Five on Friday (first of 2015)

Happy first Friday of 2015! I'm going to have a 2015ish post going up on Monday, but I wanted to share some holiday things before this week was over. I'm linking up with Amanda to share a few favorites.




1. New books are always a good idea & a great gift! I got quite the assortment this year and can't wait to read them. The 21 Day Sugar Detox looks like it's going to be really good & the One Pot cookbook has some really easy and delicious looking recipes I can't wait to try out.


2. My husband gets me a new perfume for Christmas almost every year and this year he saw that Acqua di Gioia was on the top of my wish list. It smells amazing and is so different from all of the floral scents I own. 


3. While I was in Michigan I found this bag at TJ Maxx for $30 so my mom got it for me as part of my Christmas gift. It's a no-brand bag, so the quality is definitely lacking but you could never tell just from looking at it. It's the exact bag I was looking for, so it was a great find! Not pictured is the Madewell Zip Transport Tote my husband surprised me with. I had a few other black bags on my wish list, but the transport tote is a little more casual and practical for me right now. If you're in the market for a standard leather tote bag I would definitely suggest checking it out! 

*Also not pictured is the Vidalia Chop Wizard. I think Kerry was the one who mentioned it after one of my cooking posts & I remembered it and my brother got it for us for Christmas. It's honestly a dream! If you don't have a food processor or other chopping device, it really is awesome and works as easily as it says! 


4. I'm not a big animal person, but my parents cat is so cute-- even when he's being really bad climbing in the tree and nearly knocking it down- as you can probably tell from the state of the tree in the picture. (I had so many cat pictures on my phone from being home that I had to share one- I kind of get the pet owner thing now ;) )


5. There's no purpose to this photo other than the fact that I thought the little gold reindeer was the cutest thing ever. I'm not a big fan of plain chocolate, but my husband gave me the Lindt milk chocolate truffles and I've been obsessed with them. So good! 

I hope you guys all have had a wonderful holiday season! What were some of your holiday favorites? 

20 comments

  1. Love that purse! I rarely ever buy designer purses because I don't want to have to worry about the fact that I carrying around something so pricy! Love the shape of the one you got

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love Acqua di Gioia! It smells SO good! And love your new purse! It definitely looks high end! Happy Friday girl!

    <3, Pamela
    Sequins & Sea Breezes

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love armani Code, have you smelt that? it's my signature scent :)

    Damzel In This Dress

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great purse! I love finds like that :) You always amaze me with all of your books - I will have to check some of these out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good holiday! That bag was a great TJMaxx find. Looking forward to your thoughts on all the books, too. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm also looking forward to reading lots of new books in 2015! That purse is awesome, sometimes the no name purses end up being your most favourite ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that bag!! I rarely buy designer bags since I like to switch mine out often. Looking forward to your thoughts on the sugar detox book! Happy New Year girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome husband - perfume every month?! Lucky lady!! Can't wait to see what you think of those books :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bag is so great! Sometimes it's worth it to get a no-name bag {and save the cash} especially if you'll change it out in a few months.

    -Claire
    fashionandfeathers.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. mmmmm chocolate. no. i am trying to be good. no junk or sweets this month.
    hmmm 21 day sugar detox, sounds interesting!
    that black bag is super cute, sucks about the quality, but hey only $30 not bad! well, free because it was a gift, lol. hope you had a great new years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OOOHHHHH, I really like that purse! Super cute and what a great deal!
    And you really got a haul of books! Can't wait for your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the purse, I never buy designer because mine seem to get so beat up. Isn't that chop wizard awesome! No more crying. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You got some great gifts, lady! I smell a future crazy cat lady ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty nail ;) That cat is adorable--and the tree leaning over in the background is classic & hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need to read the 21 Day Sugar Detox after the past couple weeks of holiday binge eating! So bad! Love that purse - I've been getting all of my bags at TJ Maxx lately, you just can't beat the prices! Happy 2015!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to check out the One Pot cookbook! Could definitely use the 21 Day Detox book after all the holiday junk I consumed!
    Ally- Life as I know it

    ReplyDelete
  17. I definitely set a Goodreads goal for this year! I have plenty of reads I want to get through this year already! :) Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll look forward to hearing what you think as you get into the One Pot Cookbook- those are my kind of meals!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hmm, does that dicer/chop wizard work with tomatoes? I'm always afraid it'll just smoosh them. We had a commercial one when I worked at Taco Tico and it was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great purse!! A purse and perfume were 2 of my gifts this year too :)
    I'd love to hear more about the Sugar Detox once you've started reading it!! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top