With Love, Ulta

Up until a few months ago I would have quickly told you that I prefer Sephora to Ulta. I still love Sephora but I finally figured out how to make sure I'm getting the best deals from Ulta. I will (almost always) only make a purchase from Ulta if they're having double or triple points or an extra 200 points with your order. 200 points equals $6 back! 

Usually I don't pay attention to the emails they send out with the time sensitive promotions, but I happened to see one for a free six piece deluxe sample kit and it was products I've been wanting to try or already have used and love. So I got the products + 200 extra points!  




The main reason for my order was to finally try the it cosmetics bye bye under eye concealer. I've heard Abby talk about it and was watching Tess talk about it in one of her videos. Previously I had used the Bobbi Brown Creamy Concealer, and it's really good, but I wanted to try something new.


I can't give a full review on the concealer yet because the shade I got is too light and I haven't had time to get to the store to exchange it yet. It's a really thick consistency that gives full coverage and is easy to blend and it doesn't get cakey or dry at all. I really like it-- even with it currently being too light.


This little Tarte kit was a last minute addition to my cart after the Anastasia Brow Kit was sold out in my color. The Tarte Tres Chic Park Ave Princess Contour Palette was marked down to $24 (from $34), so I figured why not try a few Tarte products. 


If you've followed my blog for a while now you know I love Benefit's Hoola bronzer-- like I think it's magic! Park Avenue Princess is so good- a close second, I haven't used Hoola since I got this palette. I tried really, really hard to get some swatches but they weren't showing up on my hand... see below!
top: park ave princess; bottom: hoola-- I tried!
Posh is a pretty pink blush- it's a color I would have never picked out on my own, but I've been using it pretty much every day-- usually because I already have the palette out to use the bronzer. I'm definitely so impressed with how long-lasting both powders are, so I get the Tarte blush hype now! I would describe the highlight as a rose gold- I haven't used it very much yet. 

I also picked up the China Glaze polish in Choo-choo Choose You. It was just okay, thankfully it was only $3. 


I got a sample of the Smashbox Pore Minimizing Primer from Sephora a couple of months ago and I love it, so I was excited to get a second sample. I love the Michael Kors perfume and High Beam-- so minis of those will definitely go to good use. I was also really excited to try the All-Nighter version of the UD setting spray since I already know I love De-Slick.

The Purity 3-in-1 face wash is okay-- it's a little too fragranced for a face wash for me- I also feel like it left my skin a little dry, but it has been dry in general lately so that could be a coincidence. The Philosophy Amazing Grace perfume is different from what I'd typically choose but it's a nice fresh scent and I weirdly love perfume minis.

Are you a fan of Ulta? What have been some of your favorite recent makeup purchases?

[linking up for monday madness!]

30 comments

  1. I love the Bye Bye Undereye concealer! I've literally had it for probably 6 months and haven't ran out yet and I use it everyday. And is that last picture all the free samples you got?? I must be doing something wrong because I never get any samples!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I need to seriously start paying attention to the Ulta and Sephora e-mails! I never do and then I miss out on great things like this! I don't think I've ever gotten any samples from Ulta and Sephora it depends. All of these seem awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always been an Ulta girl! I love Sephora, too, but Ulta is fantastic in that you earn a good amount of points anytime you shop, which then translates into money off your order at a later date. I also enjoy that you can buy both high-end and drugstore products in the same place - it makes things easier and more accessible. You got some great products! If you don't like the Purity face wash, it also makes a great brush cleanser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love me some Tarte, one of my favorite brands! That blush looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love reading others' take on new makeup because I almost never branch out with new. That Tarte kit looks perfect, though! Happy Monday, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've always thought of Ulta as a big drugstore but looks like I'm wrong! I don't get in ours enough!
    Ally - Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely love Ulta for their deals, too! And definitely DO pay attention to their e-mails, especially when they send out 20-50% off coupons. I received a 50% off ALL items right before Christmas. It was a one-time use on all products. Their coupons typically have rules on which items you can/can't use them one-- most prestigious brands are not included in their sales. So you definitely have to read the fine lines. But when you get the gold like a 50% off ALL items, believe me when I say it's GO TIME. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loooooove Ulta. All these products seem great. I'm really interested in the concealer. Can't wait to see what you think about it.

