October Favorites

I know everyone is saying this, but I really can't believe we only have one more flip of the calendar left this year. This is a bit of a different type of favorites post because I didn't have time to take proper pictures so I went through my phone and picked a few of my favorite things from the past month. A couple of beauty products and some good fashion finds. Make sure you linkup with Mia & Kelli to share your favorites!






1. Mascara: I got it from Sephora in this Boost the Drama kit, that includes a kohl liner, liquid liner, eye makeup remover, and mascara base. I believe the eyeliners are both full-size and the lash boost and eye makeup remover are deluxe sample sizes, so it really is a great value.

This mascara definitely lives up to its name, because it is pretty dramatic, but it does a great job lifting and holding a curl in my lashes. The wand is a shaped a little bit funny so it took me a few times to get used to the best way to apply the mascara, but once you get the hang of it, it's amazing.

2. Old Navy Bargains: I have to thank other bloggers for this favorite-- I rarely, if ever, shop at Old Navy but I've seen so many great finds on other blogs, so I thought it was worth a look. A few weeks ago they were having free 2-day shipping with no minimum purchase + 30% off sale. 2-day shipping was actually 6 day shipping, but it was free so I guess I shouldn't complain.

The main reason I ordered was because I wanted this ball cap (similar)- online the original price is marked as $14.95, but the tag on the hat says $10 (weird?), either way I ended up paying $7 for it after the coupons and discounts. I'm a big fan of baseball hats for running errands and I like that the felt makes this one a little more wintery.

3. New shoes: I got these Steve Madden boots for a really great deal! I noticed they were 20% off at Nordstrom, but decided to check ShopStyle at the last minute and I'm so glad I did because I found them on amazon, and with their 20% off boots I ended up getting them for $68! Amazon is sometimes weird and now my size is a lot more expensive so I guess I ordered them just at the right time- but it's worth checking out.

I also got these Style&Co flats from Macy's for around $20 and so far they've been really comfortable.

4. Neutral lipstick: I debated buying the Bite Beauty mini lipstick duo probably 3 or 4 times before I actually ordered it, and I'm so glad I ended up purchasing it because I've been loving the darker shade (musk)-- the colors are great neutrals, the formula is really nice, and it's mini so it's cute & won't take up much space in your bag ;)

I did a few swatches, so if I ever decide to be a good blogger and upload the pictures from my actual camera maybe I'll share them.

What are some of your recent favorites? 

45 comments

  1. OMG your makeup looks fan-freaking-tastic. That mascara! THAT LIPSTICK! Thanks for making me want all the things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look gorgeous in your photos!! Your eyelashes are fantastic and I love the color of the bite lipstick you got!! I just love their products, they go on so smoothly! Those Style&Co. flats are amazing!! Great round-up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that mascara! It's a little too intense for daily wear but I like to use it on date nights :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lashes!!! They look amazing! I think I need those boots, love the cognac color. Isn't that Bite lip duo the best? I have the other color stick but I want this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl. You are absolutely stunning!!!

    I am so in love with those Steven Madden booties, too.
    I have been wanting to try a bite lipstick for a while. That color looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Old navy is the best for deals.. Their Rockstar jeans fit me so nice and love their plaid shirts out right now..!!! Those lashes Carly!!! 😍

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhh, I love those booties! I'm in the market for a cute pair of ankle boots... I need to try these on!

    If you have a sec, hop on over to my blog and check out the awesome Instagram link up I'm co-hosting with Making Mrs. M! It has a pretty amazeballs giveaway too... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loveee my lip duo, and all the Bite products really! And love those shoes- yay for getting a steal :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've heard such great things about the Bite lipsticks!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE the flats, obviously (hello leopard!). That mascara looks fantastic! I don't have super long eye lashes but yours look amazing! Gorg!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That mascara sounds awesome and makes your lashes look great!! I might have to try that one. Love the flats and boots too :) Good picks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am looking for a pair of boots just like those Steve Madden ones in black! So cute.. I'm waiting for the right ones & a sale to pop out at me.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Girl, you are just gorgeous!!! I've been wanting to try some Bite products, I will definitely be looking at some at Sephora. That mascara looks awesome, I've never tried that either.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love Old Navy bargains... you look so cute in your hat!

