Cream Blush Crush

cream blush

I was doing some cleaning this weekend and realized it was time to retire some of my cream blushes. I thought I would do some quick swatching and share them here before I tossed them.


Apparently they don't sell Illamasqua in the US anymore? Sephora used to carry it, which is when I got this blush in rude. It looks like you can get it through asos. It was an amazing quality blush-- with a really nice finish and great lasting power. Rude is a warm peachy pink with a dewy finish. I'm guessing because it's not easily available in the US anymore the pricing is the conversion from pounds because I didn't pay as much as they're selling it for through asos, but it's an option if you're really wanting it I guess!

I think this NARS cream blush was one of the first high-end beauty products I purchased when I first started reading blogs. I didn't think I'd be able to find it online but it looks like you can also order it through asos. This is the one I'm most sad to get rid of because it feels so nice on the skin-- even when I was swatching it on my hand I was tempted to keep it because it's so creamy and soft. Lokoum has a little bit of shimmer in it, but it doesn't show up on the skin.

You can still get a couple of these blushes through the NARS website in other colors for $30, but they now have moved more to the multiples, which are a cream blush in stick form. I haven't tried any, but if the formula is similar to the other cream blushes I imagine they're amazing.

I picked up this Too-Faced Cream Blush in tea rose on a whim one day when I was working across the street from an Ulta and stopped in far too often! I ended up really loving the color and being impressed with the product overall. This is a product I don't think I've ever seen anyone else talk about. It's actually a product that can be used on your lips as well, but I've never tried that so I can't say how that would work, but as a blush it's really lovely.

I've talked about this NYX cream blush in boho chic a few times-- and it's one of my favorites and a fraction of the price of the other blushes. I will say that the staying power of this doesn't come close to the higher-end brands. Also, I swear it doesn't look as purple-toned when I wear it on my cheeks! When I swatched it I was like whoa- because it's showing up so cool-toned!

top to bottom: NARS lokoum; Illamasqua rude; Too Faced tea rose; NYX boho chic
These next two were so hard for me to swatch because I couldn't fit them on my left hand. Anyway, you've probably heard me talk about the Argan Color Stick in pink peony. I got it in a JM kit back in the spring and since I got it, it has definitely been my most used cream blush-- probably my most used blush in general. I haven't used the Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee (berry bliss) as much since the winter/fall, but I'm excited to start using it again soon.

These blushes are much more sheer than the others I've included in this post. They're natural and buildable which is really nice-- especially for berry bliss, I definitely don't want purple blush. Another thing I love about the JM blushes is how good they feel on the skin. The cheek gelees are refreshing because they're more of a gel finish.


Since I'm getting rid of the first three that means I have space for more in my collection, right? Are you a fan of cream blushes or do you prefer powder? Tell me your favorites!

29 comments

  1. I'm such a blush newbie, I only have one blush, because I've started using blush just a few weeks ago! Needless to say I've never tried cream blush before, but I think one of these days I will try it out. I like the NARS one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still trying to find my groove with cream blushes. I haven't made my mind up on them yet haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never tried a cream blush before and have always been so intrigued!! I do like that it's buildable - how do you feel the staying power of them is vs. powder ones?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love cream blush, and that Too Faced one looks right up my alley. Thanks for sharing these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this review! I've actually been wanting to try a cream blush but I never knew which one to try. I love that you reviewed several different ones. I love the color of that berry bliss one! I feel like that would be an amazing lip stain too!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never have I ever tried a cream blush. I have always meant to! Maybe you pushed me over the edge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE the NYX cream blushes--LOVE them. I haven't tried a super huge amount of cream blushes, but so far, they're a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i prefer powder blush, not sure why - i dont even know if i have tried cream blush, i just always lean towards the powder!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok Carly, I think I need you to come to Oklahoma and give me a cream blush lesson haha. Your love for cream blushes always makes me pull mine out and I just never have luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love love cream blushes. They looks so much more seamless to me!
    I'm especially loving NYX Rouge Cream blushes this summer.

    ♥ http://ahappinessundefined.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do good to get powdered blush right - I'd look like a straight up clown from a scary movie if I tried cream ones.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never used cream blush. It scares me. :)
    I really like those colors though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am slightly afraid of using cream blushes. I'm pretty sure I would end up looking scary after applying. I'm a Tarte powder blush girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That peachy Nars on the far left looks verrrry tempting. I love blush and always switch it up, but I've never tried a cream. Maybe next time!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't use blush often but the tea rose berry-ish color is really pretty and I would totally wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need that Illamasqua blush! Thanks for sharing!

    www.casualclaire.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've only tried the Josie Maran gelee but I love it! It's been perfect for the summer. I may have to pick up that NYX blush though.. I like the color and you can't beat NYX prices!

    ReplyDelete
  18. i've never tried a cream blush before but the pop of color seems so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've tried Elf's HD blush, and I haven't gotten the hang of it,but I love how pigmented it is!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love cream blush.. I usually switch between that and powder every other day :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. as a dry skin girl, im all for cream blush!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I usually wear powder blushes. Need to try out some cream blushes sometime. Maybe I'll look for the NYX to try out an inexpensive option first.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Illamasqua Rude looks very pretty and perfect for my dry skin.. I'll check asos!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've never tried cream blush! I've always been nervous to because I have bad skin so I'm worried it would make me break out, but I'm sure there are options for people like me. I certainly hope so because cream blush is beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  25. I've never tried cream blush before because I thought it would feel "heavy" on my skin (hate that). Might just have to give it a try now :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I have always been scared (and makeup challenged) to add blush to the routine. Looks pretty though!

    ReplyDelete
  27. That Josie Maran cheek gelee makes me so excited for fall! Love berry-colored everything. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top