    Thanks for linking up!

    ~Ashley @ A Cute Angle
    acutelifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, it sounds like I'm going to need a trip to Ulta. We have one in our area but I've never been. I just go to Sephora b/c it's in the mall. Also sounds like I better get signed up for their emails. I really like that Tarte palette; it's definitely colors I'd use.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ordered from Ulta for the first time over the summer and got SO many samples/freebies that I'm still working my way through them! I haven't bought anything from there since then because I really do prefer Sephora, but my bank account says differently, so the next time I need something I think I'll give Ulta another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've really wanted to snag Choo Choo Choose You- sounds like it's on sale? I love both Sephora and ULTA for different reasons. ULTAs near me usually have new drugstore collections before other drugstores, so I like to get drugstore makeup there (plus the $$ off coupons!).

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's hard for me to choose a favorite, but I do really love Ulta's Brown Bar! And the sample packs get me every single time!
    xo Southern Style

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooohh the Tarte kit looks pretty. I have heard good things about High Beam.

    ReplyDelete
  14. i think i prefer ulta over sephora, though i don't have a concrete reason why. that nail polish (what a cute name) is a really pretty colour! i have heard such good things about tarte that i might have to check that kit out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm so surprised that you found Purity too fragranced! Mine have never has much of a scent, or maybe I'm just not as sensitive to it. I'm so curious about the IT cosmetics stuff, but they don't sell it anywhere around here that I know of. I wish we had Ulta, it's always one of my favourite stops on US vacations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've always preferred Sephora over Ulta but now that we only have a JC Penny Sephora here, I've become an Ulta convert. Plus I love their Benefit brow bar!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay so I actually have never bought anything from Ulta but only because I live a few blocks away from a Sephora so I never really needed to go there. I always hear of people getting such fabulous deals from Ulta though so I probably should pop into one and see what i can get my hands on.

    That tarte kit is lovely! That blush is such a pretty color!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is awesome! I love that China Glaze color. I like both stores but I shop more at Ulta too and build up a lot of points and free stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love ulta and definitely prefer it to Sephora but can feel overwhelmed in there every so often. I miss it being right up the road from me! I'm in love with the little sample kit you got though so definitely worth the deal you got!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Big Ulta fan here! As much as I love a nice luxury product, sometimes my bank account and makeup bag just prefer the inexpensive stuff that works just as well ;) So glad you liked the PAP, Tarte is one of my absolute favorite brands! And the All Nighter spray is great for winter when you don't get as oily. I need to restock myself!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love Ulta! It's so nice to be able to shop for drugstore brands, but also play with (and occasionally purchase) higher end stuff too. Perfect combo! That Tarte palette is so gorgeous! Love the gold look of it.

    xo, Michelle
    Neon Rattail

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love Ulta!! I normally buy everything there... I go there like once every two months and spend wayy too much money! By the way, I need you to take me makeup shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Ulta! I like Sephora but I almost feel like I'm killing two birds with one stone at Ulta.. Drugstore priced makeup and high end..! Glad the price for that polish was only 3 if it wasn't that great!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've never heard of that under eye concealer but when I run out of the brightener I've been using I'll try it out! I used to only be an Ulta girl. I pretty much split between the two now depending on what they're offering and I agree it's so much more worth it to get the extra points if you're looking to invest! That looks like a great sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great stuff here! Totally eyeing that Tarte kit!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've checked out the Park Ave Princess before and I was a little tempted to get it but in the end I didn't. That bronzer does look nice though so maybe I will have to get that palette one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I've always lived closer to Ulta's so I tend to go there more often, but I love both! I don't tend to buy much from Sephora, though, because there's so much there that I always want and I can never narrow it down to avoid spending a ton of money! So basically I usually leave Sephora with nothing but a hand full of swatches haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for the shout out! :) I hope you love the concealer once you get the right shade! It's a lifesaver for me. I absolutely love Amazing Grace! I've worn it for years and I would consider it one of my "signature scents".

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top