November 2014 Favorites

2014 is quickly wrapping up and I'm here to share a few favorites. I apologize for the not-so-great picture, but I quickly snapped a picture on Sunday night so I could get this post ready to go for today.



monthly favorites 2014

1. Winter Citrus Wreath hand wash: I can't get over how good this soap smells- just as you'd imagine it's citrusy with a hint of fresh balsam mixed it. *I'm trying not to shop at b&bw anymore because I've had so many horrible experiences at the stores, but this soap is so good that I had to include it.

2. Lancome Eye Makeup Remover: This is a product that is so pricey I would probably never buy the full-size...except now I would! I got this mini size when I got my mascara and I recently ran out of the Neutrogena eye makeup remover I was using and the Lancome is like 100x better.

With the Neutrogena remover I would have to use 2-3 cotton balls on each eye and even then sometimes I'd still have mascara left on my eyes. With the Lancome remover it's one quick swipe and all of my makeup is gone!

3. MAC Brush Cleaner: This is another product I never would have thought was worth the price, but after using it I am completely hooked-- and honestly it's not that expensive for how much product you get. This is so much better than any other brush cleaning product I have ever used. I used to struggle a lot when it came to cleaning my foundation brushes to the point where I felt like they never got 100% clean. After using the MAC cleaner my brushes look brand new!

4. Almay Color + Care Liquid Lip Balm in Just Plum Good: I picked this up last year and while we were in NYC last weekend this was my goto lip product. I had a lot of similar products with me as well, but this one was the easiest to apply on the go. It gives a nice hint of color and also really does feel nice on the lips.

I would definitely pick up this product in other shades, or gift them to someone else.

5. Revlon Lip Butter in Red Velvet: This is another old one, that I used this past weekend and immediately remembered why I like it so much. It's the perfect dark red- I almost want to say it's a brick red, and is definitely a color you can feel comfortable wearing because it isn't too bright. Check out a swatch here.

6. Nars Nail Polish in Bad Influence: I've had this nail polish for 3 years and every time I go to use it I'm convinced it's going to be time to throw it out, but the formula is still amazing and it has to be one of the best colors that I own. It's the prettiest taupe-brown color, I believe it's similar to OPI's you don't know jacques.

7. Smith's Strawberry Lip Balm: I first talked about this lip balm in my March Favorites--and I loved it then, but then it kind of got pushed to the back of my makeup. My lips had been insanely dry a few weeks ago and I had been using the traditional vaseline because nothing else was working. I pulled this back out and I actually found it to be better than the vaseline!

There are a few of my favorites for the month. What have you been loving lately? Make sure you linkup with Mia & Kelli to share your recent favorites!

Make Me Up Mia

28 comments

  1. Hands down. Lancome has the best eye make-up remover out there!! It's my favorite!!! The other ones like you said just don't get everything off!! I'm going to MAC in a few days and I'm going to check out that brush cleaner, I'm with you and my brushes never seem to get 100% clean!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All good stuff, I use one makeup remover for my whole face so Im guessing thats weird haha but I must try the Lancome! Love that lip butter as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good eye makeup remover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh loving that Nars color! So pretty! And I love that MAC brush cleaner! So awesome!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to know about the eye makeup remover. I've been going without for awhile, but with holiday season coming I'm going to be wearing more eye makeup and need something a little more than my Dove soap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are fabulous product reviews! I'm definitely going to check out that Almay lip product and the MAC brush cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never even thought about trying an expensive eye makeup remover but now I'm intrigued.. especially because I use the Neutrogena like you do (did)! And such a bummer about your bad B&BW experiences.. I just placed a huge online order with them on Monday and now I'm mad I didn't get that soap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the Revlon lip butters! That color looks great! How is the NARS nail polish? I've never bought one. Sounds like it lasts a long time! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll definitely be checking out all of the lip products you've recommended. And that nail color?! LOVE it!

    xoxo
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm going to have to try those lip colors! Still on the hunt for the perfect shade this winter. Love reading your beauty favs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'll have to check out that Revlon Lip Butter shade. Ok, I've never smelled that B&BW scent before but now I must asap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to look into that brush cleaner - I'm not super attached to the kind I use now and it only works ok. Loved your favorites!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. That hand wash needs to find it's way into my home. I love a good lip balm especially in the harsh winter so I'll check out the Smith's Strawberry one. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My lips have been so dry lately too, I will definitely check out that Smith's balm. And that stinks you've had bad b&bw experiences, but that combo of citrus and balsam sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm on the hunt for a Christmas smelling soap - that one sounds amazing! I've heard some bad things about the B&BW soap ingredients, but I just can't help myself once I've smelled them! I totally agree with you about Red Velvet & Bad Influence. Red Velvet is a kind of red that I don't feel too self conscious about to wear to work haha, and I have a shade very similar to Bad Influence on my nails right now!

    ReplyDelete
  16. oooh that nail polish is so pretty, i want!

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh and I'm curious about your bad experiences at the b&bw stores? what happened? :(

    ReplyDelete
  18. We grew up using Smith's Rosebud Salve and I'd always beg my mom to order the strawberry (back then they sent you a little paper order form and it was all done through the mail ha!). That nail polish is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That nail color is so, so pretty! I need to look into it. And I loooove Revlon Lip Butters too, the shades are so fun and easy to swipe on

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love, love love that Nars color..!! Opi You don't know Jacques is one of my favorites..!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh man that revlon lip butter really looks like the perfect brick red I've been searching for!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been trying to find the "perfect" red lip, so I think I need to try the Red Velvet and see if it works for me!

    xo Always, Abby

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good to know about the Mac brush cleaner. i have just an Ulta brand one which I think works really well for only a few bucks but may upgrade when the bottle runs out ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. That Red Velvet lipstick sounds so pretty. I bet I would be too pale for it though! xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. I got a mini size of that eye makeup remover with some mascara once and it was the best! I could never bring myself to buy the full size but I really need to. I really should though, and I should grab some of that brush cleaner while I'm at it? What were you using before? I've always made my own so I'm curious if an actual product would be better!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I really want to try that MAC makeup brush cleaner because I can tell that my current brush cleaner doesn't clean as well as I'd like it to. I am also a fan of those Smith's lip balms, I use them 24/7 when winter rolls around!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top