Weekending in August

Another summer weekend passes us by and we're blessed with another Monday. Its been a while since I linked up with Biana to share my weekend and even though it was pretty low-key I thought I'd share a few highlights today. 

Friday night was date night-- which consisted of chickpea curry I made, a trip to Target, and staying up way too late watching The Killing. I actually went to bed during the third episode but my husband stayed up and watched the entire thing. I wasn't so impressed but apparently the last couple of episodes got better. 

Saturday morning my husband had a soccer scrimmage in the morning so I slept in, treated myself to some Panera iced coffee (the iced carmel lattes are sooo good), and read We Were Liars before it had to go back to the library. 


Once he got home we ran some errands and I even convinced him to stop in Sephora with me so I could finally restock on my Josie Maran cleansing oil. It's pricey, but with how sensitive my skin is, I'd rather pay more for something that I know I really like. I managed to get in and out of Sephora with only one thing so that's always a win! 




I've mentioned before that I'm not a big handbag person but my mom got me this bag when she was in Toronto this spring and I'm obsessed with it! 

We had a late lunch at a Mexican restaurant and then did our favorite (not really) task of weekly grocery shopping. I've never been big into coupons but I realized that the inserts we get in the mail actually have some really good coupons and I get so embarrassingly geeked when I find ones for things we need that save us a lot of money. I can kind of see how people get obsessed with couponing. Though I have to admit, I have a hard time keeping track of them when I only have four or five to use! 


via
Sunday was a lazy day-- we went to church and then grilled burgers. Organizing the recipes I've been collecting has been on my to-do list forever, and I finally got a recipe box. I was seriously lusting after a really pretty one from Paper Source but didn't want to spend the money on it so I found this one on Amazon for $13 and I was really impressed with the quality. I actually only paid $3 for it because I used a gift card I had from Swagbucks for the rest. 

So there's my not so glamorous (but really enjoyable) weekend in a few paragraphs. I think I'm going to do a vacation recap eventually- I haven't really been able to get back into the swing of blogging for some reason. Anyway, I hope the start to your week is off to a smooth and peaceful start! 

29 comments

  1. that oil is so good!! love your bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That grocery experience is absolutely unacceptable. I can't believe a manager (or maybe the cashier) weren't responsible enough to hush the woman up while she was ranting and raving about another employee! I worked in customer serviced long enough to know that ish doesn't fly! I would call the management today and just let them know the experience you had.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a low-key weekend, sometimes those are the best ones! I love your recipe box - I need to get around to organizing all of my recipes, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that recipe box! It's really pretty. I need to get mine organized as well. Cannot believe your grocery experience! That's crazy. Glad you had a good weekend otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm pretty sure I would have pushed that girl out of the way if I was you lol!! I love using the inserts that we get in the mail - totally save like $5-10 on each trip which makes me happy!! Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend I love the bag that your mom got you!! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Panera breads coffee is so good! And that never happens in sephora! Sounds like a great weekend to me!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to try that oil! I've heard good things about it! And wow to the crazy bagging lady... dang. Not cool at all. Sounds like a great weekend!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. That burger looks delicious!
    I always get frustrated with baggers because they just throw my produce around! I can imagine that was awkward, but worth it, not to have bruised fruits and veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I cannot deal with poor customer service. It literally drives me insane. Not cool. Sound like a great weekend otherwise though :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been thinking about trying something from the Josie Maran skincare line, but the prices keep me away! Everyone says great things about it so one of these days I won't be able to resist any longer.

    Your handbag looks awesome! I love light coloured bags in the summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I organized recipes this weekend too...I mean not the whole weekend but at one point LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh heck no - I would have been like, "NO, I'm bagging my own groceries" ... I did it as a job when I was 16 so I get picky would it... I literally had a kid ask me if it was ok if he put my 5 lbs of bananas in the same bag as my eggs. I just looked at him like "Seriously"....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mmm I love different curries with chicken. Interested to read that recipe for chickpea curry. Lazy Sundays are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What did you think of We Were Liars? That bagger sounds awful- I don't blame you for not wanting crushed bread!

    ReplyDelete
  15. How is We Were Liars? I'm on the waiting list for it at my library, and I'm really looking forward to it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. We totally binge-watched The Killing when it came out a few weekends ago. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people bitch in front of customers, especially when it's about the job or another employee! Every morning I have a spot I go to to study before class, and it's a pretty big open space in a building but in the same space is a small window/office for student software distribution. Only a few people work there but I can hear all their conversations and last week one of the women was going on and on about how she didn't like the way she was being treated (by their boss, I think), and how she was looking for another job, and yadda yadda. I don't think they had any customers at the time, but people walk by all the time and a customer could have come up at any moment and totally heard the whole thing. Like...have some tact!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That recipe box is so precious! It's easy to just stick with Pinterest for recipes but I sometimes forget about the ones that my Mum or Grandma have given me because I don't have them in front of me, and those are always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Haha I can only imagine how awkward the grocery store experience was!! And yesterday must have been the day for grilling burgers.. that's what we had for dinner, too :) Oh and I'm loving your bag, I've been looking for one that color!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a cute recipe box, I need to organize mine better too! That is so awkward, if you want to bag your own groceries, that is your choice haha. She sounds very unprofessional, I probably would have bit her head off... Jerk. Love your purse :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I feel like I need to give you a standing ovation for leaving Sephora with only one thing haha. I always end up with a basket full of things! I definitely need a recipe box too. I always see some great recipes posted by bloggers that I always want to try!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That sounds like a great weekend to me!! How awkward at the grocery store...I just don't understand some people! Very cute white purse! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Crazy bag lady!!
    And leaving Sephora with only one thing is definitely a great accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I need to try that oil!! The bag is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oooo... chickpea curry sounds delicious!
    I need to start watching The Killing. I've heard a LOT of great things about it lately!!!!!! I'm a sucker for crime dramas, too.
    What a WEIRDO at the grocery store!!! First of all, no matter where you work, you shouldn't be talking about other employees negatively in front of customers! Second of all... BEAT IT BITCH, I WANNA BAG MY OWN SHIT! haha

    ReplyDelete
  25. Um, I wouldn't have let her bag my groceries either. Totally crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't been impressed with the new season of the Killing either. Love the bag! I would have totally asked her to move aside, how rude.

    ReplyDelete
  27. We had a lazy Sunday with Church and burgers too! :) I'm obsessed with iced coffee, I'll have to try Paneras! Love your new bag!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Don't blame you for wanting to bag your groceries yourself! Lately, when I've been going to the store, the cashiers have been putting 1-2 items in a bag...I don't understand why, lol. There is plenty of room for extra stuff and you would think that they would be trained to not waste bags by making them a little more full.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I feel like I've missed a lot around here lately but it's been nice having lots of reading material here this morning! :) I've never heard of that oil before...but I'm on Sephoras website as we speak reading about it because you have me interested!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top