews on them coming soon!


Also in exciting book news, Joey's book Yeah, Maybe is on sale this week on amazon. I first talked about the book in this post, but if you're a YA lover you need to read it, and for $1.99 how can you not?

What books have you read lately?

31 comments

  1. Now I want to read all of these. IF I ever have time. I have heard great things about never never. Crap, I can't remember the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know if The Girl on the Train is worth all the hype! I can't believe there are 700 people in front of you, that's insane!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom just finished Girl on the Train and loved it! I'm getting it from her on Friday, so hopefully I can report back what I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have Girl on the Train and What Alice Forgot on my 'to read' list, too! Great idea to use the library - I literally never even thought of that since we moved and have just been buying books off of Amazon. I just ordered Forever Chic yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait to hear what you think about Girl on the Train...I've seen it everywhere recently!! xo, Biana -BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  6. Seriously, I just need to just make my own to-read lists off yours. You always have the best suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friend is reading What Alice Forgot right now and she was in here telling me how hooked she is yesterday haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read Ugly Love - I quite enjoyed it. I don't normally read books like that but it was enjoyable, as long as you don't mind reading about, er, sex. lol. the girl on the train and the paying guests have got a lot of hype and are on my list too! i have them in ebook format if you want me to send them to you so you don't have to wait! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What Alice Forgot is a great book!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want to read what alice forgot myself....
    I need to check out that book for $1.99 - saw it somewhere else today someone talking about it

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved What Alice Forgot! I really liked The Silkworm too - it was a little more fast paced than The Cuckoo's Calling which I liked, and now I can't wait until the next one comes out! I just saw Liane Moriarty has another book out that I really want to read next. I think I'll have to check out Girl on the Train too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Girl On The Train and Ugly Love are on my list to read. I have so many books to catch up on. Eek. Why does work have to get in the way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Putting some of these on my list! I have a few by Liane Moriarty that I want to read soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to read What Alice Forgot! I've read Husbands Secret by that author and I really enjoyed it. Thank you for awesome book suggestions, I'm always looking for books to read

    ReplyDelete
  15. Per usual, I always love hearing what you think about new books! I couldn't finish/get into What Alice Forgot so I'm especially curious to get your opinion. Thank you for taking out some of the leg work, friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dustin just bought me Girl on a Train! So many of my friends have told me it's a MUST read, so I'm super excited to read it! I also want to read What Alice Forgot since I loved Little Big Lies. Also on my list is to finish Scarlet and Cress from the Cinder series! And, I have a handful of Netgalley books, too!

    Chelsie
    lifewithrosieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm curious to hear what you think about Girl in Translation. I've seen it before and it looked interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm reading The Girl on the Train now and so far so good! I started to read What Alice Forgot but it bored me so I never finished it. I've heard a lot of people who loved it though!
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to read the girl on the train and what Alice forgot. Just not enough time in the day!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A couple of these are on my list too! Hope you share some thoughts on them when you get through :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I loved What Alice Forgot! I highly recommend it! The Paying Guests, however, was not as wonderful. I read it because of the hype I heard about it, but sadly it didn't hold up to it in my book (pun intended).

    anchoredtosunshine.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yay for all the good books! Quite a few of them are on my list!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Quite a few of these are on my list too! I haven't actually heard of The Girl on the Train but just mentioned it to my friend and she said she loved it and would highly recommend it! Now I want to ready it too :)

    Carly x

    ReplyDelete
  24. i've heard mixed reviews on the sarah waters one, but i want to hear yours!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I just started Girl on the Train today, and I'm so intrigued!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The Girl on the Train is topping my reading list too - excited to see if it lives up to the hype!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I am DESPERATE to read girl on the train but I am also several hundred deep on the waiting list! Ugly Love was good, but....it was way different than some of her others. I wasn't entirely thrilled with it (it was a good book/story/and well written, I just had personal issues with the context). Thanks for sharing the book lovie!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Girl on the Train is up next for me.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Ugh I've been on hold for The Girl on the Train since January at TWO different libraries, and I'm still at least 70 in line at both branches! Sigh.... I may just have to suck it up and buy it next week because my book club picked it for this month haha.

    ReplyDelete
  30. yes, please. excited to pick up some of these books.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Loved The Girl on the Train and What Alice Forgot. Paying Guests is way up on my list. Interested to hear what you think of them all!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top