My First Subscription Box


I finally took the plunge and signed up for a subscription box! A jewelry subscription box! I first heard about Rocksbox from Biana and Emily did a post more recently as well. In case you're unfamiliar with Rocksbox, it's a subscription service that sends you 3 pieces of jewelry for $19 / month. You're able to keep the pieces for as long as you want, or you can send them back as often as you like to switch things up. Regardless of how many times you switch, you'll always pay the same price monthly. If you choose you can purchase any of the pieces you know you'll want to keep!


I requested only necklaces. As much as I love earrings and bracelets, my ears are easily irritated by just about every kind of metal, and my wrists are annoyingly small so most bracelets or bangles don't stay on and when you're renting something you definitely do not want to lose it. (rings are also an option!)

Along with the type of jewelry you can choose what color metal you prefer and if you prefer statement pieces or delicate pieces-- or both!

I originally was going to stick with just delicate pieces but changed to a mix of both-- I figured this was the perfect opportunity for me to play around with a statement necklace. You're getting amazing quality jewelry without having to commit to the high prices.

Along with the style survey there are two other ways to let the stylists know what you're loving. On the website they have a wish list option & you can select the items you'd like to receive. If you follow Rocksbox on Instagram you can hashtag wishlist on items you like in the photos they post.



Victoria Necklace by Urban Gem | I loved that this was more of a statement piece but still a neutral piece. You could really wear it with just about anything!


Geometric Double Layer Necklace by Gorjana | I am obsessed with the simplicity of this necklace-- plus it's perfect for layering!


Jamie Necklace by Robyn Rhodes | This necklace was probably my favorite of the three. I love the blue coloring in the stone with the really dainty chain.

If you're interested in trying out Rocksbox for the first time let me know and I can send a code your way. Using the code will get your first box free and give me a credit of $25 to use on the site. Overall, I'm loving my first box and can't wait to see what I get in future boxes.

[linking up with joey & annie]

25 comments

  1. That last necklace is my favorite too! Gorgeous! I still havent given in to Rocks Box but its hard not too!!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Rocks Box such a fun subscription box?! You got some beautiful pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that last necklace is just gorgeous!!! I really love how they try to personalize the experience for you to give you pieces you'd actually wear!! xo, Biana - BlovedBoston

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carly! Sounds fabulous. Send me the link in case I decide to try it! Everythingvero@gmail.com

    Xo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love seeing what people get out of these. I'm not that much of a jewelry person but love it on everyone else :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that you can request just one kind of jewelry! I love that simple gold necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That Jamie necklace is GORGEOUS! You should keep that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I looove that Jamie necklace - such a great statement piece and I really like the long length. I've yet to try out Rocksbox though from the reveiw I've seen, it looks great! xoxo, - M @ The Sequin Notebook

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think the statement piece is my favorite and I don't wear a lot of jewelry but how you're wearing makes me want to replicate that look! Great job. I would be a simpler piece girl and I can't wear most earring for the same reason it's such a pain!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not really a huge jewelry person; I pretty much just wear the same things on repeat. But this is a really cool idea for a subscription box! Some of those pieces are really pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the first one. I am so bad about remembering to wear jewerly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh! I have heard about this and wasn't sure if I wanted to try, but these look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for your first subscription box (and the best one, if you ask me!). I can't get enough of RocksBox and you should definitely keep that first necklace… love!

    xo, Medicine & Manicures

    ReplyDelete
  14. I so wish they shipped to Canada! I find I never spend a lot on statement jewelry because I wear them a few times and then they just sit on the shelf - this would be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think they are all super pretty - the first one is very statement but still neutral and that second one is so dainty and pretty.. but the colour of the 3rd one is so gorgeous! i'm not super into jewelry though and i definitely don't need an extra expense just for fun, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW !! what an amazing box :) Chelsea@ thewilliamsjourney1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well that's cool! I'm with you on the sensitive ears. I can't wear anything without them getting irritated. LOVE that 2nd necklace!

    ReplyDelete
  18. The necklaces look so pretty! I think I like the last one the best as well, it's so pretty, and blue is my favourite colour :) It's cool that you get to keep them for as long as you want and then exchange them for new stuff, that way you have an endless supply of necklaces!

    ReplyDelete
  19. EEE! I just signed up for this one and it should be here next week! I am so stoked! I love the second and third necklaces you got! I hope I make out just as well as you did!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh I love that Victoria necklace - it's definitely wearable with just about anything but still makes a lovely (and subtle) statement! Love it!

    Carly x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the last necklace its my fave of the three as well! All in all great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  22. oh yay, you signed up!! I love the pieces you received especially the last one which you like the best too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That blue necklace is gorgeous! You should definitely keep that one. ;) I like that you can opt for all necklaces. I don't change up my earrings often or wear bracelets really. xo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top