August Favorites


I hope you guys all had a wonderful long weekend! We spent Labor Day weekend in New York and had an amazing time. It is easily my favorite city in the US, and no matter how many times I visit, the first sighting of the skyline, and again for the statue of liberty will never get old. (A few pictures here, here, and here.)

Anyway, I'm sharing my monthly favorites with Mia and Kelli today! Make sure you check out the linkup to see what everyone else has been loving lately.


NYX Frappucino Lipstick: I've had this for quite some time and have never really used it for some reason. I've been going through all of my makeup and tossing older items and I decided to try this and was IN LOVE. First of all, it's the perfect nude for my skin tone and is definitely a my lips but better color. The formula is also amazing, it's really pigmented and creamy. I believe NYX now has their butter lipstick & matte lipstick line so I don't think the round lipsticks are as easy to come by, but I would image the butter line is similar, and I definitely want to try more.

I think I was the last person ever to try these hair ties, and they are worth all of the hype in my opinion. My mom gave me one while we were on vacation and I'm still using it because it's the only hair tie I own that will actually hold all of my hair without it either feeling way too tight or sliding right out!

I'm pretty picky when it comes to conditioner for my hair, but I love when I find a really great drugstore product. The L'Oreal OleoTherapy conditioner is really nice and an amazing value. In the past I've found other L'Oreal conditioners to be too heavy, but this one is really nice and light while leaving my hair soft.

For months I had wanted to try something from the Alba line at Target, but it's a brand I didn't hear much about and I didn't want to be stuck with something I couldn't return if I didn't like it. On a whim one day I picked up the acnedote face & body scrub, because I had some annoying bumps on the back of my arms. There were scrubs from Sephora and Ulta I wanted to try but they were $30+ so I figured I'd take a chance and I was pleasantly surprised!

The scrub has a very pleasant peppermint scent to it, and is lightly coarse. Appearance wise it reminds me of coffee grains, which could be kind of weird, but it doesn't bother me. I swear after using it one time the back of my arms looked and felt better. I haven't used it on my face, but I love it for my arms, neck, and back. It does contain salicylic acid so it might dry you out, just something to be aware of.

I hate lotion, as in I never wear it, and didn't even own any proper lotion until I got this Vaseline Spray & Go in aloe fresh a few weeks ago. It has the nicest scent, plus goes on really nice and quickly absorbs into your skin. My skin tends to be easily irritated, so the fact that this didn't bother my skin at all is impressive as well!

Have you tried any of the products? What are some of your recent favorites?

35 comments

  1. Glad you reviewed that LOreal - I have been wondering about it! Great favorites list!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with those hair ties but the glitter ones get kinda stuck in my hair.... they're so cute on my wrist though! And I LOVE that NYX lipstick. So perfect for fall!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love spray lotion! It's my new favorite thing. That NYX lipstick sounds fabulous - I'll have to look at Target to see if they carry it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been seeing those hair ties everywhere, but I was pretty sceptical about them. I'm glad to hear that they work really well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude those hair ties are the bomb.com. I didn't get the hype of them at first "so what, they look pretty on your wrist? big deal--toss it in your bag then." But I was converted the first time I wore one and it didn't crease my hair! Plus! They look pretty on your wrist! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh are you going to share more about NYC? puuuhhllleeease. maybe because i have super thin hair, those hair ties suck for me. boo. hmm definitely need to check out that alba stuff (running in summer = not good for back or chest acne sorry tmi) and the spray on lotion. i dont mind using lotion, i just forget all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those hair ties are awesome! I love that they don't leave a dent in my hair.

    Also, I've heard SO much about that spray lotion (Miranda from Miranda Writes uses it, I think). I need to pick some up. I'm AWFUL about putting on lotion.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard good things about the Vaseline Spray & Go!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That Vaseline Spray lotion is the best! I hate lotion too so being able to spray it on quickly then you're out the door is awesome! I didn't like those hair ties. They stretched out too easily and get nasty once they get wet. But that's just my opinion, glad they work for you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm obsessed with Vaseline lotions.. I swear I'm addicted now because anytime I try other brands, I'm just disappointed. They don't seem to do anything compared to the Vaseline!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've wanted to try the NYX actual lipsticks for such a long time!! Also, really wanted to try those hair ties but always wonder how long they will hold their elasticity!! Spray and go is the best invention EVER!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to try that Vaseline Spray! I have seen mixed reviews. My skin is so dry I am scared to try but I will, soon! EVERYONE mentions it! Glad you had a nice Labor day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. NYC is my favorite city in the US too. I just love the hustle and bustle and all the sights. I've heard a lot about the hair ties, so I'll definitely have to check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You're not the last, I've never even heard of those hair ties. I'm headed there right now.

    I need to try that lotion - I'm not a big fan of it either, so maybe I just need to give this stuff a go.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure you had a blast in NYC! I love NYX's butter lipsticks and lip glosses! You really can't go wrong with those prices.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Definitely will be looking for that NYX Lipstick and I think I should try the L'Oreal conditioner too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the color of that NYX lipstick. That's one of my favorite makeup companies :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I absolutely love Vaseline spray and go!! It's definitely one of my favorite summer products :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ok I really need to try those hair ties. I've been wondering about them. Where did you get yours? Thanks for linking up and promoting the link-up, Carly!! You're awesome!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmm curious about the spray and go moisturizer! Love seeing new products you find!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I also just started using those AMAZING hair ties... so you are not the last- we're probably the last together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. What is it about spray lotion that makes us non-lotion-wearers conform?! I got some from St Ives earlier this summer and I was like this is genius, how did it take this long for this to be a thing?

    ReplyDelete
  23. I think I might be the only girl who doesn't like those hair ties. They don't feel tight enough for me... I hate having a lose ponytail! :(

    ReplyDelete
  24. I think I'm going to go pick up that scrub this weekend! I have KP on my arms and I'm always looking for a good scrub to keep it under control. That one sounds so intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  25. ahh, that skyline picture - just gorgeous. something so timeless about NYC :)
    love your blog! going to follow you now! xo

    ReplyDelete
  26. I NEED to try that scrub...I've had bumps on the backs of my arms and on my neck lately. I don't know what's up! But I'd never heard of that scrub before so thanks for sharing I need to pick that up!

    ReplyDelete
  27. haven't tried that conditioner--sounds like a winner!! love those hair ties.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I dont have any NYX lipsticks and Ive been wanting to try it! I will check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Looking up that NYX lipstick now! I still can't believe I haven't tried any of them before... I can just never decide on a color. :D Great favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  30. That NYX color looks fabulous. I am glad the L'Oreal conditioner worked I've been wanting to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'll have to give that conditioner a try - sounds like a good one and love that its sulfate free!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I'm the exact same with lotion! It's so silly I never wear it, but I hate spending time putting it on. Must purchase the Vaseline Spray & Go.

    XO Chloe
    A Latte Lipstick

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think I need to try those hair ties!

    Jennie | thebookjournal.com & sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top