Orange and Coral Polish Favorites


We have just about a month left of summer, which means there's still time to make use out of all of my favorite orange and brighter coral nail polish colors! I looked through my nail polish and picked out my favorites in this color scheme and was happy to find a pretty wide variety in brands and price.



L to R: Dior Spring Ball; Wet n Wild Blazed; Julep Sydney; Zoya Paz; L'Oreal Orange You Jealous; Essie Haute as Hello
Dior in Spring Ball was actually from last year's collection-- I usually prefer cream finishes/no glitter and I don't typically spend $20+ on a nail polish but this color was so pretty I had to have it. The formula is amazing- it's opaque in 1-2 coats and I most recently wore it with a top coat without any chipping, other than minor tip wear for six days. I probably won't be running out and buying more Dior polish anytime soon, but I think they are worth checking out when they have special collections and unique colors.

Wet n Wild in Blazed is clearly the best value-- I definitely didn't expect much from a nail polish so cheap but it was awesome- you can see it on my nails in this post. I got it for under a dollar at Target a few months ago!

Julep in Sydney and Zoya Paz are a lot brighter and more pronounced orange polishes- they're really pretty on your nails but work really well on your toes too! I would also say they're the best in terms of formula & how well they apply. I can get away with one coat with both of them, though I usually apply two.

L'Oreal in Orange You Jealous is another perfect coral colored polish. From the name you'd expect it to be brighter, but as you'll see from the swatch below it's definitely more pink. I'm a big fan of this L'Oreal polish line and think it's one of the best you can get from the drugstore.

Essie's Haute as Hello is the perfect light coral, but the application is terrible and it chips in like two minutes (as most of my Essie polishes do)-- such a shame because it really is the prettiest color, which is why I still try and make it work!

Dior Spring Ball; Essie Haute as Hello; L'Oreal Orange You Jealous; Wet n Wild Blazed; Julep Sydney; Zoya Paz
For whatever reason I swatched the colors in a different order than how I took the photo of the nail polish bottles above-- sorry! Blazed is clearly the best value. Dior is the splurge. And the other three are happy mediums price wise- though I'd definitely recommend Paz or Sydney over Haute as Hello, sorry Essie! 

And this is the last week of the Christmas in July giveaway! Make sure you check out Kallie's post for information on how to enter to win a fun beach bag & some other summer goodies!

What are your favorite orange or coral polishes? Are you sad to see the season come to an end or are you ready to pull out some darker shades?

41 comments

  1. Beautiful, warm and radiant shades and Zoya is a fantastic brand :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great picks! L'Oreal is one of my favorite nail polish drugstore brands, so I will have to try out that color. I need to build up my tan again, though first!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh I really like the Dior and Essie! Side note, glad to know I'm not the only one who struggles with Essie polish chipping (I thought I was just nail-polish-challenged).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Wet 'n Wild one, it's been one of my go-to colours this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of these nail polishes are so pretty! I never really paint my fingernails (unless it's clear polish) but I will definitely miss having fun, summery colour on my toes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love these colors. Perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oooh blazed is pretty! maybe i like it more because i know its cheap. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooohh that Essie one looks so pretty, well they all do :) Sinful Colors "Island Coral" is my fave!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Julep one!! Oranges are some of my favorite colors to sport on my nails because they make me feel tan haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's a new line of those wet n wild polishes out that I'm having SUCH a hard time tracking down! Blaze is close enough to the one color from that line that I was lusting after that I might just grab that one instead!! Love a good orange!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving the lighter coral colors! I've been hearing everyone raving about Julep recently but not familair with it. Is it a gel-based polish?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love me a good coral in the summer! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. orange and coral polish is my favorite go to color for the summer time!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have the same issue with Essie's Haute as Hello, but I love the fun, bright color! I'll have to check out some of these others you list.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Coral is my favorite summer color from nails to maxis. I think it is such a great color.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I totally wear this color year-round ha. Oops. But I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That julep and lOreal color looks awesome! It won't be too long and well have to bring out our fall shades - I'm not ready for that yet!

    www.madeintheshadeblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoa! You have quite the collection. I think I have one or two coral/peach colors at home, but these are nice colors that add a little pizazz without being too bright in conservative settings...What do you think of the Julep polish? I just ordered my first box + an extra polish since it was free with rewards. I can tell you have experience with lots of different brands, so how does it compare to the others? Do you think it's worth the money?

    Ele

    ReplyDelete
  19. These colors are so great in summer. Makes the skin look nice & tan :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I want Haute as Hello.. such a pretty color!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohhh what did you swatch that on? Such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Coral is quickly becoming my favorite color. It's the color of my photography logo and I've been buying so much of it in clothing, too.

    I love that you reviewed each brand. I've been wanting to try the Julep nail polish for months now, but haven't taken the splurge and done it, yet! I definitely need to try it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the Julep one! It's so vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have issues with Essie polishes too. Disappointing since I like so many of their colors. I want to try some of the Julep polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such a shame that the Essie colour had such terrible wear - that's the colour that I was immediately drawn to!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love coral polish! I think it's my favorite color to put on my toes. I use a OPI brand that I adore, but of course can't think of the name right now. Essie has become another favorite brand of mine as well.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love this color. It is so flattering on everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooh these are all fabulous! Love coral polishes too as I find them very flatttering on my skin tone. I've never tried that particular Essie polish but i've been loving "Tart Deco." And ahh that Dior polish is so pretty!!!

    xo Deborah
    Coffee, Prose, and Pretty Clothes

    ReplyDelete
  29. I hate that Essie polishes chip so easily. They're so expensive, too!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I really love essie with a great top coat!! Haute as hello-I don't have that one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Coral is easily one of my favorite nail colors! I love that Essie color!!

    <3, Pamela
    sequinsandseabreezes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Ummm, I don't think I have ANY coral polishes. ;/ I mean, I have lots of shades of pink and during the Summer (it's almost year round here) I wear super bright / hot pink :) The Dior is my fav if that's the sample sheet on the left. It looks like it has sparkles in it!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Just over a month left of summer??! Ugghh don't remind me. I have a very similar color from Zoya and just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a perfect post. I've been looking for a good coral polish and can't find a shade I like! I think I most like that sparkly Dior one!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love that Essie Haute as Hello! OPI's I'm Too Fizzy Today would fit in there too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love the Zoya shade. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the bright Zoya polish! I'm going to keep my eye out for that one. And how crazy that we only have ONE month left of summer... where is the time going?!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I can't believe how fast summer is flying. Love these shades. Fabulous post, love. If you get a moment, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest. xx

    www.fashboulevard.com

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the julep one! The colours look amazing~ I really like your reviews too - very honest and entertaining to read. Do you have one of Vain Pursuits? I’ve started to hear a lot about them and thought it’d be great to have more info!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving a comment!

Back to Top