    ReplyDelete
  15. In love with your Steve Madden boots!!! And the mascara looks great! I could use some that would hold a curl in my lashes. Wearing mascara with glasses can sometimes be annoying...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your lashes look insane! Love the bright lip, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never seen that duo lipstick before. I deinitely need to get that!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. That hat looks so cute on you! I have just never been able to pull off hats... it's something I wish for every day! Also, your lashes? Amazing!

    xoxo
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  19. Stop it. I want them all.
    Ok seriously, is that boost the drama kit thingy worth it? Like everything? or should I just try the mascara?
    Loving the ball cap, love that it's felt, it does look more wintery- and you need to show your face more!! Lol. also may I please have both pairs of shoes? seriously please thankyou.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I wanna try the boost drama kit!! It sounds amazing!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those lashes! *heart-eyed emoji* and that hat looks super comfy and cozy. I always forget about Old Navy too and then bloggers post their great finds and I'm all "ooh I should check Old Navy next time!" and then I forget again and round and round we go...

    ReplyDelete
  22. You look so adorable in that baseball cap! I'm a fan of hats, too but haven't bought one in years - I'll have to keep my eye out for one from Old Navy. I'm a big fan of Bite Beauty lip products - I may have to add that one to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! Carly, your eyes are beautiful! Makes me want to get that eye stuff, but girl, it's just you! :) I like those flats too :) Thanks for linking up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Old navy has been killing it lately! Love the hat and can't go wrong with that price! Those boots are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Isn't taking mascara pictures like the hardest thing in the world??? Your lashes look amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Umm that mascara looks amazing! Either that or your have the most gorgeous lashes and I'm totally jealous! And love that pic of you in the baseball hat, so cute!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love baseball caps but never seem to look good on me. You on the other hand? Fabulous!! I've been thinking about picking up that Bite duo so good to know that is has the thumbs up from you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I recently bought the Bite Beauty duo as well and love it! Love your favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Got to love a good deal! I haven't been out shopping much the last couple weeks so I don't have any recent purchase favs... I love those lepoard flats!

    ReplyDelete
  30. nothing better than a neutral shade of lipstick! sometimes it's just what you need as a pick me up on crappy days.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great post - those boots are gorgeous!! What a steal - can't believe the price you got them for!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  32. I love those boots that you got! It's awesome that you found a good deal on them. And the Bite beauty lipstick duo looks really nice too, I'll have to check it out next time I'm in Sephora, I'm long overdue for a trip there!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your eyelashes look awesome! I will be sure to check it out next time I do a makeup haul!

    ReplyDelete
  34. That mascara looks good! Lancome mascaras never disappoint. I just tried out Benefit they're real for the first time and I love it. I might try lancome next time though! XO

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your eyes are gorgeous! Lancome has some of the best mascaras

    ReplyDelete
  36. I don't check out old navy either, but I should cause that hat is so cute! Love the leopard flats, they really can work with so much :)

    Mili

    ReplyDelete
  37. Those are some cute booties! So glad I found a pair too this season. And I couldn't resist the Old Navy free 2-day shipping sale either! I ended up with a grey infinity scarf, a flannel, and the best was a grey tweed puffer vest--it's so warm and the quality is amazing for the price. Dare I say it even better than the ever popular tweed Factory J.Crew vest that I've seen around, in my humble opinion. Extremely warm and versatile. Glad you got some great finds too this month!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm loving those booties!! I've been on the search for the perfect pair for some time now...

    ReplyDelete
  39. Obsessed with those flats you got from Macys! And at such a great price point too!!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I know what you mean this year has flown by so fast! Love to hear about your favorites! That mascara sounds awesome, I will have to try it!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top