Dumbarton Oaks (Washington DC Travel Post)


I have to start this by saying that my pictures do not do the beauty of the Dumbarton Oaks Gardens any justice. You will seriously feel like you were transported back into a magical time inside of a secret garden. This is easily one of my favorite places to visit in all of DC.  

This is a location that is a bit tucked away in Georgetown. When I think of Georgetown I think of crowded sidewalks, the waterfront, shops, and restaurants. It's not in that part of Georgetown but off R St. NW. It's a beautiful walk from the main area as you get to pass by so many beautiful homes. 

Admittedly, I didn't know much about the gardens until I found it on Museum Day a few years ago. I figured it was worth checking out and we go on Museum Day each year & it has become a place I almost always recommend to anyone visiting DC. 







If you're interested in more pictures, Rachel has a post on the gardens her blog and her photography is amazing!

From March 15th to October 31st the admission is $8 or $5 for seniors, students, and children. From November 1st to March 14th the admission is free. It's open from 12-6pm daily (12-5pm during the winter season), and is closed on Mondays.

29 comments

  1. Ok this place is ridiculously gorgeous! Love those last two pics the most! WOW!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unreal - it looks like a secret garden for sure!! When we come to DC I vote for you to be our guide!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! How dreamy. I'd love to see the gardens in person!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This place looks so beautiful! I really like visiting gardens and parks :) The first thing that popped into my head when I saw the building was "I wonder if many people have weddings there?" because it would be such a nice venue lol I have a problem :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a beautiful place to visit! Awesome photos!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures are beautiful so I can't imagine how great it is in real life! Are those glass beads hanging from the tree in the last picture? Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh, its beautiful! it looks amazing, if the pictures dont do it justice, i can't even imagine!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, I love places like this:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. How beautiful Carly! I love that last pic, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous shot of the rose! I love the open trellis/walkway. This looks like a perfect photo shoot spot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh this is so beautiful! I lived in Georgetown for a few months in college and I loved the area so much (although July/August was unbearably humid!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh mercy... isn't that place so beautiful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! What a gorgeous place! I'd love to just spend some time reading in that garden.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful photos! Looks like a gorgeous place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I definitely need to add this to my to-do list. I was able to knock out a bunch of places around Maryland when my mom was visiting. I told myself that during my last year in this part of the country, I'm definitely going to start venturing throughout all of DC.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow this place is beautiful! Gardens are some of my favourite places to visit - I just love being surrounded by so much life. Definitely pinning this for future travel adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous! I would love to see this the next time I'm up that way. I can (mostly) read the inscription in the first picture haha!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! These pictures are gorgeous! As a wedding planner I could do some damage here haha

    ReplyDelete
  19. i've never been there but it looks heavenly.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Omgosh I've lived in DC my whole life, and I had no idea this place existed. It's absolutely gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the new design and this place is absolutely gorg!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've been to Georgetown before and loved it, but omg these pictures <3

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the photos, looks amazing

    www.internetlyaddicted.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow. Stunning. I need to make my way to DC soon. Thanks for sharing :)

    Jessica xo
    the way to my Hart

    ReplyDelete
  25. This place looks absolutely amazing! I can't even imagine how beautiful it is in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your photos, and also really like your new template :)

    dontcoralwithme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top