A look back at the week

I had planned on getting more than one other blog post up this week, but for some reason I'm slacking when it comes to blogging motivation. I also haven't been on my computer as much, so if I haven't been commenting that's why. I try and keep up with all the posts on my iPad- it just takes too much effort to comment from there (#lazytyper)




1. I found the perfect winter white nail polish: OPI's My Vampire is Buff. I know darker nails are all the rage, especially during fall, and I own so many dark red and purple polishes it's a little ridiculous...but I've been in the mood for lighter colors. I really wanted a warm toned light pink, but I couldn't come across anything that was to my liking so I took a risk with this one and hoped it wouldn't be too white, and it's perfect.

2. I've talked about Girls Love Mail a few times on my blog, but I wanted to mention it again-- GLM is an organization that sends letters to women who are going through treatment for breast cancer. It's seriously the simplest way to do something small that makes a big difference to someone else.

3. We went apple picking a couple of weeks ago and I finally got around to using the apples for something sweet. I made apple crumble (above) and mini apple hand pies (blog post coming soon).



I've had this book on my Kindle for almost two years and because of the length (700+ pages), I kept putting it off. I finally started it last week and I love everything about it- the writing, the story, the characters, the setting...I'm at about 80% so I'm not quite finished, but I really can't even express how this book has made me feel! I'll post a full review when I finish...

via Complex.com
This article made me smile... I don't even remember watching that much TV growing up, but oddly I have such great memories watching Hey Arnold with my brother & it was always a favorite show. We may or may not still text about it on occasion, especially now that it's on Amazon Prime!

via cbs.com
Madam Secretary 9pm on CBS
I'm not really one for all of the fall premieres, but the one show I've been watching is Madam Secretary. I'll be the first to admit it's a little cheesy at times, and isn't the most realistic show in the world- but I love the storyline and the acting. It's no Homeland or anything close- but I kind of like that it's not super intense. There is so much real madness going on in our world, when it comes to TV I prefer something on the lighter side. Have you watched it? 

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! I'm linking up with Amanda and Lauren today!

24 comments

  1. Thanks for the intro to Girls Love Mail...I'm always mailing cards and letters to my friends, so this is an easy way for me to give back in a small way. I'll definitely be writing something for them this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That nail polish looks like the perfect winter white - I'll have to see if I can scoop it up somewhere. Looking forward to all your apply recipes. Have a great weekend, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that nail polish!! And I'm looking forward to your review on that book. I've seen it at the store a bunch of times but the size is definitely a bit daunting. :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I specifically don't even read blogs on my ipad anymore because it's such a waste. I think bloglovin' makes that process even more impossible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on not commenting from my phone or iPad. It drives me crazy! That apple crumble looks so yummy! And I'm with you on the lighter nail colors. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh man. I LOVED Hey Arnold. Such great memories, and it truly was a diverse cast. How fun.

    Absolutely adoring that polish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to know who names these nail polishes...
    Doesn't it feel amazing when you tackle a book with that many pages.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the GLM idea! I am going to go check them out right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh I love that winter white color!! That Hey Arnold article is fantastic. I remember all of those story lines, but never really thought about it before. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been watching Madame Secretary too and loving it - I think it's a great mix between Homeland and The Good Wife!! Your mini apple hand pies look amazing- can't wait for the recipe!! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your new nail polish looks awesome, I really like light colours! The apple crumble looks so tasty, now I'm craving pastries :) And I've tried reading The Goldfinch before but I just couldn't get into it. Maybe I should try giving it another shot! Madam Secretary looks really cheesy in previews that's why I haven't watched it yet but I think if I watched it I'd enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that nail color. That apple crumble needs to get in my face! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh! The book we just started in my book club is The Goldfinch! I've been dreading starting it too because of the length, but I'm glad to hear you like it so much. I need to stop dragging my feet and just open it up.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great nude color, I love the name. I want to be an OPI polish namer haha. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy moly, I didn't realize how long The Goldfinch was but your review is making me want to add it to my to-read list. Your apple crumble looks SO good and I really need to check into Girls Love Mail already! Have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved the Goldfinch! I can't wait to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  17. so true - I prefer light, cheesy stuff sometimes. real life is dramatic enough, i just want to sit down and switch my brain off. that book is on my list, so glad to hear you are loving it! love the white nails :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Goldfinch has been on my 'to-read' list for ages, still haven't quite got round to it yet though!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Goldfinch is an amazing book!! Glad to hear you're enjoying it as well! And Madame Secretary is all right. It's definitely no homeland but it kind of reminds me a bit of The Good Wife which is all right as well.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Aww I loved Hey Arnold! I've been missing my white summer polishes so I'll definitely be checking out the winter white color. And I have all of the episodes of Madam Secretary on my DVR... I need to start watching!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on The Goldfinch. I have been wanting to read it but the length has stopped me so far!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm always looking for a good book to add to my Kindle. I'm looking forward to reading your review on it. :)

    Tami Marie

    ReplyDelete
  23. I was a big fan of The Goldfinch too but it was definitely long!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top